Danny Ings

sisi1992

6 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

If i was ings I'd leave. Doesn't make him a twat, our club has pretty much no ambition and as Turkish points out he could go to somewhere like West ham next season, make more money and play in Europe. 

To be fair, West Ham would be a good move for Ings. Bigger fan base, better squad, Europe, etc. This is possibly his last big move and he can't be criticised if he goes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, egg said:

To be fair, West Ham would be a good move for Ings. Bigger fan base, better squad, Europe, etc. This is possibly his last big move and he can't be criticised if he goes. 

Local, as in being able to live where he does, as well. 

The problem for us is that any club will want to pay the least amount to sign Ings (injuries) especially as hes run his contract down on purpose.

We also have to give liverpool a large wedge and from all that we wouldnt be able to get a like for like replacement.

47 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

The problem for us is that any club will want to pay the least amount to sign Ings (injuries) especially as hes run his contract down on purpose.

We also have to give liverpool a large wedge and from all that we wouldnt be able to get a like for like replacement.

No we don't. The transfer fee won't be much higher than the £20m we paid, if at all.  No profit on the fee, so Liverpool get nothing.

1 minute ago, Cartman said:

No we don't. The transfer fee won't be much higher than the £20m we paid, if at all.  No profit on the fee, so Liverpool get nothing.

Well that depends on the terms of any sell on fee, which I doubt you have seen.

Usually the %s are not based on profit but on the sale amount. Of course, nobody knows in this case apart from those who need to.

I think as a general rule sell ons usually kick in as a percentage of the total but only if the sale is higher, ie the club makes a profit.

I can't think of any examples where flop players are sold on and a sell on clause is still paid. 

The basic principle is that a sell on is a gamble of an increasing future value of the player being sold. Otherwise it would be just the original buying club paying for the same player twice over.

3 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Do we still laugh at WHU? Always hard to keep up here. 

I do miss the days when we laughed at West Ham and Everton and people saying it was impossible for Leicester to crack the top 6. 🙄
it

Its all right mate. Everyone in football laughs at Everton. The second best team in their city who always promise so much but deliver nothing. Next season will always be good for them. 😁

You don't have a soft spot for them do you ??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dusic said:

Well that depends on the terms of any sell on fee, which I doubt you have seen.

Usually the %s are not based on profit but on the sale amount. Of course, nobody knows in this case apart from those who need to.

Wrong. It is almost always a % of the profit.

45 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Its all right mate. Everyone in football laughs at Everton. The second best team in their city who always promise so much but deliver nothing. Next season will always be good for them. 😁

You don't have a soft spot for them do you ??

I have a soft spot for Everton as a consequence of their history, their old fashioned ground (including dug outs!!!) and the fact that they are generally supported by people living in Liverpool, Wirral and N Wales.

• Like 3

Everton are just US with owners that back the club financially. They are also a great example of how money and ambition can’t simply buy success

Leicester have done it without spending beyond there means - something that was described as impossible by the forum ‘experts’

We have been a bit of a mess for years now. You can track all the decline back to Mitchell and Cortese / Markus exits. Momentum and solid foundations kept us going for a while but has been a steady and ugly decline 

25 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Everton are just US with owners that back the club financially. They are also a great example of how money and ambition can’t simply buy success

Leicester have done it without spending beyond there means - something that was described as impossible by the forum ‘experts’

We have been a bit of a mess for years now. You can track all the decline back to Mitchell and Cortese / Markus exits. Momentum and solid foundations kept us going for a while but has been a steady and ugly decline 

I wish we had Everton's 9 League titles and 5 FA Cups.

My friend who supports Everton is rather pissed off with them. Admittedly he lives 100 miles from Goodison and doesn't get to see them much. At the start of every season there is something new which gives them hope. Either a player eg Richarlison or Rodriguez or a new manager like Koeman. Every season they end up being not quite good enough for the European places but still in the top half of the table. As they say - it is the hope that kills you and it is killing him. 

Mind you.... he doesn't envy us for our 9 nil defeats and hovering near the relegation zone. 😀

• Like 1

So that's probably it, then.

8, 25, 11.

A decent return, and good value for money. 

But he's not, as some make out, one of the best players who has ever played for us.

