Summer Transfer Window 2021

Dusic

1 hour ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Origi?

Screenshot_20210715-203043.png

Please god no. If true, what the fuck is wrong with our scouting ffs.

we should be snapping the best talent in the dutch, austrian, belgium, polish leagues. I would even add Brazilian, Argentinian, Colombian, Uruguayan, Chiliean ones with the new brexit rules.

I know our scouting may need a few years to setup but why don t we recruit a recruitment expert with loads of contacts.

the Everton guy was supposed to be a stop gap but now he seems to be in charge of it, yet another cheap option.

Edited by stevy777_x
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

we should be snapping the best talent in the dutch, austrian, belgium, polish leagues. I would even add Brazilian, Argentinian, Colombian, Uruguayan, Chiliean ones with the new brexit leagues.

I know our scouting may need a few years to setup but why don t we recruit a recruitment expert with loads of contacts.

the Everton guy was supposed to be a stop gap but now he seems to be in charge of it, yet another cheap option.

The new team is in place.  As Dusic has said before, I'm very surprised we haven't snapped up some extra talent to bulk out the B-Team & U18's yet.

32 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

The Armstrong deal's not going to happen... Is It? 

Not until Ings has gone.

I reckon Ings will go, Armstrong will be his replacement and then we will just keep Obafemi alongside Tella, Walcott & Redmond as the backup to Adams and Armstrong.

Edited by Dusic

14 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

The Armstrong deal's not going to happen... Is It? 

Yeah I think it will tbh. I think Ings is off and we will sign Armstrong to "play with him" then sell Ings and not replace him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TWar said:

Yeah I think it will tbh. I think Ings is off and we will sign Armstrong to "play with him" then sell Ings and not replace him.

Even if ings goes I still think we need Armstrong plus another decent striker. This would mean we have 3 reasonable attackers with tella and Redmond to fill in. Relying on Adam’s (10 goals a season) and Armstrong (has really played in prem) to fire us to 18th is a risky tactic.

Piece in The Athletic about Chelsea youth players leaving them. We aren’t mentioned, but says their commanding young centre-back Dynel Simeu rejected a contract and will join a Prem side next week. (He’s on a free).

We should be all over that one.  His bio says he was born in Cameroon but Chelsea OS even describes him as a “Southampton boy”.

20 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Piece in The Athletic about Chelsea youth players leaving them. We aren’t mentioned, but says their commanding young centre-back Dynel Simeu rejected a contract and will join a Prem side next week. (He’s on a free).

We should be all over that one.  His bio says he was born in Cameroon but Chelsea OS even describes him as a “Southampton boy”.

Follows Slattery, Bertrand, Ndlundu, Ramsey insta

25 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Played for Chamberlayne in the Southampton local league...got scouted by and signed by Chelsea from under out nose on our patch. Not good!! He's captained them lots and is exactly the sort of player we need for the development team, and hopefully he can develop. 

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Little piece about him here about his history: https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/02/09/teenage-kicks--dynel-simeu

"I came from a Sunday league team in Southampton and with my background I didn’t know many footballers and didn’t even know how Chelsea Academy worked, I thought playing here was unrealistic. I admired Portsmouth and Southampton because that’s all I knew, I always dreamed of becoming a footballer but my family and I never thought it was realistic, then when I got the chance everything happened quickly and it was unbelievable."

Eeek

Also in the article: Valentino Livramento (right back) is training with the Chelsea U16’s after not signing a new deal. You’d hope he was on the radar too.

He will probably end up at Palace.

Edited by SuperSAINT

12 hours ago, stevy777_x said:

we should be snapping the best talent in the dutch, austrian, belgium, polish leagues. I would even add Brazilian, Argentinian, Colombian, Uruguayan, Chiliean ones with the new brexit rules.

