Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

£30m for sissoko!

At the beginning of the transfer window I was laughing at Ashley's £35m valuation - turns out it was pretty close.

He is ****ing average.

talkSport commentator was somewhat surprised, saying he has done diddly squat for 2 years and bang £30m!

You couldn't make it up, reported to be on his way to Everton, medical room organised then Sissoko went missing and wasn't contactable. Why would you want to sign someone like that especially as he let Newcastle down last season then starred in the Euros. Everton have just dodged a bullet.

Was hoping to see another player coming in, however I do think we have a squad that should finish in the top 8-10.

Forster

Cedric - Van Dijk - Fonte - Bertrand

Hojbjerg - Romeu/Reed

Redmond - Boufal - Tadic

Long/Austin/Rodriguez

A very decent squad that has played together for some time. Just ditch the diamond, or make it work very soon.

We can out a good team out but our squad overall is quite poor and a couple of injuries short of being in real trouble

Was hoping to see another player coming in, however I do think we have a squad that should finish in the top 8-10.

Forster

Hojbjerg - Romeu/Reed

Redmond - Boufal - Tadic

Long/Austin/Rodriguez

A very decent squad that has played together for some time. Just ditch the diamond, or make it work very soon.

Doubt they've sacked Davis and JWP this soon after giving them new contracts.

How much have Everton actually spent this window? Weren't they all banging on about them having £150m to throw around?

Not much. The fact that their first choice keeper is someone we drafted in as cover last year tells you all you need to know. All mouth.

Listen son, people pay a lot of money and want to be entertained and that, in the world of football, means scoring goals.

If you think we're all set up for another top 6 finish and a decent tilt at the Europa league then good luck to ya.

This transfer window has been a disaster.

Btw I'm 46 and seen it all before

For our last European campaign (before last season) we recruited Neil McCann, Darren Kenton and finished mid table. I think we'll cope alright with this 'disaster'.

Forster

Hojbjerg - Romeu/Reed

Redmond - Boufal - Tadic

Long/Austin/Rodriguez

The team we field against Arsenal, who we've only lost to once in our last 6 meetings, will reveal the current strength of our squad.

How much have Everton actually spent this window? Weren't they all banging on about them having £150m to throw around?

£25m on Bolasie, about £10m on Williams, £6m on Gauye...and Stek for a nominal fee. So, they're actually up there with us at the top of the net spend table, given they sold Stones for 50 odd mill. Funny old game.

Listen son, people pay a lot of money and want to be entertained and that, in the world of football, means scoring goals.

If you think we're all set up for another top 6 finish and a decent tilt at the Europa league then good luck to ya.

Ok Pops.

I don't think we're set up for a top 6 finish, largely based on the opinion that Chelsea and Liverpool will finish above us this year.

However i think we have a decent enough squad for a top 10 finish and a cup run.

The transfer window has been nothing like a disaster.

Given your 46 then like me you would have seen the Branfoot years, administrations and relegations. Those were disasters.

Ha ha "Breaking News: Everton withdraw interest in Moussa Sissoko" - that is like dumping your girlfriend after she has already dumped you. Poor attempt at saving face.

Yeah.

Never fancied her anyway. Was only doing it for a dare.

Totally agree, how have we ended up with more money in the bank after a transfer window when we should be strengthening the squad for a more demanding fixture list. Bloody ridiculous.

everton are better off not getting sissoko in all fairness

Yeah, shows up his character to be honest. Pretty weak.

But also shows up how little thought was done into this ''attempt'', stunk of a last min panic and that's seemingly what it was.

Sibley has tweeted that's that. Bit meh.

Quite a late tweet, may be a late 'bit of business' didn't come off?

Stupid money being spent, the sport has gone too far onto the players. IMO the TV money should have had 'strings attached' such as a certain % for players related costs (transfer fees, wages) and another % for club related costs such as stadium infrastructure, investment, reducing ticket costs etc..

Might ditch strikers all together. Tadic, Boufal and Redmond in some formation.

So long as it's not a ridiculously negative Boufal OR Tadic situation.

Could see this actually. Liverpool play a pretty fluid 433 and don't have an out and out striker. Would suit us better than the rigid diamond we've been using so far.

@GraemeBailey: Told Everton are raging about Sissoko saga. They had private jet landed and ready to take him to Liverpool but he didn't turn up.

I'm not really sure why they are. OK no one likes being a patsy, and Everton very much were in this case. But after all football players and MANAGERS aren't know to keep their word and are happy to jump to whatever they see as greener pastures. Spurs are a much better bet than Everton. Bigger club and all that. London. Champions League. Levy done OK this time, except paying too much, in that he didn't get into a ****îng contest with Everton which would have let NUFC possibly up the price even more. Just let the patsy do all the work and then come in at the 11th hour. Won't endear himself to EFC, but its dog eat dog.

Quite a late tweet, may be a late 'bit of business' didn't come off?

Stupid money being spent, the sport has gone too far onto the players. IMO the TV money should have had 'strings attached' such as a certain % for players related costs (transfer fees, wages) and another % for club related costs such as stadium infrastructure, investment, reducing ticket costs etc..

Seems like he's trolling to me...

footballitalia (@footballitalia) tweeted at 10:38 p.m. on Wed, Aug 31, 2016:

#Chievo were close to Dani Osvaldo, but he retired to concentrate on his music... https://t.co/ZJljB3JqZm* #saintsfc https://t.co/nVanXxOfRW

(

)

Lol!

What an atrocious signing for us that was. Hopefully he's better in music than he was at football, doubt it though.

Seems like he's trolling to me...

If you are implying that I am a troll you couldn't be further from the truth, I hate the lot of them.

What was wrong with what I posted to lead you to that mistaken conclusion? I meant money being spent by other clubs i.e. Sissoko not necessarily Saints.

If you are implying that I am a troll you couldn't be further from the truth, I hate the lot of them.

What was wrong with what I posted to lead you to that mistaken conclusion? I meant money being spent by other clubs i.e. Sissoko not necessarily Saints.

I think he was referring to Sibley trolling the fans.

Think he means Sibley was possibly trolling.

I think he meant Sibley, not you.

Can you move on from Everton please; they have their own thread if you're that obsessed.

This is the transfer deadline thread, I'm commenting on deals being done. What's your issue? Maybe I should join in with the narrative of slagging our club off. Should fit in.