I'd always have a lot more affection for James Beattie, for a start.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

8, 25, 11.

But he's not, as some make out, one of the best players who has ever played for us.

To be honest, not sure he would even make my top ten of best players. Possibly top ten forwards but not top ten as a whole. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

8, 25, 11.

I’ll see you Beattie and raise you Pellè. I’d rather have someone who was fit for every game, even if his scoring rate was lower.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I’ll see you Beattie and raise you Pellè. I’d rather have someone who was fit for every game, even if his scoring rate was lower.

Indeed. I bet wherever Danny ends up I bet he won't be pulling down what Pelle was getting after he left us. 💰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

8, 25, 11.

Am I missing something?

Is he on his way?

7 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Am I missing something?

Is he on his way?

After Ralph's comments today we can say that he's played his last game for us before he heads off for the next lucrative stage of his career at Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United, Rajasthan Royals or wherever he ends up.

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

8, 25, 11.

Agree; but he’s comfortably our best player currently and will be a big loss. 

Absolutely don’t blame him for going though.  

• Like 1

On 28/04/2021 at 15:05, Cartman said:

Liverpool echo from when he was sold say a mind blowing 20% sell on fee

Edited by SaintsLoyal

5 minutes ago, SKD said:

Agree; but he’s comfortably our best player currently and will be a big loss. 

Absolutely don’t blame him for going though.  

10 goals shouldn’t be a big loss for anyone. If we can’t find someone who can score 8-10 a season, even with our budget, then god help our scouting department. Even a slow, unfit, lazy Charlie Austin prodded in 6/7 a season for a couple of years. 

55 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Well Ralph's presser today he said he doesn't think he'll play the remaining games.

That's probably code for he's off.

I think it means that he won’t be fit enough to play in the remaining games of the season. I don’t think it is code for anything.

41 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

10 goals shouldn’t be a big loss for anyone. If we can’t find someone who can score 8-10 a season, even with our budget, then god help our scouting department. Even a slow, unfit, lazy Charlie Austin prodded in 6/7 a season for a couple of years. 

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here, but He’s still our best player and will be a big loss. Injuries are why he’s only scored a few this season not ability. 

He’s miles and miles ahead of Adams / Obafemi / Nlundlu In terms of goal threat 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SKD said:

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here, but He’s still our best player and will be a big loss. Injuries are why he’s only scored a few this season not ability. 

He’s miles and miles ahead of Adams / Obafemi / Nlundlu In terms of goal threat 

Ings scored 10 league goals this season. If we can find someone else who can score 8-10 a season, it’s really not much of a loss.

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Ings scored 10 league goals this season. If we can find someone else who can score 8-10 a season, it’s really not much of a loss.

Like Adams who’s scored 8 this season?.....

Ings will be a huge loss to us, first name on the teamsheet and our best player. Without him, we lack even less of a goal threat. 

Nonsense to suggest otherwise really. 

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I’d argue it’s a huge loss and we’ll probably spend another season around 15th and God forbid...18th... 

The reality is though is Djenepo, Redmond, Walcott, Armstrong all need to contribute more especially if we get his replacement wrong 

Edited by nta786

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

I think it means that he won’t be fit enough to play in the remaining games of the season. I don’t think it is code for anything.

I'm not convinced a big, big team will come in for him certainly not say anything more than about what we paid for him and £20m quid for a player that averages 3-5 decent injuries a season is probably over the odds.

I can see him ending up at West Ham or Tottenham and fair play to him.

He carried us last season. 

Whilst you are correct, Ralph's comments today makes it very very unlikely we'll see him in a saints shirt again and at 29 he's in the upper age bracket for Ralph for a player with his injury record.

5 minutes ago, SKD said:

Like Adams who’s scored 8 this season?.....

Ings will be a huge loss to us, first name on the teamsheet and our best player. Without him, we lack even less of a goal threat. 

Nonsense to suggest otherwise really. 

We’ve already had the ‘huge loss’ of going from 23 league goals last season to 10 this season. It really doesn’t take much to be an 8-10 goal striker in this league. We need to find another Gabbiadini or Adams, not a superhero. Heck, even Long managed 10 goals once upon a time.

