Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

23 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

What's the highest number of players anyone has ever signed from one club in one window? If these three come off, that'll be five from City this summer.

5? Who have I missed? Lavia Bazanu Edozie Larios....and?

10 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

For example - Cody- Everton or Saints - which team has got better reputation for your development? Ohm btw, neither are going to win anything - but which is more likely to make you a mega star in a year or two? Which team does it season after season? Not even close as a choice. The only difference is Everton might pay £25kpw more and if that's the only reason for choosing them then they can keep the player...  

If you think players only choose Everton over us because of money, you’re deluded. 

1 minute ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

With Larios providing excellent FB cover, AMN will almost certainly be employed as DM especially with Lavia recovering and for some time as they’ll not want to rush Lavia back. It will be the decider for him I expect too.

Is Larios ready to play (a la Tino/Lavia/Bazunu) or one for the future?

Very excited about all this. Excellent business so far. Right players on the horizon, and some of the right deadwood (that has been holding us back somewhat) being shipped out. Fantastic revolution.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:
14 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Thanks for correcting my spelling😂

Still only 4...

Oh sorry, I misread, I'm not convinced I spelt it right either. Basically the two we have and the three being linked today

15 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Is Larios ready to play (a la Tino/Lavia/Bazunu) or one for the future?

He is pretty small. Skillful and very comfortable on the ball. Totally one footed mind. Busy looking player. I'm not sure if he is terribly quick, but his legs go a thousand to the dozen, that's for sure. He doesn't look like a natural fullback to me.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DT said:

AMN is in on 1 year loan: agreed. option to buy

Strange situation where he is out of contract next summer, unless Arsenal activate his optional year. We could effectively wait for them to release him and then get him on a free, assuming Arsenal don't activate the option on a player they don't want. Both sides might take the gamble next summer.

Direct replacement for Romeu I presume? 

7 minutes ago, Chez said:

He is pretty small. Skillful and very comfortable on the ball. Totally one footed mind. Busy looking player. I'm not sure if he is terribly quick, but his legs go a thousand to the dozen, that's for sure. He doesn't look like a natural fullback to me.

I see a young Jordi Alba. Thanks for the vid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

Strange situation where he is out of contract next summer, unless Arsenal activate his optional year. We could effectively wait for them to release him and then get him on a free, assuming Arsenal don't activate the option on a player they don't want. Both sides might take the gamble next summer.

Direct replacement for Romeu I presume? 

Sounds like Arsenal are going to activate the extension, presumably hoping for a good loan spell that’ll result in a move for a few million.

2 minutes ago, northam soul said:

Don’t we need to shift a keeper with 4 on the books.

Maybe wait until last minute to see if McCarthy has a suitor. If not, then perhaps we loan out Lis on last day of the window perhaps? That doesn't sound right though, as surely the Turkish side need to know where they stand so they can find an alternative, assuming they need one?

AMN with an option is absolutely perfect business. The two City kids to fill out the squad is great too, would assume Edozie takes Redmond's spot.

If we can get Gakpo over the line then this is nothing short of an exceptional window. The quick, direct winger is the last piece we need and it being a statement signing would just top everything off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

AMN with an option is absolutely perfect business. The two City kids to fill out the squad is great too, would assume Edozie takes Redmond's spot.

If we can get Gakpo over the line then this is nothing short of an exceptional window. The quick, direct winger is the last piece we need and it being a statement signing would just top everything off.

I'd still like another striker option. On loan maybe but that could be greedy. 

19 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If you think players only choose Everton over us because of money, you’re deluded. 

Lord Duckhunter. You could have said no I disagree Gio because of xyz. Instead you just suggest I'm deluded. Why the nasty?

I gave evidence that we develop young players into superstars faster than Everton. You believe instead that because 40 years ago Everton used to be good that makes them a bigger attraction than Saints? Is that why Cody would favour them? Because Frank is the Manager?  Because they get about 8,000 more to watch a home match? Or is it the chance to sit next to Delle Ali? I'm not delusional just stating what seems fairly obvious from the facts. I stand by my view. Only sane reason for an young overseas player to join everton over saints would be for extra money.   

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Sounds like Arsenal are going to activate the extension, presumably hoping for a good loan spell that’ll result in a move for a few million.

I'd guess they have to activate that option around January time in order to give the player the opportunity to talk to clubs abroad (which you can do in January I think) in advance of any departure in the summer. Possibly they can wait to activate it right up until the last day in June next year...

4 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Lord Duckhunter. You could have said no I disagree Gio because of xyz. Instead you just suggest I'm deluded. Why the nasty?

I gave evidence that we develop young players into superstars faster than Everton. You believe instead that because 40 years ago Everton used to be good that makes them a bigger attraction than Saints? Is that why Cody would favour them? Because Frank is the Manager?  Because they get about 8,000 more to watch a home match? Or is it the chance to sit next to Delle Ali? I'm not delusional just stating what seems fairly obvious from the facts. I stand by my view. Only sane reason for an young overseas player to join everton over saints would be for extra money.   

You forget the main attraction- the dugouts!

• Haha 2