Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

It's mad that Chelsea can pay 100 million for a striker. Bin him off when it doesn't work, then bring in PEA who is likely to be on what, 200k a week minimum?

And the whole thing is just a shrug of the shoulders "meh" kind of vibe about it. They have Broja (raw, untried at that level but worth an attempt) 

Thats why when I saw people going Forest are mad for signing MGW for 30 million, I thought it simply doesn't matter. No one cares. It's all just a bit sad.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't think we should accept a penny more than £15 Million for Bedgnerak. I just worry that if we get too much for him, it may look like criminal activity such as money laundering, tax evasion or extortion.

perhaps that's the investigators in the people carriers heading into staplewood?

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

Fake account - Sky Spirts !!!!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I believed it before someone I sent it to via DM pointed that out to me and so I posted on here hoping I'd not be the only one taken in :(

Edited by Bad Wolf
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sfcphilc said:

Genuinely think we've got Ramos in the bag. Not ITK just gut feeling. Joe Shields liking his Instagram post.. could be the new 'done deal' sign. 

Won’t believe it until MLG starts a new thread called The Road to Ramos or similar 😜

• Haha 7

On 16/08/2022 at 19:27, S-Clarke said:

Casemiro, you have to laugh! They couldn't attract De Jong or seemingly Rabiot, so they have put out the fluff line to appease fans that they're looking at Casemiro. Probably as much chance of them signing Roy Keane back.

Maybe a little premature on this one!

No idea how they've managed to pull this one out of the bag. 

8 minutes ago, The Juice said:

Looks fake, that is not a tick next to his name 

Oh yeah. I kinda had this feeling it would be fake because of the fact it had been 22 minutes and not been posted (hence my tongue in cheek comment) but I couldn't see anything obviously fake about it

1 hour ago, DT said:

I mean we’re all laughing at the Bednarek thing but it won’t have leave us short at Cb with Stephens off too. Hope we have other irons in fire

one thing at a time DT.

As some said last summer about Palace, having lot of players out of contract (or departing for pastures new) and a clean slate to work with is advantageous IMO. As has been the case all summer, I am far more concerned about how we shift players we don't want than our ability to bring new ones in. Besides, CB really isn't a position we are short of bodies. Quality? Well that's a different thing entirely.

Potential £100k+ a week off our wage bill and a chance to try again. Yes please.

51 minutes ago, Sfcphilc said:

Genuinely think we've got Ramos in the bag. Not ITK just gut feeling. Joe Shields liking his Instagram post.. could be the new 'done deal' sign. 

Not as daft as it sounds. These kind of indicators on social media tend to be very revealing. If there is no link between the two before, then why do it now. I think your gut feeling is on to something.

The situation whereby Saints are waiting on a signing from a team playing early knockout European competition stages does recur.
When// if they get through to a group stages - or are out will impact player incoming timing. It may well be the case that we are fairly confident in one or two players but they are however currently indisposed until their team has sufficiently progressed. Several names already mentioned fit that category. 

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

Not as daft as it sounds. These kind of indicators on social media tend to be very revealing. If there is no link between the two before, then why do it now. I think your gut feeling is on to something.

No update from Joe on instagram, must still be working - will check in again later.

And, it would make sense because they would tend to be exactly our kind of player - NOT. Currently a CL player but in a euro squad trying to qualify for it or that has got through to qualifying conference/ europa. Especially from the lesser known or non big five leagues. 

2 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

The situation whereby Saints are waiting on a signing from a team playing early knockout European competition stages does recur.
When// if they get through to a group stages - or are out will impact player incoming timing. It may well be the case that we are fairly confident in one or two players but they are however currently indisposed until their team has sufficiently progressed. Several names already mentioned fit that category. 

Exactly what happened when signing Forster from Celtic. Other than Ramos, what other name has been mentioned?

4 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

https://abola.pt/nnh/2022-08-19/wolverhampton-bruno-lage-assume-goncalo-ramos-quem-nao-quer-um-jogador-assim/953532

Wolves manager talking about him, only thing that gives me confidence is he isnt a mendes client

Google translate comes up with:

“We are still looking for a striker. In the last few days I have received many messages about Gonçalo Ramos, but I still haven't spoken to him, nor has the club made any proposal. Did you like to count on him? Who doesn't want a player like that? But we have a defined profile for the attacking front and other targets as well."

3 hours ago, Chez said:

£30.5m with £5m of add ons was my understanding, but its irrelevant as West Ham are a far more attractive proposition than us. 

Hopefully we can get a striker that can do a great job for us for a little less. 

What do you think his wages would be?

37 minutes ago, ecurnew02 said:

12 goals + 4 assists in 20 games in Austria 

Not previously heard of him, but Atalanta have signed some decent players and have a good record on recruitment if that's anything to go by.

At 19 though, he's another one for the future, and we need goals this season.

Here's a youtube clip, which is entertaining in places. Looks as if he might come in handy if Saints take to water polo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxuO41H5FGY

Goalkeeper we should be after at 02:20 as well, doing his best Angus Gunn impression.

Edited by Badger

15 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Given Brentford’s links with danish players, this would not surprise me. Never heard of him though.

Lucky for you that aside from the Zambian super league and the Armenian premier League I also follow the Austrian league and let me tell you that this boy is mustard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Purely from the YouTube videos, I'd say he was most comparable to Pelle of our strikers of recent history. 

Adams, Ramos, Mara and Armstrong seems a pretty good set of strikers for a club of our size to have for the season, hoping we don't sell Adams to facilitate this.

Think Pelle had the height advantage, and that was the sort of striker I was hoping for. So far only Kalajdzic looks the part in the experienced strikers mentioned (plus one Croatian whose name escapes me, and the Danish bloke mentioned this afternoon, but both young).

5 hours ago, tajjuk said:

Ramos looks like a bigger Ings to me, similar sort of bustling running style, not lightening pace but good movement, always looking busy and alert in the box. First time finished with either foot as well. Also seems to have more about him in the air, continues the summer window MO of 6ft plus played as well. 

Considering we underperformed our XG by a good margin last year having someone who can take the chances we make efficiently seems like a good priority to me. 

Probably a good description from the youtube footage. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Lucky for you that aside from the Zambian super league and the Armenian premier League I also follow the Austrian league and let me tell you that this boy is mustard.

But is he the dog’s bollocks though ?

We shouldn’t be stinting on quality 

• Haha 1