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

We’ve already had the ‘huge loss’ of going from 23 league goals last season to 10 this season. It really doesn’t take much to be an 8-10 goal striker in this league. We need to find another Gabbiadini or Adams, not a superhero. Heck, even Long managed 10 goals once upon a time.

Let’s not start the ‘he’s not very good anyway’ because you’re bitter he’s off. 

Dubious injury record, yes. But we’re a significantly better team with him in it. Ideally, and I’m sure if you asked anyone at the club, we’d rather find another gabbiadini / Adams (neither set the world alight, so poor example imo), to play along side him and cover when injured. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SKD said:

Let’s not start the ‘he’s not very good anyway’ because you’re bitter he’s off. 

Dubious injury record, yes. But we’re a significantly better team with him in it. Ideally, and I’m sure if you asked anyone at the club, we’d rather find another gabbiadini / Adams (neither set the world alight, so poor example imo), to play along side him and cover when injured. 

I’m not bitter when any player leaves us, nobody is irreplaceable. Especially 29 year olds with poor injury records, who’ve averaged 13 league goals a season over three years. The fact that Adams and Gabbi didn’t set the world alight is exactly the point, which you’re missing. 10 goals is 10 goals, whether they’re ‘world class’ goals or Adams’ ‘scuffed’ goals.

24 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I’m not bitter when any player leaves us, nobody is irreplaceable. Especially 29 year olds with poor injury records, who’ve averaged 13 league goals a season over three years. The fact that Adams and Gabbi didn’t set the world alight is exactly the point, which you’re missing. 10 goals is 10 goals, whether they’re ‘world class’ goals or Adams’ ‘scuffed’ goals.

Yes, but there's a difference between a 10 goal in half a season player with a 10 goal in a whole season player. With the half season player we may get 4-5 goals from his replacement for his missed games.

3 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

Yes, but there's a difference between a 10 goal in half a season player with a 10 goal in a whole season player. With the half season player we may get 4-5 goals from his replacement for his missed games.

No sign of that though is there. Walcott, Redmond and Minamino have 2 each all season and half the time they’ve been on the pitch with Ings anyway. Obafemi has had his own fitness issues and not scored at all, nor has N’Lundulu.

What you’re advocating for and what people are basically saying they’ll miss is exactly what we’ve had this season and personally I can’t wait to see the back of it. Ings, Bertrand, Walcott, Vestergaard... I’m really not fussed if all of them leave, they’ve been nothing remotely special.

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

No sign of that though is there. Walcott, Redmond and Minamino have 2 each all season and half the time they’ve been on the pitch with Ings anyway. Obafemi has had his own fitness issues and not scored at all, nor has N’Lundulu.

What you’re advocating for and what people are basically saying they’ll miss is exactly what we’ve had this season and personally I can’t wait to see the back of it. Ings, Bertrand, Walcott, Vestergaard... I’m really not fussed if all of them leave, they’ve been nothing remotely special.

Yes if his replacement for the missing matches is a Shane Long then the 2 of them is no better than a 10 goal a season player. I'm saying I'd prefer to keep Ings and finding another Adams as his backup. Of course a healthy 20 goal a season replacement would be ideal, but we all know how likely that is.

8 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

keep Ings and finding another Adams as his backup. Of course a healthy 20 goal a season replacement would be ideal, but we all know how likely that is.

Well, yes but none of that's feasible at all. Another Adams as backup is going to be £15m+ we don't have if we haven't sold Ings first. Even if we did have £15m spare, I'd spend it on a LB anyway.

27 minutes ago, SKD said:

If we get another Adams, does that then mean Adams is no longer the ‘support striker’ as the new man will be and we can rightly criticise how bad he is in front of goal? 

Getting another support striker would be a bad move. More likely we move for a poacher who can play off Che and Redmond who are both more providers. Doubt Che will just become a 9, it's not really his strength. Who knows tbh.

Club will also not want to block Tellas path, but despite being a bright light in the team in the second half of the season, not sure he’s scored yet?

Need to bring in a proper goal scorer I think but no idea who that could be in our price range. Assume we sell Ings for £20m ish, the lot should go back into buying a striker. RB Leipzig seem to be collecting them atm

• Lighthouse changed the title to Danny Ings