Other Games 21/22

whelk

3 hours ago, eurosaint said:

Newcastle v Watford tomorrow !

Would love to see the Hornets get a result 😆

Massive game.  If Newcastle win it it'll be hard to see them not clawing their way out of it.  Watford win and suddenly there's a 6 point gap, which isn't going to be that quick to bridge for Newcastle.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Burnley sell Woods and guess what game called off….

That's not obvious at all is it!

The PL have screwed the season with this unambiguous rule. Clubs are just taking the piss out of it and will continue to do so until the PL refine it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

That's not obvious at all is it!

The PL have screwed the season with this unambiguous rule. Clubs are just taking the piss out of it and will continue to do so until the PL refine it.

Just heard about this on the radio. Stating that Burnley don't have enough players available....WTF!?

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Fucking hell these AFCON games are shit. Nearly all been 1-0 or 0-0

15 games produced a whopping 18 goals I make it. Highest attendance must be about 800 fans too.

Only reason I watch that tin pot comp is to see what hilarious decisions the ref will make!

4 minutes ago, Roo1976 said:

If Watford loose they should sack the manager cause they will defiantly be in the shit then.

There's no way he survives the next three games. Zero. (I'm hoping they screw Toon before cocking it up against Norwich)

3 hours ago, whelk said:

Fucking hell these AFCON games are shit. Nearly all been 1-0 or 0-0

15 games produced a whopping 18 goals I make it. Highest attendance must be about 800 fans too.

Any European person speaking negatively about the AFCON is clearly a racist 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

Arsenal wanting Sundays game postponed. Only played yesterday. This is such bs and absolute fucking farce

Yep, managed to get a team to play 24 hours ago, now haven’t got enough players, absolute farce 

8 hours ago, DT said:

another TERRIBLE clean sheet

Did you watch the game yesterday?

He was in no mans land on 2-3 occasions missed completely the ball coming out, leaving an open goal and Liverpool completely missing their chances to finish, Minamino one of the culprits.

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Any European person speaking negatively about the AFCON is clearly a racist 

What I meant to say what an outstanding display of defensive ability these African teams show. It is fascinating like watching a game of chess play out. A welcome change from the PL watching these poor teams putting out clearly exhausted players. When will they end this inhumane treadmill these poor PL players are on. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Did you watch the game yesterday?

He was in no mans land on 2-3 occasions missed completely the ball coming out, leaving an open goal and Liverpool completely missing their chances to finish, Minamino one of the culprits.

He's been excellent for Arsenal and they got another clean sheet. All that matters

39 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yep, managed to get a team to play 24 hours ago, now haven’t got enough players, absolute farce 

And loaned one out. Embarrassing for whoever at the PL created this shitshow 

Edited by whelk

1 hour ago, whelk said:

What I meant to say what an outstanding display of defensive ability these African teams show. It is fascinating like watching a game of chess play out. A welcome change from the PL watching these poor teams putting out clearly exhausted players. When will they end this inhumane treadmill these poor PL players are on. 

That’s more like it. 

• Haha 1

The Brighton game livened up in the 1st half (Towards the end).

Brighton had a pen awarded by VAR and then subsequently went on to miss it.

Two mins later Brighton bundled the ball into the net and celebrated a goal from a corner, but that was then ruled out by VAR as Maupay 'brushed' it out of Butlands hands. He had two hands on it to be fair.

Brighton being brighton, better chances but cannot put the ball away.

Huge game at the bottom today which, I think, will define how the table looks at the end of the season and probably next season as well. 

If Newcastle fail to beat Watford, I can see that putting a real dent in their ability to attract any real statement signings this window. If they do, they‘ll be level on points with Watford (17th) and imo almost certain to stay up. 

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

Huge game at the bottom today which, I think, will define how the table looks at the end of the season and probably next season as well. 

If Newcastle fail to beat Watford, I can see that putting a real dent in their ability to attract any real statement signings this window. If they do, they‘ll be level on points with Watford (17th) and imo almost certain to stay up. 

And if Watford lose, that's probably game over for Ranieri as well and Watford will once again be looking for a new manager. Rubbish way to run a club that.

6 minutes ago, whelk said:

Sky Sports pundits touting Potter to Man Utd

Potter is a ‘hipster’ name at the moment. He’s a good manager and will go on to achieve big things, imo, but he’s not there yet. Needs to step up and prove himself at a Bigger club than Brighton (Everton, Newcastle, Leicester etc.) but not at the elite level, such as United. 

To be honest, i think Poch or Ten Hag are nailed on to be the only candidates for United. Otherwise, why wouldn’t they have tried to attract Potter when they booted off Ole? 

Sounds like Arsenal v Spurs is off. 1 or 2 covid cases. One red and loan 2 players out and then claim not enough players. Fucking embarrassing and expect their TV paymasters not happy with PL losing prime time North London derby for such bs.

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Sounds like Arsenal v Spurs is off. 1 or 2 covid cases. One red and loan 2 players out and then claim not enough players. Fucking embarrassing and expect their TV paymasters not happy with PL losing prime time North London derby for such bs.

If it is off then it's incredibly weak by the PL. Arsenal put a team out on Thursday night, they also decided to loan out Maitland-Niles. They also loaned out Guendouzi, Torreria etc in the summer. Their squad depth is on them, not the PL.

Show some balls PL and play it, otherwise get Arsneal to forfeit and give spurs a 3-0 win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

If it is off then it's incredibly weak by the PL. Arsenal put a team out on Thursday night, they also decided to loan out Maitland-Niles. They also loaned out Guendouzi, Torreria etc in the summer. Their squad depth is on them, not the PL.

Show some balls PL and play it, otherwise get Arsneal to forfeit and give spurs a 3-0 win.

has there even been chatter about our game with Newcastle?

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Apparently one covid case. PL are laughing stock

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

has there even been chatter about our game with Newcastle?

Only between fans I think! Not in the media, no Garry Neville coverage etc.

The whole situation is a farce, clubs are playing the game. Everyone can see it. If they play it well enough they can get their players back from the AFCON before they play another game.

2 hours ago, Dman said:

Potter is a ‘hipster’ name at the moment. He’s a good manager and will go on to achieve big things, imo, but he’s not there yet. Needs to step up and prove himself at a Bigger club than Brighton (Everton, Newcastle, Leicester etc.) but not at the elite level, such as United. 

To be honest, i think Poch or Ten Hag are nailed on to be the only candidates for United. Otherwise, why wouldn’t they have tried to attract Potter when they booted off Ole? 

I agree, although in some people's eyes Potter is an absolute 'wizard'......and with that beard he should be called.....wait for it......Hairy Potter. 🤣

It's alright....I'm getting my coat.

• Haha 1

It's off, confirmed by the PL. Disgraceful.

"Following a request from Arsenal, the Premier League board met today and regrettably agreed to postpone the club's away fixture against Tottenham."

With Arsenal having fewer than the required number of players available for the match (13 outfield players and one goalkeeper), the board accepted the club's application.

"The decision is a result of a combination of COVID-19, existing and recent injuries and players on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations. All clubs are able to apply for a postponement if COVID-19 infections are a factor in their request."

So, going by that wording, if you have one COVID case which 'tips' you over the edge, because you've decided to sign a lot of African players who are away at AFCON...you can actually get a postponement. Give me a break.

Edited by S-Clarke

injuries, suspensions, and even AFCON are just normal events that impact squads, and with which clubs have to cope every season. There is no way that with  a 25 player first team squad, plus the U23s, ANY EPL team would fail to muster 13+1, even allowing for CoViD.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 3