Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 minute ago, Saintsfan79 said:

Am I right in thinking the Gakpo deal would have to be done by today?

We have until tomorrow 11pm. 
I think PSV’s window closes today though, so if they need a replacement they need to sort by tonight.

4 minutes ago, ecurnew02 said:

94C963EC-52DB-403D-B0EB-5501E4A385C9.thumb.jpeg.1a5f09e329cf219a09cf63fb1b8641cf.jpeg

Just saw this from a PSV fan 

I'll look up from my near-Winchester, under-the-flightpath garden and see if he's got a window seat. And what shape his earlobes are.

(Pilchards - you can keep your training-ground tree perch!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Saintsfan79 said:

Thanks, 

They would need to sign a replacement by today though due to them messing up the transfer window?.

They're pushing for Celvin Stengs from Nice and I think have signed (or all but signed) El-Ghazi from Villa on loan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Checked and PHCJM is a flight to Glasgow at 4pm. Either we've been scammed or he's joining Celtic/Rangers. 

Agree - just checked as well - that screenshot is not real.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, trousers said:

A private jet has just flown from Southampton to London (Biggin Hill).... who could that be for.... Bednarek to West Ham maybe? Although more likely he'd have flown into City airport #clutchingatstraws #allgoodfun

image.thumb.png.74b9de263bc3964855af434054e1b9ac.png

Fucking footballers. Imagine flying that distance!

• Haha 1

Just now, trousers said:

A private jet has just flown from Southampton to London (Biggin Hill).... who could that be for.... Bednarek to West Ham maybe? Although more likely he'd have flown into City airport #clutchingatstraws #allgoodfun

Bednarek for sure. Just look at how out of position it was. Should be covering a line up the M3, yet he's drifted off into the channel. No VAR lines needed for that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 25

4 minutes ago, trousers said:

Thats more likely to be a re location for the plane. The last person they dropped off will have been at Southampton but the next person to charter the plane needs picking up from Biggin Hill

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

For PSV and all dutch clubs it has to be done today their FA missed up their transfer window as 31st Aug while rest of europe is 1st Sept.

https://www.90min.com/posts/eredivisie-transfer-window-close-early-dutch-fa-error

Only incoming players. Can sell after that deadline. As long as PSV get someone in today it is on I reckon like Donkey Kong.

7 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Don’t wanna be a downer but what about the striker ?

I reckon we may have concluded that AA and CA have shown over the last couple of games that they can step up to the plate, along with Mara's promising cameos (and even Ballard waiting in the wings), so now putting all our eggs in the attacking midfield/creativity basket? (Dunno.... just thinking out loud)

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, skintsaint said:

Only incoming players. Can sell after that deadline. As long as PSV get someone in today it is on I reckon like Donkey Kong.

Ah got you - we could still use that - let them buy a player and try and change terms tomorrow and walk away hahahaha

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, trousers said:

I reckon we may have concluded that AA and CA have shown over the last couple of games that they can step up to the plate, along with Mara's promising cameos (and even Ballard waiting in the wings), so now putting all our eggs in the attacking midfield/creativity basket? (Dunno.... just thinking out loud)

Maybe but it was only Saturday Ralph said he’s confident in getting a striker in.. armstrong has looked lively last couple of. Games but looks far from prolific 

Not sure if this has been covered, but I've just read about an interesting angle to Romeu's move and the two City kids coming in.

Girona are owned by the City group of clubs, but they couldn't afford to pay a high fee for Romeu (in the millions). So as a sweetener it seems as if City have thrown in a couple of their young kids as a deal softener, given they are part of the 'group'. I doubt they'll be free, but it'll probably knock down the fee's slightly.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, gio1saints said:

Lord Duckhunter. You could have said no I disagree Gio because of xyz. Instead you just suggest I'm deluded. Why the nasty?

I gave evidence that we develop young players into superstars faster than Everton. You believe instead that because 40 years ago Everton used to be good that makes them a bigger attraction than Saints? Is that why Cody would favour them? Because Frank is the Manager?  Because they get about 8,000 more to watch a home match? Or is it the chance to sit next to Delle Ali? I'm not delusional just stating what seems fairly obvious from the facts. I stand by my view. Only sane reason for an young overseas player to join everton over saints would be for extra money.   

If so he will be disappointed. Alli has gone on loan to Besiktas.

• Haha 1

Just now, goodymatt said:

Blimey. Badé, AMN, the two City lads, and probably Gakpo (SSN just said we’re prepared to increase our bid)… that’s 5 in. I never thought I’d see an end of the window quite like it! Fingers crossed they all come off as we would have double-strengthened our spine this window!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Just found out why he's dropped down the pecking order at Rennes - had a bad injury which kept him out for a good chunk of last season, but the season prior to that he was their £15m signing, a regular (over 30 apps) and one of the highest rated young CB's in Europe. 

Surprised we've managed to get him on loan though.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Just found out why he's dropped down the pecking order at Rennes - had a bad injury which kept him out for a good chunk of last season, but the season prior to that he was their £15m signing, a regular (over 30 apps) and one of the highest rated young CB's in Europe. 

Surprised we've managed to get him on loan though.

Yeh said earlier seems an odd one considering they bought him for £15 million and now seemingly are letting go on loan with a potential loss.

Can only think financial issues, the French league TV deal causing problems?