Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

What is going on!!!?!?!?

Imagine the scenes if we get Gakpo, Bade, AMN, Edozie and Larios.

While at the same time shipping out Bednarek, Stephens, Romeu (disappointing but understandable), Redmond and maybe Walcott.

Will there be a striker surprise also? We'll have used up our two loans, but cant rule anything out the way SR are getting on 🤯

• Like 2

So with Gakpo potentially being a fee around £30 million, that would take our spending to £80 million NET, with whatever we are spending on the two City youngsters, PLUS two players on loan with options to buy? 

Insane if this all happens. 

11 players potentially coming in. 

• Like 1

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

Waiting on DT to pop and claim we’re selling Prowsy in the last hour of the window to fund all this 🤣

In fairness, if we signed all the 7 or 8 players we're linked with currently and then got rid of Bednerak, Stephens, Redmond and Walcott, I could almost make peace with JWP being sold at a reasonable price.

• Confused 1

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Who was it that only a few months ago reckoned our new owners were just another Gao and that this window would be another summer of disappointment and needing to sell before we buy?

Come on... own up. 

Once_Bitterne

• Haha 1

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Who was it that only a few months ago reckoned our new owners were just another Gao and that this window would be another summer of disappointment and needing to sell before we buy?

Come on... own up. 

#shoddyAirBnB

I mean what a summer, let's not forget as well a pretty much whole new coaching team, a new head of recruitment, a decent amount of points from a tough start of games AND we still have Tino to come back to improve the squad. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

If we are spending this sort of money, lets just hope we're doing it sustainably. I guess if the worst still did happen this season, a lot of these would surely not be on that high wages, and would have relatively high sell on value.

The bonus with signing young players (in the main) is that this will be their first, or at most 2nd pro contract, so they're not going to be on mega mega money. I imagine our wage bill is going to be lower than it has been for many years.

Coady Gapko will make a dent in the wage bill, but we'd have the space to do that.

Edited by S-Clarke

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

If we are spending this sort of money, lets just hope we're doing it sustainably. I guess if the worst still did happen this season, a lot of these would surely not be on that high wages, and would have relatively high sell on value.

I would say it’s about as sustainable a model as anyone in football can reasonably run. It’s things like chucking £20m at Villa to get 30 year old Ings back on enormous wages which would be the undoing of a club like ours.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

We'll have used up our two loans, but cant rule anything out the way SR are getting on

Can't you have two domestic loans eg AMN + another and X amount of foreign loans Badé and then 5 max in a match day squad, or did they change the rules?

3 minutes ago, St. Neil said:

Can't you have two domestic loans eg AMN + another and X amount of foreign loans Badé and then 5 max in a match day squad, or did they change the rules?

Perhaps you're right. Only two PL loans but non domestic loans can still be completed

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Well under Gao (and even before him) it was very much a case of balancing the books with outgoings having to match incomings which we did ok with (could even call it quite successful in the years where our recruitment was on point). Sports Republic seem to very much be of the mindset that you need to speculate to accumulate - a big expenditure up front with the aim to grow the assets for sale at a higher price later. I'm sure they think of it as investing rather than straight up spending money if that makes sense.

We won't really know if it's a success for a year or two once some of these players are sold on for a profit which would then presumably be re-invested again. As long as the successes outweigh the flops we should be fine, though there is the matter of the loan to be repaid which is a bit of an unknown factor currently.

8 minutes ago, igsey said:

Isn't the last paragraph in that screenshot saying that players from foreign leagues (excluding Cardiff/Swansea) don't count toward the two-loan total?

Paragraph one....

This applies to Premier league and English clubs. So my interpretation is no limit from overseas.