What would be a good transfer window for you?

ally_uk

14 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Keep it realistic what players would you sell or bring in?

IN

Armstrong or Edouard 

another fullback to cover left or right

Lookman on loan

Outs 

Ings?

Needed:

Attacking mid regardless, fullback cover regardless, striker if Ings goes.

Wanted:

Gk, first choice CB if Vestergaard goes, third fullback for the summer (4th overall), striker to compete with Adams, 4th CM maybe

New keeper who can keep. McCarthy is terrible and will cost us, big time.

Get rid of Redmond. Ensure we keep JWP. Maybe some extra muscle in the middle to add to Diallo for when Romeu is injured or suspended.

Sell Vestergaard if we need to raise funds. Bring in Armstrong. Or Eduoard. Cross fingers.

Extra cash for Lookman from Ings if it's above £30m and definitely not to Spurs. Because they are arses.

Also, swap out Ollie Lancashire already for Messi.

• Like 2

a good window would be someone comes in and pays over the odds for a couple of our players that we aren't that fussed about, enabling us to strengthen, rather than just replace. Pigs might fly.

• Like 5

As it stands without any more sales and trying to be as realistic as possible...

GK: Forster, McCarthy, Lewis. I think we are stuck with these three unless someone comes in for Fraser. Between the first two they have errors in them but they are both experienced keepers and should be enough to avoid the dreaded drop.

RB: KWP is first choice, but after that we have Valery. It depends on how Ralph sees Valery really. If he stays as our back up right back, then we can concentrate on bringing in a left sided back up full back.

LB: Perraud is on board now, but we have nobody as back up except someone out of position. LB needed, especially (IMO) someone good enough to push Perraud for the first team spot.

CB: Vestergaard, Salisu, Bednarek, Stephens. Ignoring Simeu, who I assume is a longer term prospect, we have 4 CBs on the books. Personally I'd cash in on Vestergaard and bring someone better in but if that person doesn't exist, then keep Jannick. I worry the money we lose on Ings and Vestergaard next summer as opposed to selling them this summer will be crucial in our current financial state but we wait and see. Getting our signings bang on from here on out will be crucial to our continued stay in the Premier League. Do we need a 5th CB? We can definitely improve upon what we have but I don't think we will bring another in (bar Simeu) unless we sell Vestergaard.

CM: Ward-Prowse, Diallo, Romeu, Smallbone. I personally feel we are one light here, so I'd be looking to bring in another CM. I also think someone may eventually come in for JWP but perhaps not this summer, and I certainly don't think we'd sell him anyway unless he pulled a transfer request out of the bag.

AM(R) Armstrong, Elyounoussi (presently), Walcott - Armstrong is first choice, so I'm fairly happy here. (See below *)

AM(L) Redmond, Djenepo, Tella - With Tella a decent prospect, I'm also fairly happy here. *Weirdly though, I say I'm happy with both AM positions but I'd still like another, more creative AM if the budget could stretch that much. Maybe a decent loan? Elyounoussi may not be here by the end of the transfer window either...

STR: Ings, Adams, Obafemi, Long - even if you consider Tella and Walcott as potential strikers, I still think we need to ship out Long and bring in another striker. AND that's before you even consider selling Ings and bringing in a replacement for him. Financially though we probably can't afford two strikers but even one would help.

So for me: 1 x LB, 1 x CM, 1 x AM, 1 x Str. So 2 loans (FB and AM), 2 transfers (Str and CM). Lots more work for Ralph and co to do, though we aren't in terrible shape as it stands, we do need strengthening in the next month.

We really need an explosive or creative AM - for me we have 4 substandard players in Redmond, Theo, Djenepo and Elynoussi.

We can’t afford to let Ings go - we’re not going to find his goals or all round play with what is at our disposal this window. Equally we need to buy another striker to bed in before he inevitably leaves next year.

So a good window:

Sell at least one of those AM and Long (free)

Buy Armstrong and a AM (sell Vest to fund if needs be)

Get two solid 1st team loans in at CB from one of the big clubs (Arse / Chelsea etc) and DM as I think Diallo and Salisu need another year before cementing a place. Also need another loan to cover the full backs. 

if we did that it would be a good window.

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

There's no way Simeu has left being Chelsea's reserve captain to play in our reserves, SNSUN. He's here to push for first team games.

Vestergaard out, Simeu in therefore? 

Our transfer policy would then be buy young talent and work them into the side as the older more established players depart. Ever so slightly scary, but could work if that young talent is the real deal and the transition period is jus right. I guess we have been doing that for some time to  degree with Gunn (failed), Djenepo, Diallo, Salisu, Tella and now Perraud and Simeu. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

There's no way Simeu has left being Chelsea's reserve captain to play in our reserves, SNSUN. He's here to push for first team games.

Well bugger me I was wrong, club announced him as joining the B team programme. 

Signings at centreback still required then. 

2 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Well bugger me I was wrong, club announced him as joining the B team programme. 

Signings at centreback still required then. 

Joined because there's no pathway at Chelsea. Tomori and Guehi couldn't get in. Kurt Zouma can't get in. Apparently they're about to sign Kounde to add further starting depth.

