Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

I really don’t know anything about Ramos, but part of me really hope we do end up getting him simply to see the reaction of Wolves fans. Quite childish I admit but having been over to their forums recently, I never realised how arrogant they are. Maybe it’s just to do with Portuguese players that they expect to always win or maybe they are becoming a bit like Everton fans did in the Koeman and Ancelotti years where they have self anointed themselves as best of the rest whilst looking very much down at clubs like us. 
whilst it looks like we have made the 1st positive enquiry I accept that if Newcastle or Wolves also make a move then it will be tough, but we should be thought as possible favourites at this stage until another firm enquiry goes in. 
I got over Villa fans arrogance last season so maybe I will this year with Wolves :) 

59 minutes ago, saint in Den Haag said:

I really don’t know anything about Ramos, but part of me really hope we do end up getting him simply to see the reaction of Wolves fans. Quite childish I admit but having been over to their forums recently, I never realised how arrogant they are. Maybe it’s just to do with Portuguese players that they expect to always win or maybe they are becoming a bit like Everton fans did in the Koeman and Ancelotti years where they have self anointed themselves as best of the rest whilst looking very much down at clubs like us. 
whilst it looks like we have made the 1st positive enquiry I accept that if Newcastle or Wolves also make a move then it will be tough, but we should be thought as possible favourites at this stage until another firm enquiry goes in. 
I got over Villa fans arrogance last season so maybe I will this year with Wolves :) 

Haven't Newcastle signed him up?

37 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Any chance Bednarek not being in the right frame of mind to play tomorrow?

Even if he isn't in the right frame he should travel so either Leicester can buy him or they can collect him from Aston Villa. With a spare seat on the way home we could take Fofana to Stamford Bridge and collect Chalobah saving money on all these blacked out people carriers 😇

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Looks like we will see Casemiro playing at St Marys next week 

He’ll need a “welcome to the Premier League” introduction from Romeu and JWP. :twisted: Although knowing our luck he’ll slot straight in and pull the strings. Still it’s a good time to be playing United.

24 minutes ago, northam soul said:

Now linked with McTominay, Jesus it’s silly season.

Silly as in we wouldn’t get him or you don’t rate him? I’d have him,  Good gutsy, energetic player, I could definitely see Ralph liking the cut of his jib.

Edited by Toussaint
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Silly as in we wouldn’t get him or you don’t rate him? I’d have him,  Good gutsy, energetic player, I could definitely see Ralph liking the cut of his jib.

Plays CB too... perfect for the three CBS. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Sturm Graz played RB Salzburg a few weeks ago and this kid stole the show with two goals in a 2-1 win. Included this lovely goal

Very powerful striker, seem some clips where his dribbling looks a bit wonky but definitely a massive threat in the final third.

2 hours ago, ecurnew02 said:

The source saying we’re interested in McTominay is 90-min football so wouldn’t read too much into it regardless 

Thank god, anyone who wants McTominay hasn’t watched him struggle to move a ball around for the ladt 2 years

Awful player, not good defensively, not good in possession, but he has passion and moves around a bit….

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ecurnew02 said:

12 goals + 4 assists in 20 games in Austria 

Probably positioning ourselves for him incase we are unable to get Ramos.

Assuming Benfica wouldn't sell before the 2nd leg of their CL tie, any move for him would go down to the wire, if indeed he moves anywhere.

Also...wonder if potential Ramos purchase is/was reliant upon selling Adams? Seems to have gone a bit quiet there, although noted he had a knock and didnt train for a few days this week...

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 1

Out of all the linked strikers and having wanted the club to splash the cash for some time, it's funny now that the one link I most want to come to fruition is Andrea Bellotti on a free. Hopefully his transfer to Roma dies a death and we can tempt him to the Prem even if just on a 2 year contract for one season in the shop window with a cheap £20million release clause. 

Failing that, and knowing nothing about the rest except what I've seen in clips posted, there's something about Højlund I really like.

9 hours ago, saint1977 said:

Could be the missing link for them but could also struggle with a high pressing game at 30 in the PL, not being the quickest to start with. 5 CL trophies is stunning though and a great player.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62603699

yeah lets see how much casimero likes running up and down for 90mins.  I always love these type of signings cos they get absolutely zero respect in this league from the other teams.  Look at varane, real madrid CB and cant oust car crash maguire in the man u team.

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 2

Depending on where you look Belottis salary was around €65,000 at Torino. 
He was Captain and always scored 10+ goals every season in a mid to lower level Seria A team somewhat comparable to Saints ( but with a much more acclaimed history). 
He is essentially a full hustle cf - Saintsy in that regard but also a genuine #9- a relatively old school goal scoring penalty taking good in the air hard working player first and foremost. He’s also physically strong so the EPL physicality would probably not frighten him as much as it would some foreign players. 
At 28 /29 years old and after giving a loyal shift to Torino he probably wants a last payoff and maybe a last opportunity overseas challenge to set him up for life. Though he’s married with family I believe so that may make him less inclined. EPL fits his style for sure and the ££ definitely.
 He could play at Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Brighton or Saints. Easy.

