Armel Bella-Kotchap - Official: Loaned to PSV

Ldnsaint

From March this year:

Armel Bella-Kotchap could leave Bochum this summer, according to Bild, who claims the 20-year-old centre-back is likely to move to England for a transfer fee of at least €10 million.

Armel Bella-Kotchap.
Armel Bella-Kotchap. Photo: VfL Bochum

VfL Bochum are reportedly prepared to sell Armel Bella-Kotchap in the summer if their asking price is met.

According to Bild, the centre-back is likely to leave the Bundesliga side for a transfer fee of at least €10 million, with the English Premier League seen as the most likely destination.

Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United, among others, have been linked with the talented central defender.

According to Bild, Bella-Kotchap wants to hold talks with Bochum in the near future to clarify his future.

"It is important to me that Bochum will get something in return, should I leave one day," he emphasized.

The German under-21 international is under contract until 2024.

Source: https://bulinews.com/news/11902/report-bochum-demand-least-10-million-for-bella-kotchap-amid-england-links

1 minute ago, SuperSAINT said:

From March this year:

Armel Bella-Kotchap could leave Bochum this summer, according to Bild, who claims the 20-year-old centre-back is likely to move to England for a transfer fee of at least €10 million.

Armel Bella-Kotchap.
Armel Bella-Kotchap. Photo: VfL Bochum

VfL Bochum are reportedly prepared to sell Armel Bella-Kotchap in the summer if their asking price is met.

According to Bild, the centre-back is likely to leave the Bundesliga side for a transfer fee of at least €10 million, with the English Premier League seen as the most likely destination.

Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United, among others, have been linked with the talented central defender.

According to Bild, Bella-Kotchap wants to hold talks with Bochum in the near future to clarify his future.

"It is important to me that Bochum will get something in return, should I leave one day," he emphasized.

The German under-21 international is under contract until 2024.

Source: https://bulinews.com/news/11902/report-bochum-demand-least-10-million-for-bella-kotchap-amid-england-links

Very saintsy

• Like 2

Got a swiss mate who is a bochum fan and he said "he is quality, agressive, goodish with the ball at his feet and has pace, played a lot this year.

Expect him to make mistakes as he is young but expect him to be very good over the long run".

Here is a scout report i just found as well - seems exactly what I was saying needs to happen - defenders can push up and condense the play to win the ball back easier.

"Bochum, under head coach Thomas Reis, always try to squeeze the game. They push up the pitch and pressure the ball to win it back as quickly as possible, before transitioning into fast and direct attacks. That proactive approach suits Bella-Kotchap as the excellent front-foot defender that he is".

His first instinct is to press up onto and engage the immediate threat, and he reads and reacts to developing situations quickly. Bella-Kotchap is very good at stepping up to intercept passes, pressure the receiver’s touch, or disrupt their next action. He overwhelms attackers in physical duels, cutting in ahead of them to intercept a pass, wrapping one of his long legs around them to disrupt their touch, and hulking over them to power into headers."

https://www.scoutedftbl.com/best-young-football-players/armel-bella-kotchap/

Edited by Convict Colony
added more from the scout report
  • Like 3

Just now, skintsaint said:

Sounds like another Salisu...maybe his replacement? 🙄

I generally thought that Salisu was better when he was the deeper of the two, watching runners and using his pace to snuf out attacks rather than a front foot head-to-the-ball type.

Two of them could be our new Svensson and Lundekvam.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Got a swiss mate who is a bochum fan and he said "he is quality, agressive, goodish with the ball at his feet and has pace, played a lot this year.

Expect him to make mistakes as he is young but expect him to be very good over the long run".

Here is a scout report i just found as well

That's a given with our defenders .

Come back to the same point though, no matter how good he and Salisu are, and their 'limitless' potential... we need an older experienced head in the team, and especially at the back.

7 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Here is a scout report i just found as well - seems exactly what I was saying needs to happen - defenders can push up and condense the play to win the ball back easier.

