Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

I'm probably being far too unrealistic but I really hope we get 3 players in the next 2 days. 

The elusive striker/winger we've wanted all summer, a (d)CM, and a CB.

We are showing we are on a good trajectory with these young talented and hugely energetic guys but 3 or 4 injuries (Lavia case in point) and potentially suddenly we are relying on those who are not really good enough. 3 new ones and it's a different story.

Let Oriel, Bednarek, Stephens  and Redmond go and get Gakpo, Garner or AMN (or both!!), and Culeta-Car and what a window!!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:

I'm probably being far too unrealistic but I really hope we get 3 players in the next 2 days. 

We are showing we are on a good trajectory with these young talented and hugely energetic guys but 3 or 4 injuries (Lavia case in point) and potentially suddenly we are relying on those who are not really good enough. 3 new ones and it's a different story.

Let Oriel, Bednarek, Stephens  and Redmond go and get Gakpo, Garner or AMN (or both!!), and Culeta-Car and what a window!!!

Yep, 3 more players are needed.

Would be more than happy with Gapko, Maitland-Niles/Garner and Caleta-Car.

• Like 1

I think three or four players will come in before the end of the window. I think we'll sign a lots-of-goals-a-season striker (or a versatile 'across the front line' attacker who we'll deploy up front), a DM or versatile player who can play DM, a fullback and possibly another CB. I think Romeu, Bednarek, Redmond, Walcott and Stephens will go, though some maybe on loans. I think one of our goalkeepers will be off - maybe Lis on loan to our Turkish sister club? Simeu on loan to a Championship club?

Oh, and I think we'll finish in the top half of the table this season. 

• Like 2

I believe that if Romeu is leaving (as seems likely) then we will definitely bring in either Garner or Maitland-Niles. I think/hope it will be Maitland-Niles and feel that our formation tonight would have been a great advert for how he could fit into the Saints set-up. He also provides an extra option if needed as full-back cover.

I am loving the rumours about Gakpo and would love it if we sign him. It seems he is definitely moving somewhere and we have been in the driver's seat. However, I am a little concerned with the increasing number of clubs being linked with him but a lot of the links seem fairly weak, so I am hopeful we will be the ones to sign him.

Our interest in Caleta-Car is also exciting, but I think it's dependant on quick progress in negotiating to sign him and in selling Bednarek. I hope we don't sell Bednarek without a replacement.

Unfortunately, this all still leaves us with no clear link to a striker. My guess is that they have realised that it is a choice between either an average striker and winger or one good player in one of those positions and I think we have decided to go for Gakpo rather than Ramos. I don't think Broja was ever seriously on the cards as he is neither creative enough nor a 15+ goals-a-season striker.

It would be amazing to sign AMC, Gakpo, DCC and also a striker and a full-back, but I doubt very strongly that it will happen!!

Garner’s price now now be massively inflated as United are panic buying players on stupid money, which they need to fund.

We won’t pull the plug on the Romeu deal for him to leave purely based on an injury for a few weeks, if it was six months then yes maybe. 
But in the end that deal is so far down the line it would appear, and why would you keep a players that quite clearly no longer wants to be here.

5 minutes ago, Appy said:

I have no sympathy for Leicester 

“They have a choice as a club. They don't have to sell. Maybe Leicester’s objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe. They obviously wanted to change... I don't have sympathy, no.”

• Like 16
  • Haha 26

"De Telegraaf reports that Cody Gakpo has indicated internally at PSV that he wants to leave for the Premier League. The attacker already wants to make the move and does not want to wait another year. Southampton is already concrete in the market, while in England it is expected that Everton will also fully focus on Gakpo when Anthony Gordon is sold to Chelsea.

Club watcher Rik Elfrink indicated in the Peesjevee Podcast that Gakpo had already indicated this within PSV some time ago. "We have always been told that the approach was that Gakpo wants to leave," said Elfrink."

https://psv.supporters.nl/nieuws/artikel/50735/twitter

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

"De Telegraaf reports that Cody Gakpo has indicated internally at PSV that he wants to leave for the Premier League. The attacker already wants to make the move and does not want to wait another year. Southampton is already concrete in the market, while in England it is expected that Everton will also fully focus on Gakpo when Anthony Gordon is sold to Chelsea.

Club watcher Rik Elfrink indicated in the Peesjevee Podcast that Gakpo had already indicated this within PSV some time ago. "We have always been told that the approach was that Gakpo wants to leave," said Elfrink."

https://psv.supporters.nl/nieuws/artikel/50735/twitter

Frank says it’s too late to sell Gordon this window !

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Good way to bump up the price. Already suspect Barkley is the replacement.

Didn’t Barkley leave under a cloud or something? Scousers aren’t quick to forget if they think they’ve been wronged by someone or something (ie all the bloody time)

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Pilchards said:

I know some of you are hoping for at least 4 players in plus 5 or so out but this is Saints we are talking about.

IMHO we are leaving things rather late and I think at this stage we will be lucky to get one in and hopefully 2 out.

I think we’ll see movement today personally and Im comfortable of atleast 3 I think before the deadline 

8 hours ago, MarkSFC said:

I think the Striker/Winger requirement needs to be separated and that we actually need both.  Given the propensity for Armstrong and Adams to be inconsistent at best we need a 10 goal a season striker.  We also need that creativity in behind though I would argue that's less of an issue when you have Aribo and Mara providing that.  However, given what appears to be very good pedigree with regards to Gakpo, I certainly wouldn't be complaining if he came in BUT alongside a striker, DCM and utility defender.

• Like 1

Just now, Saint Garrett said:

I have no expectations but seems we’re still favourites and he will be leaving. Fully expecting Everton or someone else to come in for him though. 

351E2680-A11B-4781-8504-9B9851335756.jpeg

Can’t see them spending that much with Gordon staying 

If we are to sign 3 or so players, we'd probably need to hear about the moves today. Rarely (though it's not impossible) do deals just suddenly happen on deadline day (tomorrow), they're usually set up in advance and then completed on deadline day. 

Personally I'd be slightly surprised if we brought in 3 now, although we probably do need 3/4. Anyone in this country can basically be pursued on deadline day due to travel but someone like Gakpo needs to be largely agreed today. It'll be a big day.

My prediction?

Outs? Bednarek and Romeu probably, maybe Redmond. 

Ins? One CM, one attacker (either a 10 or Str). We may sneak a late signing on Thursday, someone localish like Vale from Chelsea (although I did notice he was on the bench last night).

Sounds like there is a deal to bd done for Gakpo if we up our offer a little. They have a game tonight so teamsheet will be interesting.

But can we do that if we also need to bring in a midfielder (Garner will definitely move somewhere) and full back potentially? Could be looking at a net spend approaching £100m this summer. Or would we think if we get Gakpo that we could get by til Tino is back just with Perraud, Djenepo and KWP? Risky move.

Also...anyone else find it odd that seemingly of TV, radio or the written press nobody asked Ralph about potential transfers after the game yesterday? Assume they are instructed not to by the club as its such an obvious question otherwise.

Edited by Dusic