Other Games 21/22

whelk

And that is why no one gave a shit when Vestergaard was sold. Awful defender, his every day job and he's horrific at it.

Shocking from Tiliemanns as well, such a sloppy give away from kick off. But to have your CB's split by one ball with Vestergaard running the other way is just ludicrous. They need a bit of a defensive rebuild in the summer in my eyes.

1 minute ago, HarvSFC said:

Brentford's early season momentum has completely gone. Toney hasn't stepped up either, only two non-penalty goals. Ronaldo throwing a tantrum and sitting on the naughty step after being subbed off.

They haven't played too bad tonight really, and Toney does have one now to be fair...! They just didn't take their earlier chances.

6 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Brentford's early season momentum has completely gone. Toney hasn't stepped up either, only two non-penalty goals. Ronaldo throwing a tantrum and sitting on the naughty step after being subbed off.

Theres usually one of the promoted teams who start the season very well but as the season progresses they begin to get found out or their thin squad begins to get exposed. Apart from beating Villa over xmas they're on a pretty poor run. Could get dragged back into trouble if they're not careful. Hull quite a few seasons ago springs to mind

6 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

I'd be fuming with John Moss if that was us. Ok, Leicester were stupid but he should have blown after Spurs equaliser or as soon as Leicester kicked off.

Why? It’s a minimum of 5 minutes. That it what people forget. 

17 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Theres usually one of the promoted teams who start the season very well but as the season progresses they begin to get found out or their thin squad begins to get exposed. Apart from beating Villa over xmas they're on a pretty poor run. Could get dragged back into trouble if they're not careful. Hull quite a few seasons ago springs to mind

Brentford (2.73) 1-3 (1.98) Man Utd
xG in brackets 

10 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

That Fox thread is brilliant. But they were moaning so much, I couldn't work out what the score was. Turns out I'm still on 1-1.......

so I'm going back for a glorious ending! 

I like the post that just said tits about 6 times

• Haha 1

One of the posts from the second page is good...

"Vestergaard and Bertrand, in their departure messages to Southampton, were quoted as saying 'if you can't beat them, join them. Enjoy the relegation battle suckers!'"

... As we sit one point behind them...

27 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

One of the posts from the second page is good...

"Vestergaard and Bertrand, in their departure messages to Southampton, were quoted as saying 'if you can't beat them, join them. Enjoy the relegation battle suckers!'"

... As we sit one point behind them...

Just read last nights thread on vesty on foxes forum .. 😂😂😂wota read ! If you want cheering up on this cold morning go read pages 56-61 on vesty thread ! 

• Haha 2

Norwich should be awarded this game 1-0. This isn’t 1978, in 2022 in the PL not having working floodlights has to lead to a forfeit. Mind you, looks to be enough light to play, but Mike Dean can hog all of the attention as he loves to do.

Edited by saint1977

To be fair Mike Dean has handled the game pretty well upto now. Could've blown for a possible foul just before the first goal, but let play go on.  Handled the light issue well,  gave them a chance to fix it, but got the game back on.  He'll be happy as Larry now, just sent someone off...!

Is anyone really surprised by Watford? How can you create any sort of football club when they change their manager 2 or 3 times a year? I don't know what their owners expect really, they don't give anyone the chance to build anything. Must be a very empty experience following that club.

It's a good example of how a football club would look if the fans took charge of it and knee-jerked at everything.

Watford looked to have given up after the first goal. Even then, Norwich gave them a hand late on when Gunn had a mix up with a defender and Watford had one disallowed.

I like Norwich, and it would be lovely to see Alex Crook have to make grovelling apology after his comments about them, should they stay up. I think teams around them have games in hand, so getting out of the bottom 3 might be short lived.

Watched this game. Two crap teams in my opinion. Can one of our resident experts tell me - has the rule on throw-ins changed? I have watched a few games lately, including Saints last weekend, and I have seen throws taken with feet inside the touch line, I have seen at least one where the ball was thrown from in front of the head, and several with one foot lifted off the ground, and never once has there been any foul throw called, or even any comment from the commentators. A stupid little offence, perhaps, but they are quick to decide offsides on a millimetre or a penalty on the brush of a hand...

40 minutes ago, Saints foreva said:

Only 8 points separates us, not a lot really.... 

9 with GD, over half their point total. Norwich wins over shocking Watford and Everton teams has not changed my mind that they're still utter shit. Still think its them, Watford and one other.....hopefully Newcastle

2 hours ago, waylander said:

How the f##k did we lose to Norwich??

Alex McCarthy. Simple as.

Neither team looked great tonight in ‘El Crappico’ but that’s a shocking result for Watford. Don’t see what good sacking Ranieri will do, they’re set up to be a yo-yo club and always will be under this owner.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

9 with GD, over half their point total. Norwich wins over shocking Watford and Everton teams has not changed my mind that they're still utter shit. Still think its them, Watford and one other.....hopefully Newcastle

I think Burnley are looking doomed, losing Chris Wood and a lot of fixtures to rearrange,  Watford will probably sack Ranieri soon , Norwich have definitely given themselves a chance with recent results, we've only won one more game than them this season