Everton Build Up

Toomer

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2274[/ATTACH]

If you had said at the start of the season that at the beginning of 2017 we would be in 9th place and in a cup semi-final, I'd have been happy with that, and I think most fans would have been too.

Nothing rose tinted about that at all, those are the facts. Too many are losing all sense of perspective and want us to be like Swansea who sack our manager after every 10 games.

If you had said at the start of the season that at the beginning of 2017 we would be in 9th place and in a cup semi-final, I'd have been happy with that, and I think most fans would have been too.

Nothing rose tinted about that at all, those are the facts. Too many are losing all sense of perspective and want us to be like Swansea who sack our manager after every 10 games.

mate, will we win this easily like WBA?

It was 7th and a semi what will people be saying when it's 12 13 14 15 th and we've been knocked out of the cup ? But I agree on paper 9th and a cup semi sounds good but that takes out the emotion of having to sit thru rubbish football and travelling hundreds of miles to do so .

Actually there seems to be no tactic currently that would magically make us non sh*tty, new and better personnel are needed IMO. Especially in mid and attack also assistant manager, can't fathom why all of Black's failures and recent embarrassments are tolerated here. He ain't so unique and special that we can't replace him. But tomorrow I'll be praying we don't get humiliated, by our recently departed manager no less. I'll take a good performance and a draw all day.

It was 7th and a semi what will people be saying when it's 12 13 14 15 th and we've been knocked out of the cup ? But I agree on paper 9th and a cup semi sounds good but that takes out the emotion of having to sit thru rubbish football and travelling hundreds of miles to do so .

You're right, if we slip down the table then I won't be happy. But I'm not going to meltdown just because of two poor games.

You're right, if we slip down the table then I won't be happy. But I'm not going to meltdown just because of two poor games.

It seems as though some want us to slip down the table so they can justify the vitriol towards the Puel and the club.

Why would any fan want that

This

Koeman's tactics vs Saints.

If you have a goal scoring chance just get it on target, chances are it will go in.

When they take a corner make sure the two tallest players stand at the front of the 6 yard box.

Double up on Boufal and don't worry about Redmond let him go free.

When they put Shane Long in at left wing don't laugh and pretend it's stretching us.

Pump one in the box as our big lump will always out jump Fonte to score.

Finally allow them to pass it sideways 30 times but make sure you get on the end of Forsters hoof at the end of it.

If you have a goal scoring chance just get it on target, chances are it will go in.

When they take a corner make sure the two tallest players stand at the front of the 6 yard box.

When they put Shane Long in at left wing don't laugh and pretend it's stretching us.

Finally allow them to pass it sideways 30 times but make sure you get on the end of Forsters hoof at the end of it.

I looled, but sadly it's accurate, we're woefully short of quality, esp for the system we play. If redmond was a mane who could actually run at the opp defence and goal instead of away from em he'd of gotten more or less 8-10 goals by now, I mean think of the gilt edged chances he p*ssed away.

And if our "shuttlers" we even remotely attack minded and technically adequate, we'd have another 6-7 or thereabouts goals from midfield by now. But we have ******* jwp pretending to be a shuttling midfielder? When he can't carry his own @ss up the field never mind the ball.

I looled, but sadly it's accurate, we're woefully short of quality, esp for the system we play. If redmond was a mane who could actually run at the opp defence and goal instead of away from em he'd of gotten more or less 8-10 goals by now, I mean think of the gilt edged chances he p*ssed away.

And if our "shuttlers" we even remotely attack minded and technically adequate, we'd have another 6-7 or thereabouts goals from midfield by now. But we have ******* jwp pretending to be a shuttling midfielder? When he can't carry his own @ss up the field never mind the ball.

ok, it's a forum, I guess we should even expect "to of gotten" this sort of thing ?

Happy New Year

ok, it's a forum, I guess we should even expect "to of gotten" this sort of thing

Happy New Year

HNY to you too. But can you name anyone in our midfield part from Davis that has any offensive qualities in open play? All our midfield players combined haven't scored 10 goals in the past 2 seasons. Tells you a lot about that lot.

HNY to you too. But can you name anyone in our midfield part from Davis that has any offensive qualities in open play? All our midfield players combined haven't scored 10 goals in the past 2 seasons. Tells you a lot about that lot.

Hojbjerg is capable of an attacking midfield role - he just seems to be down on confidence, but we've seen him do it. Romeu is also more than capable of making attacking, driving runs into attack but obviously is needed in a DM set up. i'd rather see Sims taking on an attacking mid role rather than when JWP is given the job. As things stand, as you say, it's really only Davis making the runs and picking out passes but one thing I've noticed about Davo these days is he doesn't run out the full game as well as previously. We are sadly understrength in the creative, attacking midfield department.

Funny and true!.

Unfortunately that is too close to the truth for comfort.

Sadly Pilch youre spot on here : /

We desperately need to keep a clean sheet as we have only won two league games where the opposition have scored in the match. Hey I must be sounding like Puel's team talk now!

I reckon 0 0 or a late Everton winner...if they score early our heads will drop and it's likely to be a shedful.

I wonder how Puel's chicken bones will fall today, regarding team selections

can only see a comfortable home win and there will be plenty of excuses why on here.