Personally think he would be a good signing.  Scored in Champions League final, ripped us apart in League Cup tie in past.  Still on,y 26.  If we got him and Armstrong in I would be very happy

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Southampton are expressing an interest in 23-year-old Manchester City midfielder Yangel Herrera, the Venezuelan has just returned from a second season on loan at Granada, & is valued at ‘up to £20million’ #saintsfc [telegraph]

He’s been linked earlier this year, too.  Worth pointing out that Palace & West Ham are also mentioned, so that’s us f*cked.

36 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Southampton are expressing an interest in 23-year-old Manchester City midfielder Yangel Herrera, the Venezuelan has just returned from a second season on loan at Granada, & is valued at ‘up to £20million’ #saintsfc [telegraph]

For a team who have repeatedly said we aren't looking for a midfielder we sure are linked with a lot of midfielders.

10 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

He’s been linked earlier this year, too.  Worth pointing out that Palace & West Ham are also mentioned, so that’s us f*cked.

Could only imagine it would be a loan. We aren't forking out £20m on a CM.

46 minutes ago, TWar said:

For a team who have repeatedly said we aren't looking for a midfielder we sure are linked with a lot of midfielders.

Every time I see one of these I think 'oh, that's JWP off then'. Same true for Ings and forwards, and Vestergard when there's a CB linked. Our squad is very thin. and doesn't look very competitive to me. Plus we have retained McCarthy and Redmond, which I find a bit baffling.

8 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

Shaquiri always looks to be on the fringe at Liverpool. Rarely starts. Now I wouldn't mind having him for a season or two. He looked absolute quality in the Euros. No chance of course, but I'll keep dreaming.

and his hair?

cOOSp0.gif

deal dunne 

3 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

That’ll be about right.

I just don’t know what’s happened to SFC’s scouting or SFC in general. Just seems lackadaisical, slow and the reverse of proactive even post Les. When you are on a tight budget you need to be proactive and act quickly when your part of the market is active or where you have gaps. The gaps exist in virtually every age team and the lad has a connection to the area already. Yet money has been squandered on new deals for 22-23 year olds then loaned straight out to League One - why?!

Maybe I’m being harsh and SFC has a plan for recruiting gaps in the first team and age teams but it certainly doesn’t feel like after Crocker’s nice words in the forum. Seems like the same old to me. Needs a new owner to kick it all up the arse.

10 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

I just don’t know what’s happened to SFC’s scouting or SFC in general. Just seems lackadaisical, slow and the reverse of proactive even post Les. When you are on a tight budget you need to be proactive and act quickly when your part of the market is active or where you have gaps. The gaps exist in virtually every age team and the lad has a connection to the area already. Yet money has been squandered on new deals for 22-23 year olds then loaned straight out to League One - why?!

Maybe I’m being harsh and SFC has a plan for recruiting gaps in the first team and age teams but it certainly doesn’t feel like after Crocker’s nice words in the forum. Seems like the same old to me. Needs a new owner to kick it all up the arse.

Absolutely agree. See little point in handing out contracts to the likes of Ramsey and N'lundulu. We know they aren't going to be good enough at Premier League level.

• Like 1

I notice once rumoured Saints target Joey Veerman is linked with Rangers.  Obviously a Ross Wilson favourite.

Interesting to see how he gets on up there if they get him.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/joey-veerman-immediate-rangers-transfer-24549388

cc: @Convict Colony

Edited by SuperSAINT

On 15/07/2021 at 07:16, Saint Billy said:

How can Messi ignore us once again? 

no bad thing, take your pick from the following and insert:

overrated, carried by his teammates for years

salary would disrupt the dressing room

doesn't track back

wouldn't suit our press

no resale value

wouldn't do it on a wet Tuesday night away to Burnley in November

Dixon and Speedie are better

46 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I notice once rumoured Saints target Joey Veerman is linked with Rangers.  Obviously a Ross Wilson favourite.

Interesting to see how he gets on up there if they get him.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/joey-veerman-immediate-rangers-transfer-24549388

cc: @Convict Colony

Think this is a rehash of this what i posted on 7th June.

