Saints 2-2 Burnley - Match Thread

Lighthouse

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

Hmm. I’m not sure I’d have Theo in but I guess Ralph has a plan and saw the Armstrongs, Adams and Djenepo in training.

coys

He has gone against my specific instructions, (see above) ,be it on his head if it doesn’t work. I may well withdraw from providing my advice to him via this forum. He needs to seriously think about the implications!

10 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Hmm. I’m not sure I’d have Theo in but I guess Ralph has a plan and saw the Armstrongs, Adams and Djenepo in training.

coys

Walcott has to justify his £75k a week somehow so I guess today is the day.

Or perhaps Ralph has one eye on the Chelsea game so thinks it is better squad management to save Djenepo for that and let Walcott play the "perceived"/on-paper easier game.

Or perhaps Ralph is protecting Djenepo from the physical shithousery that is to come this afternoon. 

Strange having Walcott in for this. I'd have thought we'd see more of the ball, with Burnley sitting back - hence need someone with a few tricks like Moussa to help unlock things.

Ralphy see's them in training every day I guess, so in him we trust.

And idea what he's wearing today?

6 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Walcott has to justify his £75k a week somehow so I guess today is the day.

Or perhaps Ralph has one eye on the Chelsea game so thinks it is better squad management to save Djenepo for that and let Walcott play the "perceived"/on-paper easier game.

Or perhaps Ralph is protecting Djenepo from the physical shithousery that is to come this afternoon. 

It’s a strange one - Djenepo earnt his place for the excellent defence splitting ball through to Redmond, but I think you’ve got it spot on.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs Burnley - Match Thread
14 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

He has gone against my specific instructions, (see above) ,be it on his head if it doesn’t work. I may well withdraw from providing my advice to him via this forum. He needs to seriously think about the implications!

Well the implications for him are worse than those for me. 

We lose = my team loses, I’m used to it, been a fan since 1980. Win some lose some.

We lose = loss goes on his record and affects his job stability and future prospects.

All I said was that I wouldn’t have picked Theo, it’s a forum, to discuss opinions. Ralph knows better than me. 

Poor defending from Livramento, keeping him onside and giving him an unchallenged header there after Bednarek rightly moved to Wood.

Suppose we came back from 2-0 down last season, but then Ings and Armstrong got goals from nothing. Going to be a long slog now, unfortunately.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-2 Burnley - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic