Saints 1-2 Newcastle- Match Thread

SNSUN

Here's the difference between a team with ambition and one happy with its lot.

Remember the strategy is to get the value of key players up to maximise their sale value, not necessarily to win games now we are safe.

Not a great showing from those though ... especially in front of their prime buyers.

Semmens will be seeing the millions drop by the minute 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've been watching the OVO stream all night (very good by the way) and I still have no idea who the co-commentator is. He sounds so like that Chef who lost loads of weight, Tom Kerridge, that I can't think that it is anyone else. I keep expecting him to start talking about Steak and Kidney pie or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CB Fry said:

I've been watching the OVO stream all night (very good by the way) and I still have no idea who the co-commentator is. He sounds so like that Chef who lost loads of weight, Tom Kerridge, that I can't think that it is anyone else. I keep expecting him to start talking about Steak and Kidney pie or something.

We thought that! Shame their players hadn’t eaten all the pies

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

don't understand that substitution. Romeu for Long? Got to try something I guess.

Needed to change something and it's either Long or Djenepo I guess. Maybe we could have brought Perraud on and stuck KWP up top, he's been our best attacker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

No one is disinterested.

We were on a good run and teams are cahnged how they defend against us. 

Agreed. The side is working hard, trying to create, but just unable to. No one looks disinterested. Just a lazy comment.

We really don’t lack individual quality. Tino kwp jwp Romeu and a bunch of them seem to all have it about them. But when it goes wrong it really goes wrong - just crumble 

In terms of individuals (outside of top 6) who would you use in place of general starting 11? 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Newcastle- Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic