Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

5 minutes ago, Restark19 said:

Or they could pay an actual fee...

but terminating his contract will likely mean will will not subsidise any wages and he will not get any further bonuses....probably means we cut our losses 100%, which was going to happen anyway

Edited by AlexLaw76

24 minutes ago, saintant said:

Any genuine ITK with something juicy to reveal? Any Lear jets arriving at Southampton or black limos spotted pulling into Staplewood? Has the Potters Heron been booked? Have the lights been turned off at St Marys yet? We're all waiting for the big one. 🙂

14 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Nope

Like, do you think someone's sitting here behind the keyboard with news of an exciting transfer but hasn't thought to share it because no-one's asked the question?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

WE wanted a striker and have been linked with a lot and I got excited even if it was only rumours. Now it seems we haven't got one and I'm not as disappointed as I would have been in the past because there is obviously clear method and ambition in the recruitment which has been amazing. The whole structure is stronger and the strikers we've got will have more opportunity--watch them pile on the pressure. COYR 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, DT said:

this is nice: 

Nice that a footballer films a video when he leaves rather than some sanitised PR statement done by his agent, shows he's authentic.

Romeu will always be a southampton legend, he was always built different from his tours of town to his love of old school cars, a proper gent with the haircut of a nutcase.

Respect

• Like 19

1 minute ago, stevy777_x said:

So I take it we are not signing a striker?

No, doesn't appear as though we are. Assume we had put all our eggs in the Gakpo basket and don't think its worth rushing something now.

Obviously hard to know whether Edozie is seen as first team ready but if not I do feel we lack a bit of quality in the final third, and would be in trouble if Adams is unavailable.

That said, there isnt that long til January and we now have a stronger squad so should be able to focus soley on that area of the pitch - plus we know there is cash to spend.