Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

hahahah yeah went on there as well and chuckled.

I have decided to convince myself Gakpo is on the 9.30am flight from Amsterdam which returns to Amsterdam at 16:00 from southampton.

Its 1hr 15mins from Eindhoven to the amsterdam airport and if Gakpo flew out of his home airport it would be all over the internet, in AMS its Ajax land they will care less.

The amsterdam private jet is from a top notch company and the other one from eindhoven is less nice, also the flight to leeds does not return today ours does with enough time to do a walk around staplewood, meet ralph and do a medical and photos.

Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 06.09.25.png

On strings 👌🏻😂

• Haha 1

This doesn't bode well...

Flew out from Doncaster last night. Looks Leeds bound.

https://www.flightradar24.com/TIE60AM/2d4b1c34

EDIT: May be hope yet...

https://twitter.com/AndrewHaigh/status/1565221873474052097?s=20&t=aFOcCDQ3pEnp19UnvSNRNg

“Reliable reports are coming in from Eindhoven Airport that Gakpo did not board the plane to Leeds this morning. Leeds United's TD Victor Orta flies back to England alone....” #lufc

Edited by saintscottofthenortham
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well it seems like we've done everything possible to get him. None of us would've expected a £34m signing this window. I'm guessing we'll know by midday one way or another, so we can move onto other targets if it doesn't work out. Something still tells me that Broja could happen late on, especially if we don't get Gakpo. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

Vanuit Eindhoven Airport komen betrouwbare berichten door dat Gakpo vanmorgen niet in het vliegtuig naar Leeds is gestapt. TD Victor Orta van Leeds United vliegt alleen terug naar Engeland

Reliable reports are coming in from Eindhoven Airport that Gakpo did not board the plane to Leeds this morning. TD Victor Orta of Leeds United flies back to England alone

1 minute ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

That's the main reason Leeds fans have been so convinced he's joining them. Its been all over twitter since yesterday. 

I think I'd be more excited about our chances if there was a flight from Eindhoven to Southampton this morning! 

• Like 1

Not wishing to dampen the excitement BUT :

Gakpo essentially plays in the left wing / wide attacker position that both AA and Mara currently play - and who both have shown some real promise ( and scored ) from. Don’t get me wrong - I’d be delighted if Gakpo signs - but if I was AA or Mara I’d be thinking “ that’s my position”, am I going to be benched? 
What we do not have cover for is if Che gets injured. Im surprised there’s nothing solid on a Che back up or alternate because IF he is injured we will need change the way the other ten guys in team are getting used to playing. That’s not good planning. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Not wishing to dampen the excitement BUT :

Gakpo essentially plays in the left wing / wide attacker position that both AA and Mara currently play - and who both have shown some real promise ( and scored ) from. Don’t get me wrong - I’d be delighted if Gakpo signs - but if I was AA or Mara I’d be thinking “ that’s my position”, am I going to be benched? 
What we do not have cover for is if Che gets injured. Im surprised there’s nothing solid on a Che back up or alternate because IF he is injured we will need change the way the other ten guys in team are getting used to playing. That’s not good planning. 

Maybe we see new Thierry Henry…

Players like Belotti ( now at Roma) or Icardi ( apparently available) fit the bill as does Fulham’s Mitrovic. If there’s no one then somebody give Graziano, James Beattie or Rickie a call 😄. Push comes to shove would take Kane also. 😂
They don’t need to be super quick but they do need to be able to hold the ball and bring others into play. So probably physically strong is a good attribute and not short. 

Edited by gio1saints

Just now, gio1saints said:

Players like Belotti ( now at Roma) or Icardi ( apparently available) fit the bill as does Fulham’s Mitrovic. If there’s no one then somebody give Graziano, James Beattie or Rickie a call 😄
They don’t need to be super quick but they do need to be able to hold the ball and bring others into play. So probably physically strong is a good attribute and not short. 

Icardi? Be serious 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Players like Belotti ( now at Roma) or Icardi ( apparently available) fit the bill as does Fulham’s Mitrovic. If there’s no one then somebody give Graziano, James Beattie or Rickie a call 😄

Icardi or Mitrovic 😂

1 minute ago, Pamplemousse said:

That Rik guy on Twitter has said Gakpo is staying at PSV

Don't they need the money though?

Who knows. It was also said that Leeds needed to sell to buy, but they haven't. There's a load of bollox in the media.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WALK DMC said:

Cheeky bid for Traore ?   He is 26 years old so a little older than our usual targets, but Wolves want to get rid for around £20. He blows hot and cold, but still an exciting player. Could be an alternative to Gakpo.

No thanks, one trick pony and his end product is woeful

17 minutes ago, LGTL said:

This screams of another ‘we did all we could’

I can't see the club being blamed for (if) this one falling through, PSV hold all the cards here. Maybe they've got the incoming required £s by selling Sangare?

Who can blame them for wanting to keep hold of this fella for as long as...

• Like 1

Just now, alehouseboys said:

I can't see the club being blamed for (if) this one falling through, PSV hold all the cards here. Maybe they've got the incoming required £s by selling Sangare?

Who can blame them for wanting to keep hold of this fella for as long as...

I don't think we can blame the club but we do need to get in someone who can improve our attack. If they don't get anyone in then we can blame them. Tick tock. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I don't think we can blame the club but we do need to get in someone who can improve our attack. If they don't get anyone in then we can blame them. Tick tock. 

That’s the thing isn’t it. He isn’t the only solution to our attacking options, but if taking this so deep means we don’t have time to organise / finalise something else then that’s a problem

2 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

If he doesn’t sign, then there was no way we were actually interested in signing him.  All media speculation and the club knew all along that nothing about this deal was true, or they would have told us. 

Blackmore’s Twitter post does kind of suggest otherwise.