"Some current and suggested players: Koopmeiners - now being linked with a 18mil bid to Atalanta after they had a 16mil bid turned down. Joey Veerman - linked with a lot of clubs in NL and abroad (inc Rangers/Celtic)"

8 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Klopp saying Minamino can leave but he'd prefer him to stay. Wonder if we'll go back for him again?
Jurgen Klopp finally explains Liverpool's plan for Takumi Minamino after Southampton approach - HampshireLive

I think we might.  No real solid links with any other “wide 10’s” yet. 

3 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Think this is a rehash of this what i posted on 7th June.

"Some current and suggested players: Koopmeiners - now being linked with a 18mil bid to Atalanta after they had a 16mil bid turned down. Joey Veerman - linked with a lot of clubs in NL and abroad (inc Rangers/Celtic)"

You’re ahead of the game, mate. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Absolutely agree. See little point in handing out contracts to the likes of Ramsey and N'lundulu. We know they aren't going to be good enough at Premier League level.

Chelsea do this all the time - there’s big money in selling players to the Championship these days, it’s a good business model if you get it right. N’Lundulu is probably on a pittance compared to our other players, but if he does really well at Lincoln and a Championship team want him, he’s probably worth 4/5mil. 

3 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Perhaps forward thinking for helping us get back up...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

That's an odd one. West Ham wanted £45m when United were sniffing around last year:
West Ham 'ready to sell Issa Diop for £45m transfer fee' and raise funds amid Man Utd interest in defender (thesun.co.uk)

He barely played last season, as Dawson took his place, and we were keen before he went there. They’re also trying to raise money to sign Rice on new contract and sign Lingard, wouldn’t surprise me if he’s being touted about by the dildos 

17 hours ago, Sir Ralph said:

Even if ings goes I still think we need Armstrong plus another decent striker. This would mean we have 3 reasonable attackers with tella and Redmond to fill in. Relying on Adam’s (10 goals a season) and Armstrong (has really played in prem) to fire us to 18th is a risky tactic.

If 18th is our aim we are in deep shit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davefizzy14 said:

I'm still hoping that we are chasing Edouard. He's in the last year of his contract at Celtic, we could get him for £15m.

I think he's on our radar, along with Armstrong.

But it's impossible to see how we can afford either without shifting Ings first.

9 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I think he's on our radar, along with Armstrong.

But it's impossible to see how we can afford either without shifting Ings first.

Why is it impossible to see it? The club has already apparently bid twice for Armstrong with Ings still at the club. Had one of them been accepted we'd have both Armstrong and Ings at the club at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Why is it impossible to see it? The club has already apparently bid twice for Armstrong with Ings still at the club. Had one of them been accepted we'd have both Armstrong and Ings at the club at the same time.

According to nearly all reports Blackburn want approx 20m.

According to all reports Saints have offered approx £10m.

Saints offers were never going to be accepted so its hardly a statement of intent to having Ings and Armstrong at the same time!

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I just don't think we have a pot to piss in to be honest, it feels as if anything we do is fully dictated by what we can bring in or save on the wage bill first.

That's why I think it's a positive that we've lost guys like Hoedt, Gunn and possibly Lemina soon - that should free up some space in the wage department, but for outright transfer fee's I think we're going to need a strategic 'big' sale in order to start moving. If we do it right...then we have a chance to evolve the squad a bit, but if we do it wrong and choose poor players again then we're probably done for.

Just now, Dusic said:

According to nearly all reports Blackburn want approx 20m.

According to all reports Saints have offered approx £10m.

Saints offers were never going to be accepted so its hardly a statement of intent to having Ings and Armstrong at the same time!

Depends how close to the deadline we are at. I don t think it is in Blackburn s interest to lose him for nothing next year, so their valuation might change. Just like our might for Ings

20 hours ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Dude got 2 goals, 3 assists and 14 yellow cards last season and he's valued at 20mil 

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office