Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

He did, and was still saying it was a fantastic tactical call even when Ralph himself admitted he had dropped a bollock.

So the cult is not huge, but the behaviours are there with some on here.

Can you have a cult that features one person?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It is like a cult with certain posters, the religion of Ralph. When the messiah admits he made a tactical error at Liverpool, they argue he didn’t. If that’s not cult like, it’s pretty damn close. 

To me it's like fans of bands. Take Idles for example. They released a pretty shit 3rd album earlier this year, promoted it as best they could in lockdown and then a few weeks ago basically admitted they knew it was a bit crap but there's still fans who like it.

All the talk of cults and messiahs just seems a bit, I dunno, childish?

Anyway, I'm off out to a gig. Hopefully the singer won't finish it by telling everyone she actually thinks her last album is a bit shit!

39 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If I was you, I’d see where we finish this season before bowing down to Ralph again. 

Why? He's the prems 4th longest serving manager. We've had plenty of time to judge him. He is a massive upgrade on what preceded him despite spending a huge amount less than our rivals.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Cat said:

To me it's like fans of bands. Take Idles for example. They released a pretty shit 3rd album earlier this year, promoted it as best they could in lockdown and then a few weeks ago basically admitted they knew it was a bit crap but there's still fans who like it.

All the talk of cults and messiahs just seems a bit, I dunno, childish?

Anyway, I'm off out to a gig. Hopefully the singer won't finish it by telling everyone she actually thinks her last album is a bit shit!

I liked Idles last album too! Joy as an act of resistance was such an incredible album they had a really hard task to follow it, but I think it's still pretty good. Better than brutalism imo.

35 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

He did, and was still saying it was a fantastic tactical call even when Ralph himself admitted he had dropped a bollock.

So the cult is not huge, but the behaviours are there with some on here.

I disagree with Ralph, I thought it was a good strategy. If anything if I was obsessed with the guy or thought his word was gospel I'd pivot to agree with him when he said he made a mistake. He didn't. A 4222 would have been much more likely to concede and pivoting to a three man midfield would have been fighting a losing battle rather than suring up the defence, especially with Diallo and Stu injured.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It is like a cult with certain posters, the religion of Ralph. When the messiah admits he made a tactical error at Liverpool, they argue he didn’t. If that’s not cult like, it’s pretty damn close. 

No it’s not it’s one posters opinion - if that’d your version of cult what is yours?

The line up against Liverpool was obviously a terrible strategy. Ralph admitted it, pundits watching the game called it as a bad setup in real time, Saints fans watching called it pre game and early on. Poor strategy, and very much the wrong one.

The Diallo injury obviously put plans into chaos, Ralph was going to start him, I assume alongside JWP and Romeu. Whether that was planned to be with a back 3/5 or the normal 4, don’t know, I’m assuming Ralph wanted 3 CBs and three CMs. The error came when Diallo was deemed out injured, Ralph went with one extra striker to make up tge 11. Not much other choice with what we had on the bench to beef up midfield (Smallbone the only genuine CM and no game time behind him), but the 3 up top basically played right into Liverpool’s hands. Fair play, Ralph recognised his strategic error, changed it, and admitted his mistake after the game. It’s just about unanimous that it was an error. Hindsight tells us we looked more solid in a regular shape, but playing 3 (effectively) strikers was the biggest flaw of the formation imo.

We were gonna get whacked anyway. Everyone knows that. Just tough watching seeing us line up so gapingly  open.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, farawaysaint said:

Let’s be real, Ralph is limited but I cannot think of anyone I would rather have at our level. He does just fine.

I still very much like him. He has errors in him but he’s done more than enough with this bunch for me to want him to stay. Would love to see what he could do with a little bit of proper backing but we’re skint so meh. I’d say he’s about our level, and we’re his.

6 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I still very much like him. He has errors in him but he’s done more than enough with this bunch for me to want him to stay. Would love to see what he could do with a little bit of proper backing but we’re skint so meh. I’d say he’s about our level, and we’re his.

Yep, I think that's absolutely fair. Exactly how I see it.

It's nice to have some stability around the management of the team for a change. We clearly have an identity but are lacking genuine quality to be consistent with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Why? He's the prems 4th longest serving manager. We've had plenty of time to judge him. He is a massive upgrade on what preceded him despite spending a huge amount less than our rivals.

Why? That’s fucking obvious isn’t it?

He’s an upgrade on Mark fucking Hughes, wow, let’s get him on a 10 year contract as we clearly won’t get anyone better.

