Jamie Shackleton - injured
Tyler Roberts - injured
Joe Gelhardt - injured
Patrick Bamford - injured
Junior Firpo - injured
Sam Greenwood - injured
Diego Llorente - suspended
Adam Fawshaw - injured

Two of those were added to the list in game. Fair play to Leeds for not inventing up a COVID positive test to get that one called off.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatch said:

Rafa sacked 

Everton fans deludeness starting already I see.

''Just go and get potter and their DoF''

''Moyes would come back. West Ham's squad is poor, IMO''

''Jose Mourinho''

'Valverde'

Why do they think they're attractive to any of those? Rooney is probably their best shout.

45 minutes ago, JRM said:

Isn't it a designated international break, not a winter break. 

I know South America countries are playing catching up with fixtures,  European countries not playing, not sure about Asia. Some clubs already have players at African nations and will have Brazil / Argentina players so I doubt any Premier league games will be played. 

Yes, the international break is from 24-Jan until 2-Feb.

However, FIFA have confirmed that, as long as clubs release called-up players, they will not stop the Premier League arranging games during this period. 

10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

''Jose Mourinho''

'Valverde'

Why do they think they're attractive to any of those? Rooney is probably their best shout.

You never know, nobody thought they could land Ancelotti.

17 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

''Jose Mourinho''

'Valverde'

Throw enough money at a manager and you can get a pretty good one...

Liverpool candidate Carlo Ancelotti 'would prefer club in Champions League'  - EurosportCarlo Ancelotti seduces Everton with his charm | Sport | The Times

Edited by Matthew Le God

21 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

''Jose Mourinho''

'Valverde'

They did get an elite manager in the very recent past - Ancelotti.  Who knows.

Lampard is my bet

20 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Yes, the international break is from 24-Jan until 2-Feb.

However, FIFA have confirmed that, as long as clubs release called-up players, they will not stop the Premier League arranging games during this period. 

Thanks I didn't realise that, also coincides with end of the transfer window. Should absolutely try to make Newcastle play that weekend but bet there will be no prem games. Burnley must be desperate to get some games on to make up the backlog although they are out of fa cup so could be some scope to play on cup round dates. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hatch said:

Rafa sacked 

Surely goes down as one of the strangest managerial appointments in recent times.

Everyone, bar the Everton owners it seems, could see it wouldn't work.

Tragic turn of events for their wonderful fans. I mean it: glass ceilings, dugouts and stuff. Thinking of arranging a vigil.

Edited by Suhari

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

''Jose Mourinho''

'Valverde'

Their last two managers were champions league winners with massive CV's, that's probably why they think they'll get another manager like that. You'd have to be an idiot to take that job now though.

Would not be surprised to see DCL and/or Richarlison gone in the summer and replaced by someone dramatically inferior. Don't have a pot to piss in (due to FFP, I'm sure they are still wealthy).

Edited by TWar
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TWar said:

Their last two managers were champions league winners with massive CV's, that's probably why they think they'll get another manager like that. You'd have to be an idiot to take that job now though.

Would not be surprised to see DCL and/or Richarlison gone in the summer and replaced by someone dramatically inferior. Don't have a pot to piss in (due to FFP, I'm sure they are still wealthy).

If managers of that calibre can’t do anything for them then maybe they are beyond help.

• Like 2

Everton need a rebuild. They need a ‘young’ manager/coach who they can build around and give 3/4+ Seasons to get them where they want to be. Ancelotti, Benitez where never going to do that. 

I don’t know who the decision maker, on the football side, is at that club, but they’ve been a bit of a joke in that respect since the day Moshri joined. 

Ashworth and Potter, would be a very astute appointment and I’ve no doubt they have the money (and willingness to spend said money) to pull it off, but would either of them want to join in their current form is a different question. 

They are a very real life example of money to spend doesn’t equate to success if you have no plan. 

Reports are suggesting Martinez, which again feels another scatter gun approach. 

15 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

If managers of that calibre can’t do anything for them then maybe they are beyond help.

This has been my opinion since the summer yeah, they have some of the worst transfers I've ever seen, blowing the money they did on Iwobi, Klassen, Mina, Siggurdson, Schneiderlin, Delph and many many others in the last 5 years is criminal.

