Sport Republic

Dusic

51 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Why would a top club want to hire a data scientist? Don't they read Saintsweb where that sort of thing has been shouted down as utter nonsense and a waste of time?

More to the point, why would a top club want to hire OUR data scientist?  Not exactly proved themselves to be worth their weight in gold recently....

2 hours ago, saintant said:

Well if he's been with us for over five years he hasn't exactly made a difference so can't imagine he'll be missed.

Why don't you contribute some comments instead of the confused faces all the time. It's getting boring now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pamplemousse said:

To be fair to Bree, he'd probably be alright for us next season. Think Fraizer Richardson

Yeah I don't think he's totally terrible, but the drop off in quality when KWP went off last night was so evident. Our only threat was coming via him really during that little period after HT, the drop off to Bree was just enormous for this level. Luckily we won't be at this level next year.

We are definitely down now id bet my house on it and SR need to take their fair share of the blame, the jones experiment caused

catastrophic damage which we simply cant recover from, someone at SR needs to take accountability for the horrendous horrendous decisions

somehow i don't think they will though they seem to be able to put media spin on every turd they produce at this club

SR takeover = 3/10 at best 

Wonder what the results have been since Sports Republic took over on 4th January 2022>

As I recollect it started quite well, even beat Brentford 4-1 the only home game I have enjoyed in over a year (I missed the Man City cup win!!!)

Any news how the Turkish investment is going?

4 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

Wonder what the results have been since Sports Republic took over on 4th January 2022>

As I recollect it started quite well, even beat Brentford 4-1 the only home game I have enjoyed in over a year (I missed the Man City cup win!!!)

I missed that Brentford game :(

4 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

Fucking 9th

• 4 weeks later...

Whoever thought the busted flush of Ralph Hasenhuttl should carry on this season needs sacking !

This created even more disillusionment at staplewood and the board knew it was gloomy, but continued with it.

The rot started before sports republic.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

The rot started before sports republic.

They purchased the club early 2022 didn’t they ? So even if it did start before them , they’ve had ample opportunity to address it.

Last summer possibly, and certainly in November but have royally bollocksed  it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

So what.  Like saying I’ve got to pay my mortgage.  I’m no financial genius but if you borrow money, you can’t be surprised that you have to pay it back.

I doubt many people get 2 year 100% mortgages and suffer almost immediate catastrophic downturns with income.

Be interesting to see how this plays out, given our previous relegation when south after 2 years down.

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Looking forward to Potter coming home?

I wouldn’t class it as “home”, but I’d take him, I’m sure you would too. 🤣

We aren’t a bad club to be involved with. If Rasmus could learn to back the fuck off the footballing side and the transfer side we’d be a strong pull for a lot of players.

Equally nowadays as long as you pay the right money you can get anyone. The Championship isn’t a bad league to manage in and build your credit up some more.

48 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

It will be very interesting.   Suspect the sale of JWP, KWP and Lavia will be very helpful to SRs finances.

We won’t be much of an investment as a Championship club.

Rasmus said they wouldn’t be phased by relegation and are here for the long term.

He wasn’t going to say we’re fucked if we go down, was he

Southampton owner Dragan Solak has to pay back £110m loan by end of 2024

Dragan Solak, a 59-year-old Serbian-born businessman, took over Southampton in January last year but club are now odds-on to be relegated

Martyn Ziegler
, Chief Sports Reporter
Monday April 10 2023, 1.45pm, The Times

The owner of relegation-threatened Southampton faces having to pay back a £110 million loan, money he used to buy the club last year, by the end of 2024.

Dragan Solak, a 59-year-old Serbian-born businessman, took over Southampton in January last year. The club sit bottom of the Premier League and are odds-on to be relegated to the Sky Bet Championship, which would cause their turnover to drop by at least one third.

Solak’s spokesman said that repayment of the loan is not related to Southampton’s financial or footballing performance, and the club’s cashflow would not be used to repay the loan.

The details of the loan are provided in the accounts of a Luxembourg-registered company, Summer Invest Sarl, which is owned by Solak and a private equity group. It is also the majority shareholder in the United Group, the telecommunications and media operation he founded in 2007, which made the loan to Solak.

The Summer Invest accounts also reveal that an extra £50 million loan facility was available to be accessed by Solak, though it is not clear if he has used this. The accounts state: “In December 2021, the group provided a loan in the amount of £110 million (€129.4 million) to Mr Solak based on the loan agreement dated December 14, 2021. The loan is secured by shares in Summer Parent Sarl which are held by an entity controlled by Mr Solak.

“The terms were negotiated on an arms-length basis and include a three-year term, customary mandatory pre-payment provisions and a loan-to-value financial covenant.

“An additional £50 million amount remains available for drawing under the loan prior to December 15, 2022.”

Solak took over Southampton in January last yearIt adds that the latest the loan should be repaid is 36 months after the date of the loan agreement, which would be December 2024.A spokesman for Solak’s family office told The Times: “Repayment of the loan is not related to the performance and financials of Southampton FC. There isn’t and hasn’t ever been any intention to repay the loan from Southampton FC cashflow.”
It is understood that Solak is prepared to provide additional funding to Southampton should it be needed, and he had not expected his investment in the club to provide an immediate return.

Solak’s takeover of Southampton followed his company Sport Klub losing the Premier League rights in Serbia and the Balkans to the state-owned broadcaster, Telekom Srbija. Sport Klub had paid €12 million (about £10.5 million) a year for the rights, but were blown out of the water by a €600 million, six-year deal for the 2022-28 rights.

Many saw this as a political move by Serbia’s president, Aleksandar Vucic, as Solak’s media companies have been among the few that have been openly critical of his government.

The existence of the loan to Solak comes at a time when the credit rating agency Moody’s changed its outlook for the United Group’s parent company Adria Midco from stable to negative in January, citing “the company’s high leverage and weakened liquidity over the past 12 months”. It did, however, maintain the B2 corporate credit rating for €4.58 billion owed by the United Group to bondholders.

The Moody’s release cited the loan to Solak, stating: “In addition, its liquidity has weakened owing to . . . other uses such as related party transactions including a loan to the founder.”

The B2 rating affirmation did reference “the company’s solid operating momentum and growth opportunities, improved scale and scope of operations over the past few years, and its strategic shift to focus on cash flow generation, liquidity and deleveraging”.

Solak’s family office referenced the ratings agency S&P affirming the rating and outlook of United Group last month, stating it expects it to “continue to post solid revenue growth and improving [financial performance] despite macroeconomic headwinds and inflationary pressures”.

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

So technically, Solak owes £110m to a company that he owns.

Pretty sure he's got this covered and nothing to see here.

Oh come on! I hadn't even had a chance to get my mouth frothing with indignation, and come out with this being the doom of our club! You just ruined that for me with your  perspective stuff. 🙂

• Haha 2