Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

17 minutes ago, Alanh said:

Agreed, but Forest lost 15 players at the end of last season so there weren't many plucky heroes left to start this season with.  They had to buy in big volume just to have a squad of 25 to register.  If Steve Cooper can gel them into a team that stays up he will probably deserve Manager of the season.

Correct. I don't get the complaints about what they've done. They had hardly anyone left and had to rebuild a squad - 15 out and 20 in is not outrageous.

4 minutes ago, Sfcphilc said:

Still think Broja will move with Aubameyang heading to Chelsea..

It doesn't help him get starts, but I'd guess they still want to have a couple of strikers. I doubt they will sell him this summer.

• Like 1

Very saintsy feel about today. Failed to sign player x at the 11th hour. Sign up some unknown youth players.
Loan out two first team centre backs leaving us a bit short if we have injuries.

Preparing to be underwhelmed and concerned at a lack of experience and quality by the end of today.

Still.. ages to go yet, eh?!

Edited by BotleySaint

The major deals are yet to come is my view. Not specific to Saints but in general. Reckon there is an awful lot of money waiting to be spent in the next 7 hours. Then we'll see the dominoes start to fall and SSN will go into overdrive. The calm before the storm if you like.

14 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Yup - not worried about those two or AMN, more about the CB and Striker...

There aren’t even any links to strikers are there? As good a job as they’ve done to wouldnt be be a summer window without us leaving one crucial area short 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sfcphilc said:

A big part of me says something might happen. If we offered Chelsea £35m as we did for Gakpo then would they refuse?

I am a big Broja fan and I will be hugely disappointed if we sign him for £35mi. He has potential but not £35mi of potential based on his appearances.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tunit said:

Ralph does have a bit of a decision to make with the fullbacks now.

RB: KWP, Tino

LB: Perraud, Moussa, Larios, KWP

Try keeping all of those happy

I guess Larios is one for the future, Djenepo out of contract next summer so could Be on the move. When Livramento is fit I guess him and JWP are the preferred options 

• Like 1

Has anyone else spent long periods of the day forgetting that they're supposed to be working? I'm not talking about sneaking on here or some other platform just to check out the latest but at some points today and yesterday, I've genuinely forgot that I have a job.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

There aren’t even any links to strikers are there? As good a job as they’ve done to wouldnt be be a summer window without us leaving one crucial area short 

Yeah it's very odd, but I guess because the club have historically been pretty good at keeping stuff quiet, there might be something out the woodwork somewhere....It would be far from ideal to not sign one after all the great work we've done this summer. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, saintant said:

The major deals are yet to come is my view. Not specific to Saints but in general. Reckon there is an awful lot of money waiting to be spent in the next 7 hours. Then we'll see the dominoes start to fall and SSN will go into overdrive. The calm before the storm if you like.

I remember my first transfer deadline day. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Garner to Everton for £15m - good business for them as an area they need to strengthen. Interesting that we were obviously not interested at that price.

I think we were interested and I think we probably matched or made a better offer -  but he's from Liverpool - and maybe an Everton fan - so I think he made the decision on where he wanted to go.  

1 minute ago, Ashby Saint said:

I vaguely remember being very upset on deadline day when a transfer fell through from Notts Forest and the player went to Tottenham instead.  Can't remember if it was Andy Reid or Michael Dawson we were after that year - mid 2000s?

Nathan Tyson? I know he didn't go to Spurs but we were heavily linked with him for about a week in 2005. We were all excited about it in school and then he just disappeared off the face of the Earth.

2 minutes ago, Ashby Saint said:

I vaguely remember being very upset on deadline day when a transfer fell through from Notts Forest and the player went to Tottenham instead.  Can't remember if it was Andy Reid or Michael Dawson we were after that year - mid 2000s?

It was Reid

17 minutes ago, farawaysaint said:

I am a big Broja fan and I will be hugely disappointed if we sign him for £35mi. He has potential but not £35mi of potential based on his appearances.  

Why?? It’s not your money, I couldn’t give a shite how much we pay if  player x is what the club want! I care only that they come in and do a job. 

• Like 2