Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 minute ago, Causer said:

I think the switch to 1 at top has made striker less of a priority for club. Adams first choice and Mara/Armstrong backups.

Instead a wider player who provides goals may be considered more important.

I agree. Think it’s more important to have someone like Gakpo for games we would be looking to win and potentially dominate. Elyo, JWP and AA was great for solidity last night but swapping out one or two of them for Aribo and Gakpo/new signing would be more explosive.

1 minute ago, SaintZamboni said:

I agree. Think it’s more important to have someone like Gakpo for games we would be looking to win and potentially dominate. Elyo, JWP and AA was great for solidity last night but swapping out one or two of them for Aribo and Gakpo/new signing would be more explosive.

Djenepo will also be big for us going forward I feel with Perraud being back. Probably a big reason we're still after a fullback so it frees Djenepo up properly to be used as a 10.

7 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I said a few weeks back I didn’t see us getting a striker as we’ve gone to one up top.

Creativity was ultimately the problem, leading to the lack of goals.

I agree, if that's the way we're going. Mara and Adams as the focal point, JWP in the Davies role and any two from Aribo, AA, SA or hopefully a new signing behind that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Anyone else feel we need to walk away from this one?

Difficult as it seems to be on a knife edge. 

But  - to use a Merringtonism - what we don’t want to do now is leave it until about 8pm tomorrow to accept it’s not happening and no time to exercise plan B.

6 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Anyone else feel we need to walk away from this one?

Not when we've come so far. We need to focus on other players too absolutely but it would be an absolute embarrassment if we tried this much and just walked away because of a few comments. It's not over until the window closes. We have no idea what's going on in the background, we only see things from the outside.

Not as confident as I was a few hours ago but we should absolutely not give up.

We're in for a wild ride.

Wouldn’t come as any surprise if he opts to stay in Netherlands and joins Ajax.

They’ve got £80m burning a hole in their pockets and can offer CL football.

This might not be just us, Leeds and the dugouts involved. 

28 minutes ago, SaintZamboni said:

I see what you are saying but we do play a lot more long ball now especially from Bazuna. Che did well against Chelsea but normally he's not the best in the air so a big centre forward would be an asset for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Wouldn’t come as any surprise if he opts to stay in Netherlands and joins Ajax.

They’ve got £80m burning a hole in their pockets and can offer CL football.

This might not be just us, Leeds and the dugouts involved. 

Everton aren’t involved with Gordon staying 

It is highly unusual for Adam Blackmore to be so almost definite that the deal is agreed and with lots of other "noise" around this it feels to me like we are going to get him.

All the nervousness is understandable given how good he is likely to be for us and with nothing more than instinct all the rumours of other clubs like Chelsea and Leeds are just stories for click bait etc  

I really think by the end of tomorrow we will be over the moon with our window which has already been good!!

Well if we’ve lost this one at the last moment, it doesn’t bode well for finding another 30M winger willing to leave with just over 24 hrs left. PSV screwed us by going public early and look to be getting their bidding war from vultures at last minute. Wonder where we are placed to compete with any Leeds offer.

1 minute ago, Mallagroth said:

Well if we’ve lost this one at the last moment, it doesn’t bode well for finding another 30M winger willing to leave with just over 24 hrs left. PSV screwed us by going public early and look to be getting their bidding war from vultures at last minute. Wonder where we are placed to compete with any Leeds offer.

Club are more astute and professional these days than the Reed era, expect SR have moved onto the next target as the other ins seem sorted and medical/paperwork, AMN rumoured to be at Staplewood today. If you’ve already agreed terms via agents for several targets, it’s then about the fees. PSV clearly in a bit of financial hock after not making the CL group stages and trying to create an auction situation for Gapko and Sangare, who ironically we would get a WP for now. Nice if it comes off but SR should be progressing other deals now and come back to this one if PSV get desperate.