Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

3 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

I'm heartened by the words in his tweet.

Making a decision that will benefit my career.

That rules out Chelsea and Everton. Leeds and us neck and neck right now.

That hat-trick has muddied the water. 

Hes not going to Leeds, not unless they sell Harrison or James

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

I'm heartened by the words in his tweet.

Making a decision that will benefit my career.

That rules out Chelsea and Everton. Leeds and us neck and neck right now.

That hat-trick has muddied the water. 

What tweet?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Am I the only person who would take Dawson on loan for the season as fourth choice in order to get some money in for Bednarek?

Would be good but he surely wouldn’t leave 4th choice there to be 4th choice here 

If Spurs are really in for Dan James then Leeds might be in for Gakpo as replacement. If so they’ll beat us on money using the proceeds from the DJ deal. We still haven’t sold anyone…

Next 24 hours is going to be a rollercoaster with deals triggering other deals all over the place!! 

Just now, SuperSAINT said:

Apparently wants to move to the midlands for family reasons.

Well that's that out then. Bednarek to west ham, Dawson to villa sounds like the logical outcome. 

With Bednarek and Stephens both going though there MUST be someone else coming in at CB.

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Am I the only person who would take Dawson on loan for the season as fourth choice in order to get some money in for Bednarek?

Not if we've already got Bade lined up. Dawson's lack of pace would not not work well with the system either

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Well that's that out then. Bednarek to west ham, Dawson to villa sounds like the logical outcome. 

With Bednarek and Stephens both going though there MUST be someone else coming in at CB.

Must be leaves us with just Lyanco who Ralph seems to prefer as a striker these days and Valery who is shit

1 minute ago, samcrocker said:

If Spurs are really in for Dan James then Leeds might be in for Gakpo as replacement. If so they’ll beat us on money using the proceeds from the DJ deal. We still haven’t sold anyone…

Next 24 hours is going to be a rollercoaster with deals triggering other deals all over the place!! 

Think it’s more whether PSV sell than anything else. Strange old situation because it doesn’t feel like Gakpo is really pushing for a move so PSV should have just told us to jog on if they don’t want to sell. 

Just now, Saint_clark said:

How pacy is this Bade bloke then? Isn't he pretty tall?

You know he’s Bade he’s bade he’s really really bade

He’s bade he’s bade

ill tell you once again he’s bade

The song writes itself  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

They just said Wolves on TalkSPORT 

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

Didn't he come on as sub against us and then get subbed off? Maybe he was injured but I didn't notice him get hurt.

Seems a very weird signing if they do make it.

I don’t know but every time I’ve seen him play he’s like the fast kid on the school team who only got picked because he was quick 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I don’t know but every time I’ve seen him play he’s like the fast kid on the school team who only got picked because he was quick 

Agreed, he's very hit and rush. No real refinement to his game. I always thought it was madness that Leeds forked out £30m on that.

47 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

we should have (and possibly tried to) signed him from Rochdale way back when. Not gonna fit our profile of quality before experience.

I have a sinking feeling which is normal for the average Saints fan, about this transfer. I can't help but think we won't get him. I hope I'm just being pessimistic. That being said the club haven't let us down this window as of yet! 

Just now, Sfcphilc said:

I have a sinking feeling which is normal for the average Saints fan, about this transfer. I can't help but think we won't get him. I hope I'm just being pessimistic. That being said the club haven't let us down this window as of yet! 

This is the reason I've not watched any comp videos of this lad yet, just don't want to send my brain down the ''it's happening'' route. Safer that way.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

This is the reason I've not watched any comp videos of this lad yet, just don't want to send my brain down the ''it's happening'' route. Safer that way.

Leeds fans online seem pretty excited about him joining them for some reason. "Why would he go to a small club like Southampton". I really hope we pull it off 😂

Terms agreed with Gakpo reported by Blackmore. 
Whatever happens this has been the most exciting transfer window in memory,  the new owners have proven they are committed and want more for the club so now hopefully everyone can get behind the team and stop the negativity. COYS.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Turkish said:

None of these players we’ve been linked with are a striker though are they?

Was about to post something similar.

Interesting if we complete our official best ever transfer window without actually buying anyone in the position most of us expected to fill as a priority.

• Like 1