Hes an average manager, managing an average group of players. He’s done a better job than than the previous 2 managers, but a worse one than the 3 that preceded him.

There aren’t too many other  supporters, if any, who would want him at their Premier league  club. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Why? That’s fucking obvious isn’t it?

He’s an upgrade on Mark fucking Hughes, wow, let’s get him on a 10 year contract as we clearly won’t get anyone better.

Hes an average manager, managing an average group of players. He’s done a better job than than the previous 2 managers, but a worse one than the 3 that preceded him.

There aren’t too many other  supporters, if any, who would want him at their Premier league  club. 

He's not just an upgrade, he basically doubled his win % whilst spending significantly less than rivals in the interim.

42 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I think you'd be surprised.

The only ones I can't think of are Everton fans.

They see Rafa as a massive red kopite and that's before you even get to the shite he's serving up there.

But his Liverpool Red background means if Ralph was offered they'd take him.

However, if Ralph got shagged 9-0 there just ONCE, they'd be camped outside his house with pitchforks.

Let alone the 5 points in 13 games or whatever horrendous runs he's been on here, of which there are several.

And they aren't just blips.

They are absolutely dreadful runs for a manager reportedly on what he's on.

But it's ok.... certain nutters on here who think 9-0 twice is acceptable as long as we don't get relegated and on paper his stats are better than Mark fucking Hughes.

Edited by JustinSFC

28 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

The only ones I can't think of are Everton fans.

They see Rafa as a massive red kopite and that's before you even get to the shite he's serving up there.

But his Liverpool Red background means if Ralph was offered they'd take him.

However, if Ralph got shagged 9-0 there just ONCE, they'd be camped outside his house with pitchforks.

Let alone the 5 points in 13 games or whatever horrendous runs he's been on here, of which there are several.

And they aren't just blips.

They are absolutely dreadful runs for a manager reportedly on what he's on.

But it's ok.... certain nutters on here who think 9-0 twice is acceptable as long as we don't get relegated and on paper his stats are better than Mark fucking Hughes.

So you'd rather we got relegated last season rather than us have that loss to united?

9 minutes ago, TWar said:

So you'd rather we got relegated last season rather than us have that loss to united?

If you're trying to say "it could have been worse" well yes, no shit. It could have been worse.

The only way it could have been worse is actually getting relegated.

I'm sure there's a point you're trying to make somewhere.

God knows what, but I have to believe for my own fucking sanity, you are trying to make a point.

2 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

If you're trying to say "it could have been worse" well yes, no shit. It could have been worse.

God knows what, but I have to believe for my own fucking sanity, you are trying to make a point.

I'm trying to say if you invest second least in the league you are very likely to get relegated, especially if the team before that barely avoided relegation as is.

Ralph keeping us up given that is very impressive and not something most managers could pull off. Given that, I don't give a fuck about two freak results over the last three years or a couple of bad spells we went on when ravaged by injury.

That's the point, hope that keeps you sane so you don't have to storm off again.

6 minutes ago, TWar said:

I'm trying to say if you invest second least in the league you are very likely to get relegated, especially if the team before that barely avoided relegation as is.

Ralph keeping us up given that is very impressive and not something most managers could pull off. Given that, I don't give a fuck about two freak results over the last three years or a couple of bad spells we went on when ravaged by injury.

That's the point, hope that keeps you sane so you don't have to storm off again.

The state of that.

Even Hughes kept us up.

I still can't see your point.

Your bar for expectation is lower than a snakes ball sack.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

You need to calm down sunshine. I don’t necessarily agree with twar but I’m not swearing (on a forum) at him. Why is it nearly every post you write comes over as being aggressive? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

The state of that.

Even Hughes kept us up.

I still can't see your point.

Your bar for expectation is lower than a snakes ball sack.

Hughes scraped it right at the very end, and was sending us down before Ralph took over. Since then the board have given him nothing funding-wise and we have been nowhere near relegation. The bar is low because we spend absolutely nothing. I'm amazed you haven't noticed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

You need to calm down sunshine. I don’t necessarily agree with twar but I’m not swearing (on a forum) at him. Why is it nearly every post you write comes over as being aggressive? 

I thought this, this morning his was raving and swearing at multiple people and seemed like he might leave for a bit. Unfortunately he is back and angrier than ever.

Now everyone, and I mean everyone I speak to up here, and there are a mixture of fans, seem to have the same thinking as me. We try and play football the ‘right’ way. We get the ball down and we pass, we have wide men that run at defenders. We are pretty toothless in attack when it comes to the final 3rd. We are very inconsistent when it comes to defending, and over the course of games, one half to the next, and we have a goalkeeper that can be a petty dam good shot stopper, but his errors are highlighted, like most keepers as they lead to goals. 

