Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

50 minutes ago, DT said:

My guess is Gakpo (just, by the skin of our teeth) (I bloomin hope), AMN on loan, and Bednarek out to whoever for around 10-15mill. Stephens perhaps to Bournemouth too. Oriel gets very late move

It’s rare for me to say this but I agree.

The Caleta-Car rumour I don’t see happening. Bednarek will be 50/50, I was surprised he was in the match day squads given his imminent departure a week ago.

2 minutes ago, Suhari said:

So...

Stephens & Bednarek out - Caleta-Car in

Romeu out (sob) - Garner or AMN in.

Redmond out - Gakpo in.

Plus a cheeky loan or two (Vale? Random striker?)

Too much to ask for!? 😃

Very much so. Two CB’s will leave I imagine IF we are guaranteed to get one in.

Garner is going to Everton.

Redmond - who knows anymore.

I don’t see a loan striker coming in, maybe in January. 

Wolves have confirmed the signing of Sasa Kalajwhatsit. £18m I think I saw the fee as. Be interested to see how he does, could be a very good signing.

Everton about to announce Garner as well by all accounts. £15m.

A lot has been made of Forest signing loads of players, having to replace loan players etc, so why didn't they go back and get Garner as he was absolutely critical for them last season. That doesn't help alter the feeling that their approach is incredibly scattergun.

3 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

What do you think, would you rather have signed Kalajdzic and Garner or just Gakpo with the same budget?

I'd have liked Kalajdizic 'in addition' to a Gapko type, as he looks like a power house (and adds more height to our spine). But maybe we're focusing on more athleticism and pace across the 3 rather than just tall types. 

I'd say AMN fits the profile of a midfielder we'd want rather than Garner, we'll see what happens with that. 

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

“They have a choice as a club. They don't have to sell. Maybe Leicester’s objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe. They obviously wanted to change... I don't have sympathy, no.”

Alternatively...

"He had a choice as a manager. He didn't have to leave Celtic. Maybe Brendans objectives have changed. He was at a Champions League club. He obviously wanted a change... I don't have sympathy, no.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

Forest will do ok, but I think come the winter they will slip down the table like we did last season.

They won’t maintain league status by signing 300 players, it just unbalances the team. They’ve gone very scattergun.

At present Nottm Forest are living and playing - with a modicum of success- on adrenalin. Back to the EPL and massive social media numbers means they are fully in the circus that is EPL now. They will run through walls and outperform. But this cannot be sustained all season whoever they buy.  

Adrenalin runs out, the honeymoon period eventually wears off, and when it does, when it gets harder and harder and losing becomes default - will the players look to their fellows and manager and know that they can trust them as they've been there before? Doubtful. Saints have made a career out of knowing how to avoid relegation in those circumstances. We got a PHd in it you might say. Our recruitment this window is way better than theirs.     

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Wolves have confirmed the signing of Sasa Kalajwhatsit. £18m I think I saw the fee as. Be interested to see how he does, could be a very good signing.

Everton about to announce Garner as well by all accounts. £15m.

A lot has been made of Forest signing loads of players, having to replace loan players etc, so why didn't they go back and get Garner as he was absolutely critical for them last season. That doesn't help alter the feeling that their approach is incredibly scattergun.

I've been wondering that too. Maybe not quite the player people think he is?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I'd have liked Kalajdizic 'in addition' to a Gapko type, as he looks like a power house (and adds more height to our spine). But maybe we're focusing on more athleticism and pace across the 3 rather than just tall types. 

I'd say AMN fits the profile of a midfielder we'd want rather than Garner, we'll see what happens with that. 

I think the way Che has played in the last couple of weeks covers the “power house” role, if he keeps it up obviously.

• Confused 1

Just now, Appy said:

I think the way Che has played in the last couple of weeks covers the “power house” role, if he keeps it up obviously.

He has shown he has the ability to lead the line. As you say keeping it up is the quality of a top player, consistent high level performances. Part of that comes as a result of the coaching process. 

I think he will prove to be that 10 goals a year player but we need 2 of those in reality, which could possibly be Gakpo. 

I'd love to see him plus another striker but Mara is still to blossom. 

These next 2 days will either leave us praying we have minimal injuries/suspensions or truly excited by what we could achieve this season.

On 09/08/2022 at 23:35, ecurnew02 said:

Was thinking of a Sport Republic type winger and Adedire Mebude checks off a lot of boxes. Joe Shields will know him well, contract is out in 2024 and his agency is already pretty familiar with the club (Bertrand, Broja and Simeu’s agency). He’s highly regarded in City’s academy and he had 29 G+A in 20 games last year for City U18. 

I am going to pat myself on the back for calling this one 

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Their approach isn't scatter gun imo. They have merely given themselves options and cover all over the pitch. Perfectly sensible given the window closing.

Not signing Garner could be as simple as that they believe they've signed better and don't need him. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, igsey said:

Gonna be hilarious when they sack Lampard and suddenly don't want to play a 5 man midfield.

Plus they still have Gomes, Doucoure, Allan, Davies as CMs and Iwobi and Holgate have played there recently. Madness!

47 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

What do you think, would you rather have signed Kalajdzic and Garner or just Gakpo with the same budget?

Our fundamental issue for years has been creating good chances for our strikers and having AM who can score regularly, gakpo would fix both of these.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, saintwbu said:

Working Jim Carrey GIF

SuperSAINT today 

I sometimes wonder if this is one of the main reason for MLG's absence this summer. At one point he engaged Supersaint and was trying to post twitter links before him.... but he just couldn't match up to his speed and alertness for the latest twitter transfer news.

Edited by Saint86
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

I imagine we’d persue more thsn one deal at a time tbh… all eggs in one basket is a bit silly 2 days before window close

Medube seems like the kind of player that we would sign when the opportunity arises, regardless of any other movement in the squad