Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

4 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Our fundamental issue for years has been creating good chances for our strikers and having AM who can score regularly, gakpo would fix both of these.

hopefully yes, but arnt most teams aiming for the same outcome?

1 minute ago, WALK DMC said:

Leeds are 4/5 favourites to sign Gapko. Saints are now only 2nd favourites. 

Well that would be very odd, and maybe a change of events....given we've been very heavily linked all day. Has it just changed or has it been like this all day? don't check odds personally.

13 minutes ago, nta786 said:

I get that but at the same time I’m not.
If he kicks up a fuss to move to us, can imagine he’d do it to us in 2 years time when the big boys come calling.

I was joking with my comment, and your reply is a fair point of course. I don't think it fully registered here that Mane had as I recall  a bit of a sulk at RB Salzburg before joining us, and had the Liverpool offer been in December for a January move I suspect we'd have seen similar.

For much the same reason I'm not completely sold on the AMN links given he turned us down for WBA as he only wanted to play in his position, despite where he has had most success it seems. Could be a few sulks ahead.

Mara seems to have left his club in a fairly dignified way.

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

Well that would be very odd, and maybe a change of events....given we've been very heavily linked all day. Has it just changed or has it been like this all day? don't check odds personally.

han-solo-never.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

If only MLG were here to explain about bookies odds, and their relevance...

• Haha 1

With regards to Gapko, it would appear that he's the one that SR want, but how far do both sides go with brinkmanship? I wonder if Saints have another target lined up that they could switch their attention to at the 11th hour if Gapko falls through?

5 minutes ago, CamSaint said:

With regards to Gapko, it would appear that he's the one that SR want, but how far do both sides go with brinkmanship? I wonder if Saints have another target lined up that they could switch their attention to at the 11th hour if Gapko falls through?

Just waiting for a tweet to say we are looking at other options etc 😉

9 minutes ago, CamSaint said:

Definitely 

It's probably just due to years of supporting Saints and being disappointed with so many transfers but I still think we'll miss out on Gakpo somehow. Just a hunch something will happen or someone will usurp us or PSV will stop it somehow.

I reckon AMN will be done (someone said he's already in Southampton?) And the City boys and Badé will come in but we'll be left looking for our attacking talent on deadline day. 

Of course I'd love to be proved wrong as it would be a big statement of intent.

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

It's probably just due to years of supporting Saints and being disappointed with so many transfers but I still think we'll miss out on Gakpo somehow. Just a hunch something will happen or someone will usurp us or PSV will stop it somehow.

I reckon AMN will be done (someone said he's already in Southampton?) And the City boys and Badé will come in but we'll be left looking for our attacking talent on deadline day. 

Of course I'd love to be proved wrong as it would be a big statement of intent.

Have the same feeling. That or we will opt for Brererton Diaz at the last minute