Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 hour ago, Saint Scott said:

Scamacca was 40m euros so another step up

£30.5m with £5m of add ons was my understanding, but its irrelevant as West Ham are a far more attractive proposition than us. 

Hopefully we can get a striker that can do a great job for us for a little less. 

59 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:
Aston Villa are exploring a move for Southampton and Poland defender Jan Bednarek - news

what a nightmare. The last thing we want is to lose our best and most experienced CB. Bednarek has been absolutely outstanding ever since he made the first team. Terrific player, that reads the game so well, electric pace and dominating. If the fee is around £20m, Villa will have got an absolute bargain. First Ings, now Bednarek. Bastards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Villa are welcome to Bednarek. £50m and not a penny less. 😂

I don’t think that’s unreasonable, as an extra incentive Ings on loan with Villa picking up the wages might seal the deal, help bring on Mara and Ramos. 

Gutted to be losing bednarek, he's been a rock at the heart of our defence for ages now. I think we've all known sales were inevitable, but to be losing one of our most experienced players to a direct rival like villa feels like a bitter pill to swallow. Imagine he'll do well there, he's fast, powerful, good in the air and an expert judge when it comes to the tackle / interception. Will leave a big hole to fill! 

• Haha 18

Just now, Sammy_Saint said:

id say he looks good on the ball, tricky, some nice headers and smart finishes. Reminded me of Ings in some clips. Better than Che id say.

Yeah, comfortable with the ball at his feet. Feels like a replacement for Che to me, rather than an accompanying striker, but we shall see.

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Best Polish player of his generation. Be a terrible shame to lose him

So if Jack Stephens leaves for Watford, this leaves Salisu and Bocha- Ketchup plus Lyanco and possibly Valery as our remaining central defenders as I dont think Simeu is ready yet.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2022 at 14:08, HarvSFC said:

Vestergaard was signed mid-August with Leicester panicking that all of their centre-backs were out injured. We might need to get through a couple of matches before a club begins to panic and looks to Bednarek, an experienced Premier League centre-back and international for an answer. Unfortunately, Everton don't seem to have a lot of money these days, as they'd be the club you'd bank on making a panic signing.

Make it happen Villa, I don't get many predictions correct.

• Like 1

Just now, Atlanta Saint said:

Apparently Fofana is not in the Leicester squad for tomorrow. 

Ah, but is Bednarek? Villa better get that deal done quick before Leicester snap him up. Quality players like him are in much demand.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Something could be imminent as when I went past Staplewood about 1145 today 3 people carriers with blacked out windows went into Staplewood and the gates were shut very quickly and before you could see anyone alight. Just hoping this is good news 😀😇. ( Sorry for lateness I have just got home and only now able to post as I had issues with new iPhone accessing internet)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Saints4Prem said:

Something could be imminent as when I went past Staplewood about 1145 today 3 people carriers with blacked out windows went into Staplewood and the gates were shut very quickly and before you could see anyone alight. Just hoping this is good news 😀😇. ( Sorry for lateness I have just got home and only now able to post as I had issues with new iPhone accessing internet)

Exciting! Can someone check hotels nearby?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Saints4Prem said:

They're setting fire to people?  That's one way to force a player to move I suppose.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Saints4Prem said:

Balotelli likes to do things quietly 🙂

45 minutes ago, Saints4Prem said:

Sounds like the villa negotiating team turned up for bednerak talks

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saints4Prem said:

The Apprentice Autumn 2022 Series,     Task week  3 -     Buy a footballer for a Premier League team with a budget of £1,000

• Like 1
  • Haha 1