Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

10 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I hear staff have been seen arriving at St Mary's. Something's coming...

New player announcements before kick-off, at half-time and after the game. Can't think of any other reason why staff would be there today and I, for one, will be incredibly disappointed if this doesn't happen now.

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

He’ll be lurking licking his wounds waiting to return like a wounded tiger. He’ll soon be back with post corrections in overdrive. Mock him at your peril. 

Comma or semi colon required between lurking and licking. Good effort though. 

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

We had a permanent offer rejected for Garner over the weekend, says Fabrizio Romano.

He also mentions interest in AMN again but says it's likely to be a loan with option.

Man Utd pretty much have to inflate their transfer sales as much as possible to pay for the £200M of attackers they bring in every summer 🤣

1 minute ago, coalman said:

You could say that but maybe he's using Sampdoria to put himself in the shop window for Saints for summer 2023.

I wonder what would happen to DT if we signed Winks and sold JWP to Spurs.

Self destruct?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, coalman said:

Man Utd pretty much have to inflate their transfer sales as much as possible to pay for the £200M of attackers they bring in every summer 🤣

Liverpool are kings of getting big money for their crap. Garner may see the Casemiro signing as blocking his path and force the move. I’d take a loan with an option or obligation. AMN may offer the versatility we need but Garner seems more Saintsy.

2 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Fabrizio Romano has just tweeted that we’ve done the deal for Gakpo - 4 years with an option to extend. Arrives next week.

Is this legit?!?!  Amazing news if true.

Not legit I'm afraid, just checked his account and nothing on there

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Toussaint said:

If we pay the money, they will come..

We tried to negotiate with PSV but they wouldn’t have it, so we had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business really. But sure enough he signed the contract, Gakpo joined Saints, and he went on to have a great season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Fabrizio Romano has just tweeted that we’ve done the deal for Gakpo - 4 years with an option to extend. Arrives next week.

Is this legit?!?!  Amazing news if true.

Doesn't look like it. Nowt on his timeline so was probably a fake account.

Seeing as we clearly do have some big (for us) cash to spend, it will be interesting if we don't get Gakpo whether we have a backup or just keep the money rather than potentially waste it?

Feels like we really need a creative injection in the team, so personally hope they have something else lined up if not Gakpo - does instinctively feel like there is too much of a difference in valuation to overcome in two days.

Slightly suprised we have left it this late to sign an attacker but equally a week ago when he thought he was signing for Utd he would have had zero interest in us.

Also, if we don't get ANM then surely we need a full back and we haven't really been linked with any.

Edited by Dusic

7 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Seeing as we clearly do have some big (for us) cash to spend, it will be interesting if we don't get Gakpo whether we have a backup or just keep the money rather than potentially waste it?

Feels like we really need a creative injection in the team, so personally hope they have something else lined up if not Gakpo - does instinctively feel like there is too much of a difference in valuation to overcome in two days.

Slightly suprised we have left it this late to sign an attacker but equally a week ago when he thought he was signing for Utd he would have had zero interest in us.

Also, if we don't get ANM then surely we need a full back and we haven't really been linked with any.

& we still have potential Centre-back & Def-mid plates (possibly) spinning.

Gakpo if he is coming needs to be confirmed by tomorrow for PSV to be able to get a player in before their window closes Weds.

A medical was booked for today so is it plausible that he has a medical today and the clubs negotiate through to tomorrow in these types of circumstance ?

The Broja talk is just boring now. If it was going to happen it would’ve happened very early and very quickly. He was ok for a period and had a decent spell mid-season. That is it. 😅

The Gakpo talk seems very quiet today. I think something will happen. Just a feeling.

In regards to staff seen in and out of St Mary’s, there is a game on tonight 👀🤣

7 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Seems like the ship, train, bicycle…. Whatever preference of your mode of transfer transport has sailed,departed etc etc on Broja

Chelsea see him as one of the top young strikers in Europe

That shipped sailed in January, that was our opportunity if we really wanted to pursue it. Game over as soon as Feb rolled around.

He won't go anywhere this window, but he will be shipped off out in loan in January I reckon.

8 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

The Broja talk is just boring now. If it was going to happen it would’ve happened very early and very quickly. He was ok for a period and had a decent spell mid-season. That is it. 😅

The Gakpo talk seems very quiet today. I think something will happen. Just a feeling.

In regards to staff seen in and out of St Mary’s, there is a game on tonight 👀🤣

I haven't seen any news about it. Feels like people are just getting hopeful. He's a good player for sure and I loved watching him but he's gone. Last season Chelsea wanted 35 million for him, which we were unwilling to pay. Seems we moved on a long long time ago. Not necessarily a bad thing plenty of other good players out there.

I'd say I'm actually more excited about Gakpo at this point. Broja has just gone.

Edited by TheDevilishSaint
Typo