Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Whats the plan ditch the 5 at the back and play 6 at the back now - we are talking about a lot of centre back possibly incoming - I know our defence had more holes in than a sieve seems a bit excessive.......................................................or are we being radical and planning 2 banks of CB's at the back (yes I'm being silly............ but we did have our resident nutter playing at 10 on Saturday).

...sorry @skintsaint I was typing as you posted 

Edited by John Boy Saint

32 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Why?? It’s not your money, I couldn’t give a shite how much we pay if  player x is what the club want! I care only that they come in and do a job. 

Because that attitude means we complain again in 5 years that our owners are useless when we have no money to spend and players we can’t offload on long contracts.

Expecting the club to be well run is hardly ground breaking.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Will be glad if we can get Caleta-Car.  Not because I really know much about him but seems like he's suggested every single window.  I'm expecting him to be the second coming after the hype he's had.

He’s been the darling of the FM squad on here the last 5 or 6 transfer windows

on another note is he the first white player we’ve signed this window?

32 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

Why?? It’s not your money, I couldn’t give a shite how much we pay if  player x is what the club want! I care only that they come in and do a job. 

Yep. So many people say we should pay x, but not as much as y, and not sell for less than z. Really odd imo.  I'm a fan, I watch the team, and assume other people know what they're doing on the money side.

• Like 1

From The Telegraph:

Southampton secure centre-back Duje Ćaleta-Car

By Mike McGrath 

Southampton have won the race for Duje Ćaleta-Car after agreeing a fee with Marseille for the Croatia centre-back.

The 25-year-old travelled to London on the morning of transfer deadline day in the hope of a dream move to the Premier League, with West Ham also interested in a deal in case Craig Dawson departed. Jan Bednarek’s move to Aston Villa cleared the path for Southampton to make their move for Ćaleta-Car and a fee has been agreed with the player’s French club.

He is set for a medical at Southampton before the formalities of the deal are signed off later tonight. Southampton have also been looking at Wolfsburg’s Maxence Lacroix.

• Like 1