Other Games 21/22

whelk

8 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Alex McCarthy. Simple as.

Neither team looked great tonight in ‘El Crappico’ but that’s a shocking result for Watford. Don’t see what good sacking Ranieri will do, they’re set up to be a yo-yo club and always will be under this owner.

Watford looked far more likely in the first half. But didn't really create much. There was a João Pedro shot, when King was in the middle in a far better position. The two had a bit of shouting between them, and that was that for them.

One Norwich goal was a super finish by Sargent when the pass was behind him, the second Watford were in a slump for and the third was an own goal.

Neither team looked that good.

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Interesting to see both Ings and Targett on the bench for Villa. Not sure that move has gone quite as Ings expected. 

No, Ings hasn't cemented a starting place yet but I'm sure he didn't move just for the money 😉

As for Targett, he's rightly lost his place to Digne and will need to move on (and probably drop down a division) if he wants regular game time now. 

Everton still look very poor. Surprised Gordon has been left out cos he's been in good form recently and spared their blushes at times. 

It's all getting a bit niggly now. Can see someone getting a red card in this one. 

2 minutes ago, TWar said:

Draw would be good. Would quite like to see leeds go down too tbh.

Leeds and Newcastle are not both going to go down this season, that's a pointless hope.

Leeds to win convincingly please. Newcastle getting zero points is what we should want a) as Saints fans and b) as people who f**king hate Newcastle now

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Leeds and Newcastle are not both going to go down this season, that's a pointless hope.

Leeds to win convincingly please. Newcastle getting zero points is what we should want a) as Saints fans and b) as people who f**king hate Newcastle now

I could see Leeds, Newcastle, Watford/Norwich going. Burnley are low on points but they have 3 games in hand on Leeds and 5 in hand on the team in 17th. If they get a couple of good results in that they are very competitive. One of Watford or Norwich could scrape something together too with a bit of luck, they are not that far from Leeds. Leeds might completely implode if these injuries continue to mount up.

Edited by TWar

14 minutes ago, TWar said:

I could see Leeds, Newcastle, Watford going. Burnley are low on points but they have 3 games in hand on Leeds and 5 in hand on the team in 17th. If they get a couple of good results in that they are very competitive. Norwich could scrape something together too. Leeds might completely implode if these injuries continue to mount up.

Feels fanciful to me, and based almost entirely on the fact that Norwich just so happened to win yesterday.

If Leeds win then that goes a long way to helping their relegation fears and further fucks over Newcastle. 

A draw makes it more likely that they both stay up (because Leeds aren't going down) than it makes it likely that they both go down.

Newcastle to lose every time.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Deserved lead for Villa. 

I thought Everton would be fine cos of how poor the bottom 4 teams are but now I'm not so sure. Can't see them getting back into this game. 

They’ve done this before, they are not a great side but they do have some very good players. I’m sure they’ll string a few crucial wins at some point.

47 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Absolutely. Anyone who doesn’t want Newcastle to lose is an enemy of football

• Like 8

the "narrative" well and truly written for the weekend, barring something remarkable in another game.

The wonderful 'Stevie G', (with our 'Phillip C') wins at his old local rival's manor. Such a wonderful manager, I am sure the football journo's will proclaim

Edited by AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

the "narrative" well and truly written for the weekend, barring something remarkable in another game.

The wonderful 'Stevie G', with our 'Phillip C', wins and his old local rival's manor. Such a wonderful manager, I am sure the football journo's will proclaim

They love a drool. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Interesting to see both Ings and Targett on the bench for Villa. Not sure that move has gone quite as Ings expected. 

Not too sure that Ings will be that bothered, the move was about one thing and one thing only, which is his perogative of course.  Feel a bit for Matt Target,  he had a good season last year, but now this himself frozen out.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Remember when Everton were going to smash through the glass ceiling with big Ronald K and his mega bucks transfer ‘warchest’ ?

LOL!! 🤣🤣🤣

What's the criteria for earning the fabled name of 'Big'? Koeman is 5' 11" so I'd have thought 'average' would be more suitable.

17 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Pompey losing to Sunderland in their big game.

I hadn’t realised as well that their £2m ‘Marquis’ signing joined Lincoln last week and has equalised for them at Plymouth. 

Edited by saint1977
Spelling

14 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Newcastle score. 🤬 come on Leeds (never ever thought I’d say that)

Unfortunately the reality is they will buy themselves out of trouble and remain in the league.  Much as I really want them to be relegated, it's just not going to happen because the bottom clubs are really poor this year. 

9 minutes ago, Micky said:

Unfortunately the reality is they will buy themselves out of trouble and remain in the league.  Much as I really want them to be relegated, it's just not going to happen because the bottom clubs are really poor this year. 

I fear you are correct.

2 hours ago, cloggy saint said:

Whatever people's feelings towards Newcastle, for the good of our position I'd rather they got the points today than Leeds.

I trust us to sort out our position at the end (not that you don't), and would be happy if Newcastle didn't pick up another point for the rest of the season.

• Like 2