Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

15 minutes ago, Sfcphilc said:

I have a sinking feeling which is normal for the average Saints fan, about this transfer. I can't help but think we won't get him. I hope I'm just being pessimistic. That being said the club haven't let us down this window as of yet! 

Agreed. It seems the story broke too soon (possibly leaked by PSV to crank up the bidding ?).

Shame if it doesn’t come off, but if it doesn’t hope we have time to get Plan B in place in time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

3 days ago RH said he was confident of signing a new striker. Perhaps it depends on his definition of a 'striker'.

Or on who had relayed the news to him (without the expectation of last minute bids from elsewhere)

21 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Was about to post something similar.

Interesting if we complete our official best ever transfer window without actually buying anyone in the position most of us expected to fill as a priority.

Is Mara not a striker then? 

11 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

I hope we get him. But I can't believe saints will pay £34m for a player.

The £34m figure is what PSV have bandied about as what they want. Whether we have gone from £21.4 to £34m I'm not so sure. PSV will paint the best picture possible to appease their fans. I'd of thought we'd increase to £25m max, plus maybe some add ons. Who knows these days.

Just now, MAY-Z said:

Seems Leeds more likely now

i wonder what would’ve happened if we had made our final bigger offer sooner

They've played it to the wire... bidding big early in an auction makes no difference if someone comes in late with a better bid. 

3 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

Check out the history of Gakpo's Wikipedia page. Some fucker has just waded in there and changed his current club to Southampton. It's a bloodbath.

Regardless, I reckon this one is going our way. £34m. Never thought we'd see such a thing.

Now back to him playing for PSV. Wouldn't trust Wiki on anything related to a transfer until both clubs involved have confirmed a deal.

There is a lot of nonsense floating around about this one now.

''Agreed a fee with PSV''  ''But PSV are still deciding'' 

''PSV now want 40 million euro''

''Leeds in the race''

Sadly this is what happens at the end of a transfer window, most of this is agent and media made up bollocks. The only people who genuinely know what's going on are Coady, Martin and Sven at PSV. The media are just fed lines from from sources to appease certain audiences or to fit certain agendas. We'll know by this time tomorrow anyway.

At least it's not going to be a Skacel Saga.

Edited by S-Clarke

Private jet scheduled into Southampton from Amsterdam at 09:27. Maybe sneaking Gakpo into the country via a different departure airport than Eindhoven to put the media and/or fans off the scent?

#bonkerstheorybutitsgettinglateandclutchingatstraws

:)

Screenshot_20220901-002038-871.png

Edited by trousers

3 hours ago, verlaine1979 said:

Gakpo played all over the front line for PSV tonight. He's tall and good in the air and seems comfortable enough playing down the middle (on admittedly little evidence and against a very poor team).

Most dutch fans agree he isn’t a No.9, they’ve tried him there and it didn’t work

He is a left winger 

This is our major forward signing, we won’t sign him and a striker

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

https://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=43773

Good to see its all fans that do the 'plane watch' 😁

hahahah yeah went on there as well and chuckled.

I have decided to convince myself Gakpo is on the 9.30am flight from Amsterdam which returns to Amsterdam at 16:00 from southampton.

Its 1hr 15mins from Eindhoven to the amsterdam airport and if Gakpo flew out of his home airport it would be all over the internet, in AMS its Ajax land they will care less.

The amsterdam private jet is from a top notch company and the other one from eindhoven is less nice, also the flight to leeds does not return today ours does with enough time to do a walk around staplewood, meet ralph and do a medical and photos.

Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 06.09.25.png

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Haha 1