Of those I’d say Newcastle would be nailed on if they wanted him. We’d be 3rd choice. I’m sure £100k pw ie a JWP salary or thereabouts for 2 years would seem fair to our fans considering his previous wage - BUT he won’t join for that. It will be nearer £150K+ pw if we really want him. 
My view fwiw Given it’s no fee ( but I don’t know the agents cut) £150kpw over 104 weeks is £15.6million. And no resale value. Given his undoubted track record of scoring in the hardest league to score in and  especially at a club like ours often under the cosh - I’d do it. Not at £200kpw though.
He’s a leader and won’t ever give up always giving 100% effort. He’s not s hands up in the air moaning type. He’s not super skilful not technically brilliant not super fast - but he is a known product not a potential and has enough to have made him a full IT international and well respected by all Seria A defenders. That’s good enough for me and should be more than good enough for Saints. 
I hope SFC can see that and go the £150k pw ( or more) as then he would be a marquee signing of great significance and give whole city a boost. Sign him up! 

Edited by gio1saints
Mistaken goals
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Was linked to teams like United a couple of years ago, but after a pretty poor season in the Prem, and his reputation tarnished slightly, its been Borussia Monchengladbach (managed by Farke), Atalanta and Monza trying to buy him this summer. The Scum linked him to Everton back in July - his agent no doubt fed that story. Feels like our level/type of signing, but is he actually any good? Anyone watched him closely?

50 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:
  would imagine this is more if KWP left. He’d be too expensive to sign for cover.

Sounds like Norwich have only really had loan offers, so doubt he would actually be that much and certainly nowhere near the £25m that used to be touted for him.

Assuming KWP doesn't sign a new deal and leaves next summer then wouldnt hurt to have already signed his replacement, seeing as we could certainly use someone lile Aarons now.

I believe he has also covered at LB on occassions too. From what I have seen of him as a player he is probably a similar profile to KWP style wise.

Edited by Dusic

7 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Sounds like Norwich have only really had loan offers, so doubt he would actually be that much and certainly nowhere near the £25m that used to be touted for him.

Assuming KWP doesn't sign a new deal and leaves next summer then wouldnt hurt to have already signed his replacement, seeing as we could certainly use someone lile Aarons now.

I believe he has also covered at LB on occassions too. From what I have seen of him as a player he is probably a similar profile to KWP style wise.

I would certainly take him. Aarons, Tino, KWP, Perraud is a very good set of full backs. Even if it is just for one season before KWP leaves. 

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Dusic said:

This sums it up for me. One way or another it seems KWP isn’t here for the long term, so with Tino and Perraud both injured, a signing like this let’s us play both Aaron’s and KWP for a while, then as the season progresses we may end up with four decent fullbacks, one of which will probably leave. Strong position. 

28 minutes ago, RobM said:

This sums it up for me. One way or another it seems KWP isn’t here for the long term, so with Tino and Perraud both injured, a signing like this let’s us play both Aaron’s and KWP for a while, then as the season progresses we may end up with four decent fullbacks, one of which will probably leave. Strong position. 

I'd be surprised if we kept four quality players for two positions. Particularly when we are so short elsewhere. 

20 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I'd be surprised if we kept four quality players for two positions. Particularly when we are so short elsewhere. 

KWP will be off by next year unless he extends, Tino is out, whether Perraud is quality is subjective...we could do better at LB imo. Full back needs a quality addition for me. 

42 minutes ago, egg said:

KWP will be off by next year unless he extends, Tino is out, whether Perraud is quality is subjective...we could do better at LB imo. Full back needs a quality addition for me. 

Isn't that the case for any player?

33 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Isn't that the case for any player?

True...was a polite way of saying people must be watching a different player to me if they think he's what we need at LB. He's ok, and for me, he should be back up to a better LB.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, egg said:

I don't disagree regarding Perraud, I do like him though in that he's quite tenacious and doesn't get beaten all too often. The issue I see with Perraud is his limited technical ability and lack of explosive pace. That sort of holds him back in the formations we play which rely on marauding full backs, like KWP. We do look more balanced with KWP right, Parraud left, but we'd look even better with a KWP profile player on the left imo.

I wonder if the club thought Small could be that player, but as yet it hasn't quite worked out (maybe in a few years).

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, egg said:

True...was a polite way of saying people must be watching a different player to me if they think he's what we need at LB. He's ok, and for me, he should be back up to a better LB.

And yet our best run of form last season was when he was playing there regularly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

And yet our best run of form last season was when he was playing there regularly.

I'm not sure you can attribute that form just to the left back. The manager often preferred KWP at LB for good reason imo.

For me he's ok, but an obvious area to improve, and immediately give us balance and the ability to go to a back 4. 

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I don't disagree regarding Perraud, I do like him though in that he's quite tenacious and doesn't get beaten all too often. The issue I see with Perraud is his limited technical ability and lack of explosive pace. That sort of holds him back in the formations we play which rely on marauding full backs, like KWP. We do look more balanced with KWP right, Parraud left, but we'd look even better with a KWP profile player on the left imo.

I wonder if the club thought Small could be that player, but as yet it hasn't quite worked out (maybe in a few years).

Pretty sure that was the case, as he certainly fits that profile, but he badly needs to improve the defensive side of his game. He's still very young though. Definitely has the potential to be our left sided version of KWP.

3 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:
  would imagine this is more if KWP left. He’d be too expensive to sign for cover.

Funnily enough I said this to the wife last night (Norwich fan). And nearly posted it on here that he's what we need right now. Young, decent right back that has been linked with big clubs but for some reason hasn't quite reached the heights he was expected to. It depends on the price but it makes sense to me. Gets in good positions going forward and is quick. Probably not as good defensively but can be worked on. Reminds me of Nate Clyne when we signed him from Palace, Championship player but linked with the Prem, young and with potential. Get it done Saints.

Hypothetically Aarons, Garner, an attacker (Ramos?) and another CB (Chalobah?) Would make for a brilliant end to the window. 

• Like 5