Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

17 minutes ago, CamSaint said:

Dependent on them getting a replacement before their window 'slams shut' tonight?

El Ghazi has just signed for them. Quite possibly replacement is in already although they were after  Tsygankov

Edited by saint lard

Agreeing a fee is good, but the fact that haven't decided to actually sell him and that he is playing for them right now is a good indication that this is far from done...especially as their inbound window shuts tonight.

Doesn't sound like the player is overly pushing otherwise he would have said he wasn't right to play like they all seem to these days.

Also have to consider that both sides are spinning the situation to their own fans - PSV that they are standing to their valuation and Saints that if we don't get him we couldn't have done more.

IMO if it was that close he wouldn't be playing for them.

There was NO agreement on Gakpo with #saintsfc just before the game. Otherwise he wouldn't be on the field right now. PSV will not jeopardize 40 million euros.

Edited by Dusic

Just now, Dusic said:

Agreeing a fee is good, but the fact that haven't decided to actually sell him and that he is playing for them right now is a good indication that this is far from done...especially as their inbound window shuts tonight.

Doesn't sound like the player is overly pushing otherwise he would have said he wasn't right to play like they all seem to these days.

Maybe he won't come out for the second half...

Just now, Convict Colony said:

Gakpo done some nice interchange play to create opening around the top of the box, haven't seen him run forward and check back to pass to CM once or blame someone else.

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Cancel the deal, he won’t fit in

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Is Gakpo usually PSV's captain? If not, it seems strange that he was given it tonight. A farewell job? One of their own at the end of the day, came through their 'pathway'.

Think its Luuk De Jong or Van Ginkel so he's like the next one off the list.

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Is Gakpo usually PSV's captain? If not, it seems strange that he was given it tonight. A farewell job? One of their own at the end of the day, came through their 'pathway'.

I wondered this, he was in their last game too.

I have a feeling that PSV are going to pull the plug on this one... Just feel it's so late in the day (for them) and if we've just agreed a fee it doesn't really leave them much chance to spend the wedge.

Luckily, we don't have too long to wait to find out!

5 minutes ago, SaintLondon said:

I have a feeling that PSV are going to pull the plug on this one... Just feel it's so late in the day (for them) and if we've just agreed a fee it doesn't really leave them much chance to spend the wedge.

They need the dosh

4 minutes ago, SaintLondon said:

Just a bit odd that he is playing this evening. Surely if we are close to a deal all parties wouldn't want anything to jeopardise the deal. Am torn between thinking he's a good guy for not throwing his toys out of the pram, or thinking why the he'll isn't he in Southampton already?

31 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

Trying to work out why you’d agree a fee with the club that you were happy to sell at….but hadn’t decided if you were going to sell or not? 

They're possibly trying to attract a higher bid. Presume though they have agreed a bid it is not set in stone so in theory we could be gazumped. Just guessing so probably way off the mark.

11 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Piss off Leeds.

And anyway, I still don't understand big clubs clamouring after Dan James. He's far from perfect, inconsistent, lack of end product. Of available wingers I'd rather Adama Traore or Ismaila Sarr if I were Spurs... or from Leeds Jack Harrison who is probably the better player. All IMO from what I've seen.

5 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Piss off Leeds.

And anyway, I still don't understand big clubs clamouring after Dan James. He's far from perfect, inconsistent, lack of end product. Of available wingers I'd rather Adama Traore or Ismaila Sarr if I were Spurs... or from Leeds Jack Harrison who is probably the better player. All IMO from what I've seen.

Agree. Have often wondered about Traore. Would love him in a Saints shirt. Maybe not the baby oil though. Also wonder about Jao Pedro as very left field back up option up front?

5 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Hmm, not a particularly positive update from Ornstein there. 

I can really see him signing a new deal with a release clause etc for next year.

I think he'll 100% leave for a premier League club. Their were reports he'd decided that's what he wants. It's just a matter of which club... I'd really hate it to be Leeds the fans are smug enough.

Edited by TheDevilishSaint