'we have lost wanyama'

'we are not very good, what do you expect'

'Puel will get it right, he has to rotate'

'we have played so many more games'

yeah, right

im going for 2 shots on target from open play today.

which is a step up to be fair

I see this rotation policy as the thing that's killing us, how the heck can the team be expected to gel if you have a different team mate alongside you every week no wonder we are so inconsistent, puel has no idea whatsover what his strongest side is & surely there's no need for this rotation as we are out of Europe now

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

It seems as though some want us to slip down the table so they can justify the vitriol towards the Puel and the club.

Why would any fan want that

Actually you know full well that every single fan would love Puel to be a massive success .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I see this rotation policy as the thing that's killing us, how the heck can the team be expected to gel if you have a different team mate alongside you every week no wonder we are so inconsistent, puel has no idea whatsover what his strongest side is & surely there's no need for this rotation as we are out of Europe now

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'm by no means a Puel fan and I haven't liked the rotation throughout the season so far but he had to rotate this week I think. Maybe not quite as much as he has but we couldn't have played the same team when we had 3 games in 6 days, and particular the WBA and Everton games just being 2 days apart.

If Man Utd or any other big club had been the only team facing 3 games in 6 days (Chelsea had 3 in 10 days by comparison) then they would have made a big deal about it. For some reason we as a club did not

Here's how I think we'll line up

Forster

Cedric - Yoshida - Fonte - Bertrand

Romeu - JWP - Hoj

Redmond - JRod - Tadic

Probably, with outside chances of Reed for Romeu and Boufal or even McQueen for Tadić.

Tadić doesn't like cold/wet weather.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Perhaps Puel could pull a master stroke and switch to 5-3-2 like Koeman did at this point last season which led to an upturn in form. Going to need something special at the back today to keep Lukaku quiet, VVD had him in his pocket a few weeks ago.

It's obvious that your glasses are so rose tinted you can't actually see through them.

Hojbjerg is capable of an attacking midfield role - he just seems to be down on confidence, but we've seen him do it. Romeu is also more than capable of making attacking, driving runs into attack but obviously is needed in a DM set up. i'd rather see Sims taking on an attacking mid role rather than when JWP is given the job. As things stand, as you say, it's really only Davis making the runs and picking out passes but one thing I've noticed about Davo these days is he doesn't run out the full game as well as previously. We are sadly understrength in the creative, attacking midfield department.

Think Hojberg's problem has more to do with Puel, one minute he's in the team, next he's out, if he does get more than one game in a row the players around him are different each game, how can he be expected to pick up any consistency when he never plays consistently or the players around him always change.

The next problem he probably has is that his instinct tells him to get forward support the attackers, whilst his manager's telling him don't get forward, stay in position ready for the other teams counter should it happen (which it invariably does as our attackers have no support so the ball is taken from them rather easily), meaning he's in limbo between 2 minds which ends up making him look ****e when he clearly isn't.

Think Hojberg's problem has more to do with Puel, one minute he's in the team, next he's out, if he does get more than one game in a row the players around him are different each game, how can he be expected to pick up any consistency when he never plays consistently or the players around him always change.

The next problem he probably has is that his instinct tells him to get forward support the attackers, whilst his manager's telling him don't get forward, stay in position ready for the other teams counter should it happen (which it invariably does as our attackers have no support so the ball is taken from them rather easily), meaning he's in limbo between 2 minds which ends up making him look ****e when he clearly isn't.

Agree with this.

The wider issue, once we're out of the Cups, is whether Puel will switch to a consistent strongest team, if he knows what it is.

I've understood rotation with 2 games a week, but that doesn't hold water with longer breaks and players need to build understanding.

I'd also like to see us go back to 4231. With two holding midfielders there's more freedom for the 3 to get forward. As things are now, we often have 3 holding and effectively 7 at the back and no link to the forwards.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

If you're going get behind them if you're not going get behind them still.

I'm not happy either how we're playing but someone put that even if we win we're papering over the cracks? Really can't win with some people then can we? UTFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 points

Our last away performance was the best of the season.

You'll only know at the end of the season whether our rotation policy works. If we're going into March /April with the squad still fresh, and not too many stress injuries , then it clearly has worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's only Paul Merson but even so "Southampton look like they've gone. With Virgil van Dijk getting sent off against West Ham, I can't see them getting much at Goodison Park. They've been very negative and don't look like scoring goals; the manager seems to set them up to avoid defeat and they sit back too much, as we saw after they took the lead against Tottenham. You can't be like that in this league. I think Everton will win very, very easily and start 2017 as they should look to carry on for the rest of the year with a decent team."

To be fair against Tottenham, we hardly set out to then sat back. There was a period of 10 minutes where we dominated and probably should've scored a second. We didn't, then they stepped up their game massively, as they also demonstrated against Watford, they are a very very very good team.

Merson's prediction

Southampton look like they've gone. With Virgil van Dijk getting sent off against West Ham, I can't see them getting much at Goodison Park. They've been very negative and don't look like scoring goals.

Their manager seems to set them up to avoid defeat and they sit back too much, as we saw after they took the lead against Tottenham. You can't be like that in this league. I think Everton will win very, very easily and start 2017 as they should look to carry on for the rest of the year with a decent team.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0

I know it's only Paul Merson but even so "Southampton look like they've gone. With Virgil van Dijk getting sent off against West Ham, I can't see them getting much at Goodison Park. They've been very negative and don't look like scoring goals; the manager seems to set them up to avoid defeat and they sit back too much, as we saw after they took the lead against Tottenham. You can't be like that in this league. I think Everton will win very, very easily and start 2017 as they should look to carry on for the rest of the year with a decent team."

He was also just saying that Swansea should have gone for Harry Redknapp. Sage