"Bochum, under head coach Thomas Reis, always try to squeeze the game. They push up the pitch and pressure the ball to win it back as quickly as possible, before transitioning into fast and direct attacks. That proactive approach suits Bella-Kotchap as the excellent front-foot defender that he is".

His first instinct is to press up onto and engage the immediate threat, and he reads and reacts to developing situations quickly. Bella-Kotchap is very good at stepping up to intercept passes, pressure the receiver’s touch, or disrupt their next action. He overwhelms attackers in physical duels, cutting in ahead of them to intercept a pass, wrapping one of his long legs around them to disrupt their touch, and hulking over them to power into headers."

Sounds Salisu-esque

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Apparently we are open to offers for Bednerak and Stephens.. So it wouldn't surprise me if we Shift both and bring in two CBS this summer.

Having a back central 3 of Bazunu, Salisu and ABK is very exciting as they all clearly have high potential.  Would be very nervous going with it this season without more experienced options just in case.

If you were to describe a CB we needed for our system, you'd pretty much describe that video of this guy. I don't like reading too much into youtube videos as they can be jazzed up, but he does look like he ticks every single box we could actually ask for.

No, he's not experienced, but his potential is huge and that's the model we're going for.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Sounds like another Salisu...maybe his replacement? 🙄

31 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

Sounds Salisu-esque

31 minutes ago, Appy said:

Hopefully doesn’t mean we have to wait 8-9 months for him to play 

I'm still waiting for the Salisu joining photoshoot.... #neverhappened

• Haha 1

It’s weird signing players who come with very high reviews (Bazunu and this centre-back). I’m too used to Lyanco esque signings, where we get to read all about how nobody rates him. Exciting start to the summer for sure. As I said yesterday, this is the first summer in nine years where we’ve signed players before July.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

It’s weird signing players who come with very high reviews (Bazunu and this centre-back). I’m too used to Lyanco esque signings, where we get to read all about how nobody rates him. Exciting start to the summer for sure. As I said yesterday, this is the first summer in nine years where we’ve signed players before July.

Didn't realise that - wow. You do know mlg will be salivating as he fact checks this statement don't you?

A comment on one of the pop up sites. Very raw but will learn from Saint's experienced defenders, Bednarek and Salisu etc. There was I thinking that they were the problem. 22 BL games only. What we need is a couple of mature leaders, solid defenders and ball winners both on the deck and in the air. No slowcoaches please.

• Like 1

We seem to be taking a bit of a Leipzig approach, and having two mobile but inexperienced defenders who aren’t afraid to put a foot in didn’t hurt them too much with Upamecano and Konate together. Excited for this one, hope he settles quickly cos we need it!

From someone on Reddit:

Rentsch who is the most reliable VfL Bochum reporter just confirmed this, Bella-Kotchap is definitely going to southampton.

He is incredibly good, absolutely fantastic. I moved to Bochum and watched him all season, hes been quite unlucky with some silly own goals and also a character off the pitch but when hes fully focused which is most of the time he is so unbelievably good.

His games against Leipzig and Bayern were phenomenal, he is tall, quick, fantastic on the ball, and super young so he has a lot of potential.

For the low sum Bochum are asking for (around 10 million) this is a no-brainer and a fantastic deal for southampton

Just now, Midfield_General said:

Exciting. Anyone know the logic behind such a low fee if he’s considered to have this much potential? 9-10m seems like nothing in this market. Did he only have a year left? 

Release clause I think

• Like 1

It genuinely sounds like he's got everything we want in a CB, a right sided Salisu.

One of the most important things about playing the way we play is having the players capable of doing it, you could argue that Ralph doesn't seem to know how to play another way but that's another argument. At least it seems like the club are properly backing him with players who totally suit the philosophy and he won't have to try and hang out Bednarek and Stephens to play in this team.

Having mobile and quick defenders is so important against the transition, something we remember all too often last season with Bednarek being turned.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Armel Bella-Kotchap - Official: Loaned to PSV