Absolutely pointless being a youth CB at Chelsea.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

An extra striker and a cover fullback are essentials to me.

some competition for Romeu would be nice too.

then either ings renewing contract or him sold and a replacement purchased.

vestergaard new contract or sale.

Exactly this for me given the state of the club and rudderless ownership. Realistically this is absolutely best case. Vesty sold to Roma and replaced with a DCR with a bit more mobility but not as good as passing range. Delaney to add robustness and quality to the CM pool but doubt that will happen.  Ideally Adam Armstrong regardless of Ings situation but unlikely.

Edited by saint1977

We were shocking at the back last season.  Good that we’ve got a left-back, hopefully an improvement on last season.

Salisu has to be a starter in the centre and needs an experienced player alongside him.  Sell Vest and reinvest for his replacement.

If Ings won’t sign a new contract then sell him.  I couldn’t give a monkey’s where he goes, we just need a good price to reinvest in a replacement.  The lad banging them in for Celtic would be decent.

Armstrong from Blackburn has a few goals in him.  Would be good to get him in and offload fringe players like Obademi and Redmond.

• Like 1

I'd still like us to break our normal transfer policy of only signing youngsters (maybe with Walcott we already have proven to be a bit more flexible) and sign an older experienced central defender/sweeper. Someone in the John Terry mould can actually play, who knows the game inside out, will encourage and help out the younsters around him but is prepared to bawl out his tream-mates when it's needed and happy to be a dirty little sh|t when the occasion requires it. That's the type of on pitch prescence we've been lacking for quite a while now.
Unfortunately no idea of anyone available who fits that remit.

I would like a forum notice informing people on here that with agents involved, telling players to hold out to the end of the window in case they get a better offer, we are not high enough up the food chain to get deals done early. It  may stop the usual bedwetters saying what a crap club we are (supposedly our supporters?) and having patience to wait until the window is over before having a swipe at the Club. If the experts on here do not know if Ings is going or not how are the club expected to know. (In my opinion that will go to the wire and all depends whether Kane moves on or not). So far I am happy that some dead wood has been moved on and we are strengthening albeit slowly. Ralph knows what he wants for the season and if the club provides that it will do for me. 

3 hours ago, Wurzel said:

I'd still like us to break our normal transfer policy of only signing youngsters (maybe with Walcott we already have proven to be a bit more flexible) and sign an older experienced central defender/sweeper. Someone in the John Terry mould can actually play, who knows the game inside out, will encourage and help out the younsters around him but is prepared to bawl out his tream-mates when it's needed and happy to be a dirty little sh|t when the occasion requires it. That's the type of on pitch prescence we've been lacking for quite a while now.
Unfortunately no idea of anyone available who fits that remit.

Every man and his dog wants to sign someone like that. Finding someone who's any good is the tricky part and if we do they will cost an absolute fortune and be way out of our price range. Without serious investment we pretty much rely on scouting for the Bednareks, Salisus and Simeus of this world in the hope that they come good.

For me..

Sell

Vestergaard 

Ings

Redmond 

Forster 

Ellounoussi 

Long (free)

Obefemi

Valery (see below)

Buy 

First choice CB

First choice Striker 

First choice Winger type

First choice GK

Squad DCM

Squad LB 

Squad RB (unless Valery has turned a corner)

Who knows on the numbers (or the names more importantly) to do that but that's my list fwiw😆

A good transfer window in a way would be keeping hold of the two or three "star" players we have, of not being a selling club for one season when big clubs are sniffing.  That said it's probably not productive to have players around when their mind may be elsewhere  

Signing at least 1 player that is better than the current starter would be a start. Although I can see us signing a few cheap squad fillers that we can only hope aren’t needed. The new left back isn’t Included in thoughts here as he has filled a whole In the squad. 

A good window in my opinion is one which clears out of the club unsuitable and unproductive players, making space and some wages for new members preferably young eager and adaptable. I see the first part as almost done and the second part as beginning, probably a long process. In short we are on the right track and doing well for a club without the
means of the bigger clubs. Something to be proud of, so stop expecting the stars and COYR.  

Sign up Forster, Vestergaard and Ings on new contracts, loan Williams with option to buy, a CB, and Adam Armstrong.

Sell:

Valery

Stephens

Redmond

Elyounousi

Long

2021/22

Forster

McCarthy

Walker-Peters

New F/B

Vestergaard

Salisu

New CB

Bednarek

Simeu

Perraud

Romeu

Diallo

JWP

Armstrong

Walcott

Djenepo

Tella

Ings

Armstrong

Adams 

Obafemi

• Confused 3

With the squad as it is right now assuming no significant departures, at least a starting GK and a couple of players for depth at RB, LB and CM.

On 28/07/2021 at 12:46, benjii said:

Two lesbians. Sisters, probably.

Twins?

9 minutes ago, Dellman said:

If we are going to break the bank it should be to buy Ings replacement, ready to cover for all his injuries before he goes

The only bank we're going to be breaking is the piggy bank in the secretary's office.