Overall with our spending power we give any team a pretty good game, and most say they like to watch us play when on live and highlights. they like our manager more than the majority of our own fans, and are baffled that so many want him out. 

Then they sum up the last bit by saying “pretty much like every club, if they have a couple of bad games”. Nut shell. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Lolol. Really? You find that aggressive? Lolol.

43 minutes ago, TWar said:

Hughes scraped it right at the very end, and was sending us down before Ralph took over. Since then the board have given him nothing funding-wise and we have been nowhere near relegation. The bar is low because we spend absolutely nothing. I'm amazed you haven't noticed.

Perhaps the so called "cult", which seems to have been invented on here are not those ones who support the club, support the manager and want him to stay, but those who bang on with relentless monotony, like broken records, about how they want him out. Those who try to preach to others with opposing views. Someone on here called Ralph a simpleton earlier. Yeh right....I don't need to add anything, I think that post speaks for itself. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

Perhaps the so called "cult", which seems to have been invented on here are not those ones who support the club, support the manager and want him to stay, but those who bang on with relentless monotony, like broken records, about how they want him out. Those who try to preach to others with opposing views. Someone on here called Ralph a simpleton earlier. Yeh right....I don't need to add anything, I think that post speaks for itself. 

Exactly the sort of thing a cultist would say…. 

Edited by Dman

12 hours ago, TWar said:

The bar is low because we spend absolutely nothing. I'm amazed you haven't noticed.

You’ve already said we’ve got a better squad than Villa. I presume you’ll accept we’ve got a better squad than Norwich, and if you’re being generous to them, on a par with Burnley, Watford & Brentford. Yet you continue with the ridiculous notion that finishing 4th, 5th or 6th from bottom would be an achievement. Hell, you’d even try to spin relegation as nothing to do with Ralph. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You’ve already said we’ve got a better squad than Villa. I presume you’ll accept we’ve got a better squad than Norwich, and if you’re being generous to them, on a par with Burnley, Watford & Brentford. Yet you continue with the ridiculous notion that finishing 4th, 5th or 6th from bottom would be an achievement. Hell, you’d even try to spin relegation as nothing to do with Ralph. 

I think our squad is better than Villa, Watford, Burnley et al. because of Ralph. He has improved our players tenfold. Just look at jwp, romeo, stephens, bednarek, stu etc. before him and after. Before JWP almost went to Watford for 15m after we are turning down double that 

Edited by TWar

7 minutes ago, TWar said:

I think our squad is better than Villa, Watford, Burnley et al. because of Ralph. He has improved our players tenfold. Just look at jwp, romeo, stephens, bednarek, stu etc. before him and after. Before JWP almost went to Watford for 15m after we are turning down double that 

The only ones of those who you could say have improved directly due to Ralph is Prowse.

As for Bednarek. He's got worse.

The others have been the same.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TWar said:

Before JWP almost went to Watford for 15m

There is a huge difference between a rumour of a club making a bid vs him 'almost' leaving the club

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/16403799.james-ward-prowse-watford-reportedly-make-10-million-bid-southampton-midfielder/

Edited by Matthew Le God

Just now, JustinSFC said:

The only ones of those who you could say have improved directly due to Ralph is Prowse.

As for Bednarek. He's got worse.

The others have been the same.

There is no way Bednarek has gotten worse, you clearly don't remember him under Hughes he was getting held out the side by Hoedt. Romeu has gotten exponentially better, as has Stu. Stephens has ups and downs but his quantity of "ups" were much higher under Ralph.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

There is a huge difference between a rumour of a club making a bid vs him 'almost' leaving the club

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/16403799.james-ward-prowse-watford-reportedly-make-10-million-bid-southampton-midfielder/

True, I remember hearing from some source at the time we had a £15m price tag but they wouldn't go over £10m. Either way, his price tag has clearly over tripled since then thanks to Ralph completely reinventing him as a footballer and making him into our best and most important player.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Are we going to be top of the points conceded from winning positions table for the third running season? Honestly what the fuck does he say at half time.

Genuinely think we need some Strachan or Poch-esque fitness training as we are wank second half.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Saints foreva said:

71 points lost from a winning position under Hassenhuttl now. Shocking, fucking shocking. 

Almost as bad as 2....9-0 defeats.....................................................................................how many of those games when points are lost were say in the last 10 mins or less?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl