Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

Good move for him if legit, he's a good defender when he gets a run of games. Obviously will have to work hard because Bournemouth are going straight back down, but he should get some decent game time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, igsey said:

Good move for him if legit, he's a good defender when he gets a run of games. Obviously will have to work hard because Bournemouth are going straight back down, but he should get some decent game time.

Number of games he gets will depend on how much the new manager rates him, they really are in a pickle. Good luck to him, think he’s gonna need it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saint_Ash said:

He's in tonight's match squad for PSV. 

We have until tomorrow to conclude a deal, him being in the matchday squad isn’t necessarily indicative of a sale not happening as much as him being OUT of the squad is a likely indicator that things are moving

PSV are looking to sign a replacement, all the right noises are there.. people around the club are confident 

Its moving

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

We have until tomorrow to conclude a deal, him being in the matchday squad isn’t necessarily indicative of a sale not happening as much as him being OUT of the squad is a likely indicator that things are moving

PSV are looking to sign a replacement, all the right noises are there.. people around the club are confident 

Its moving

Yeah it’s hardly unusual a player in the squad then moving the next day. Bednerek and Valery possibly two cases in point.

1 hour ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Don’t wanna be a downer but what about the striker ?

even Gakpo isn’t  really that is he.. seems the most obvious place to upgrade all summer and still waiting 

Do you even City '21/'22, bro?

Edited by SaintTex

3 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Its moving

I remember when Crouch was named in our starting XI and then was announced to have joined Liverpool 10 minutes later. Of course, it was a friendly against Eastleigh but still.

57 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

If we are spending this sort of money, lets just hope we're doing it sustainably. I guess if the worst still did happen this season, a lot of these would surely not be on that high wages, and would have relatively high sell on value.

I think that, in a nutshell, is the strategy which is what makes it commercially viable

1 minute ago, Suhari said:

So.... what if got injured?

Doesn't work for PSV or us. Surely he won't play?

Negotiation skills 101. The other party has to believe you're willing to talk away from the deal if you're going to extract maximum value from it. It's just brinkmanship. Or, we're not really trying to buy him and this is just a terrible fever dream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Don’t wanna be a downer but what about the striker ?

even Gakpo isn’t  really that is he.. seems the most obvious place to upgrade all summer and still waiting 

We wanted Broja but thats not going to happen

I think the move towards 433 varients has seemingly cooled our requirement for another starting ST so we’ve prioritised a goalscoring wideman that can cover at ST

In short… I don’t think we’re getting another striker

1 minute ago, Smirking_Saint said:

We wanted Broja but thats not going to happen

I think the move towards 433 varients has seemingly cooled our requirement for another starting ST so we’ve prioritised a goalscoring wideman that can cover at ST

In short… I don’t think we’re getting another striker

Agreed, I think we are looking for more goals from attacking midfielders. After all, they only have to match last season's combined tally from Broja and Long.

5 minutes ago, Suhari said:

So.... what if got injured?

Doesn't work for PSV or us. Surely he won't play?

Disappointed in him, or his agent, or possibly how we've briefed them. This is the point at which he has to say his head is already in Southampton and wishes to sit this one out.

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

Disappointed in him, or his agent, or possibly how we've briefed them. This is the point at which he has to say his head is already in Southampton and wishes to sit this one out.

I get that but at the same time I’m not.
If he kicks up a fuss to move to us, can imagine he’d do it to us in 2 years time when the big boys come calling.

• Like 2