I still think given the means Rafa did a pretty good job of improving some bang average players in Gray and Townsend to look serviceable, but with fans against him from day 1 and losing the dressing room pretty early there isn't much he could do. I think Everton need a complete remodel from the ground up.

1 minute ago, Dman said:

Everton need a rebuild. They need a ‘young’ manager/coach who they can build around and give 3/4+ Seasons to get them where they want to be. Ancelotti, Benitez where never going to do that. 

I don’t know who the decision maker, on the football side, is at that club, but they’ve been a bit of a joke in that respect since the day Moshri joined. 

Ashworth and Potter, would be a very astute appointment and I’ve no doubt they have the money (and willingness to spend said money) to pull it off, but would either of them want to join in their current form is a different question. 

They are a very real life example of money to spend doesn’t equate to success if you have no plan. 

Reports are suggesting Martinez, which again feels another scatter gun approach. 

I don't think a young coach is a good idea. Young players by all means, but personally l prefer a safe proven manager for a rebuild as if you spend money on a rebuild and get it wrong that is a pretty dire situation as a second rebuild is often beyond a teams grasp.

Don't at all rate Martinez at all, agreed. Potter would be a dream signing for them but he would be a nutter to go to them when he has a much better set up at Brighton and wouldn't even be able to have a budget at Everton.

53 minutes ago, Dman said:

It was Marcel Brands for a few years, but he left earlier in the season. Many fans felt he had too much influence and didn't work well with the manager, but if anything they've got worse since he left.

1 minute ago, LiberalCommunist said:

They can't say no to Burnley now. The president has been set. The manipulation has been allowed. 

They have lost control of the situation. No integrity. 

That's the worry, they've totally lost control now. The season has become an utter farce. 

Martinez would be a bizarre appointment. He was sacked previously after 11th and 12th placed finishes, Koeman took over and finished 7th, Allardyce led them to 8th, Silva 8th and then they declined under Ancelotti and Benitez. So, what's Martinez going to do that's different to now.

I don't think he's a great manager either, he's been in charge of the best Belgium team ever at their prime for six years now and has nothing to show for it. He's also another one that isn't particularly liked by Everton fans, judging by his Wiki: "On 12 May 2016, Martínez was sacked by the club, who were 12th with one game remaining. He had guided them to the semi-finals of both domestic cups that season, but fans had protested against his management and demanded his removal."

I guess he did get relegated with Wigan, so with all this in mind, please make it happen Everton and continue to get it so wrong off the pitch.

20 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

I guess he did get relegated with Wigan, so with all this in mind, please make it happen Everton and continue to get it so wrong off the pitch.

And won the FA Cup.  With Wigan. 

If Ralph got won the FA Cup and relegated us, he would be a legend.

1 minute ago, Dark Munster said:

Not if we then went into administration and sunk to the pitiful level of the blue phew for decades.

That's not exactly Martinez's fault. They were shafted by the EFL's FPPT.

Edited by S-Clarke

3 hours ago, LiberalCommunist said:

They can't say no to Burnley now. The president has been set. The manipulation has been allowed. 

They have lost control of the situation. No integrity. 

They’re could say no if they had less Covid cases than Arsenal. That would mean they have no Covid cases at all! So unfair on rest of teams as some team may have to now face Burnley with the mighty Benteke. 

Betis are playing tonight, currently 3rd in the table... and a certain Juanmi has just scored his 12th goal in the league. 

Boufal has just scored a penalty for his nation against Gabon, who as it stands are topping the table.

Salisu's country Ghana, currently rock bottom and losing to Comoros! 

Chelsea 1-0 up too, decent goal but Sanchez was beaten at his near post from a long shot, will feel he should have done better.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, DT said:

Brighton excellent again. Very good set up. Brilliant manager. Amazing we were all over them at our place and deserved to win

They were excellent. Very impressive, I thought, but what a horrible bastard that Marcus Alonso is!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

I see the Man United manager has realised 4-2-2-2 is rubbish in a proper league and has completely abandoned it moving forwards.

Agreed. Far too attacking, far too easy to play through the press when teams tire in the second half. 

Any relative success it did have, has now been sussed out.