Saints 1-2 Newcastle- Match Thread

SNSUN

Have Saints really trained out all of Livramento’s desire to take someone on?

Bizarre that he’s no longer driving forward and just going backwards - it’s really held up our play.

Edited by Nemi
  • Like 4

Just now, Nemi said:

Have Saints really trained out all of Livramento’s desire to take someone on?

Bizarre that he’s no longer taking anyone on - it’s really held up our play.

Agreed. He hasn't tried to beat a man since he returned. Perhaps he is not fully sharp. Still unsure why we have changed the winning side with Perroud and KWP.

• Like 1

Just now, Chez said:

Agreed. He hasn't tried to beat a man since he returned. Perhaps he is not fully sharp. Still unsure why we have changed the winning side with Perroud and KWP.

Not me. Ralph always seems to want to shoehorn Livramento in and force KWP into his wrong position. Lacks balance. 

• Like 3

Just now, Holmes_and_Watson said:

there will come a point where play will just go on past those fallen with "cramp"

is a player has cramp, fuck him. Should just be fitter. You don't stop and wait for a player that is slower than you, so why stop for a player that is less fit?

Fixture congestion showing for us at the moment i think - i.e. we're lacking time to prepare between matches. Typical that in this instance it was caused by Newcastle skiving off a match so they could make new singings, and then two of their main signings score their first goals against us. I'm sure Ralph's pre match chat did nothing to motivate the Newcastle players mind...

Just now, Saint86 said:

Fixture congestion showing for us at the moment i think - i.e. we're lacking time to prepare between matches. Typical that in this instance it was caused by Newcastle skiving off a match so they could make new singings, and then two of their main signings score their first goals against us. I'm sure Ralph's pre match chat did nothing to motivate the Newcastle players mind...

We now have 1 more prem match in March

Well, that was shit. Second half was an absolute disaster.

We pretty much confirmed ourselves as the most streaky team, ever. We go from one extreme to the other, there's no middle ground with us. We can't seem to get results over the line when we play poorly.

There is no justice in this world though, it just had to be the two players they'd signed in January who won this game. No fairness in life I think we've all come to learn.

Onto Sunday I guess, Watford will want to bounce back though and that won't be easy. I hope we're not going in the direction I fear we are, i.e an amazing run of form followed by an absolute load of abject trash over a prolonged period, like we've done before. 

Edited by S-Clarke

Just not at it today, bit of bad luck at times but that happens.

Newcastle, predictably, won using £75m or so of Jan transfers scoring the goals, Ralph was right to complain. It's a completely different team post saudi money.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Newcastle- Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic