Tyler Dibling

Dusic

1 minute ago, SaintsLoyal said:

I do hope we dont end up losing some of these up and cumming players, especialy to Newcastle who can now buy the best players in the world and these young players will not get a lookin apart from the odd cup game.

Say what now?

• Haha 12

3 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

I do hope we dont end up losing some of these up and cumming players, especialy to Newcastle who can now buy the best players in the world and these young players will not get a lookin apart from the odd cup game.

Newcastle just doing what all the other rich clubs have done - city, liverpool, chelsea etc, buying the best players on the market at both junior and senior ends

I think the only way to compete on the wages other teams would pay is to give him huge bonuses everytime he plays above his age group, eg for the u23s, more if he makes the match day squad and even more if he gets on the pitch. Show him that he can make money and progress his career with us. 

15 minutes ago, redkeith said:

I think the only way to compete on the wages other teams would pay is to give him huge bonuses everytime he plays above his age group, eg for the u23s, more if he makes the match day squad and even more if he gets on the pitch. Show him that he can make money and progress his career with us. 

If we wanted to pay him £6.5k pw we could but I'd imagine they have a strict pay structure for this age group for non financial reasons. Insane being offered that sort of money before he's even able to sign a pro contract 

19 minutes ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

Do you have a son the same age as Tyler ?

Yes, but I'm sure quite a few other people do too.

My son isn't in Saints Academy. Although if he'd spent more time practicing football rather than guitar he possibly could have been.

I'll just have to put up with him headlining Glastonbury rather than playing pro football 😂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Yes, but I'm sure quite a few other people do too.

My son isn't in Saints Academy. Although if he'd spent more time practicing football rather than guitar he possibly could have been.

I'll just have to put up with him headlining Glastonbury rather than playing pro football 😂

Stoneham ?

11 minutes ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

Stoneham ?

Nope.

Played for Southampton Schoolboys and the Sholing team who won league, Hampshire Cup, Tyro cup and then broke up after U15's.

If you have a son who played for Sarisbury at the same age group then I'm still bitter about how they cheated them out of the league at U14's 😂

Sounds like we will know soon but from this and The Cat I'm guessing he won't be on the list and is moving somewhere else.

Hopefully not Morgan too.

Edited by Dusic

1 hour ago, Dusic said:

Sounds like we will know soon but from this and The Cat I'm guessing he won't be on the list and is moving somewhere else.

Hopefully not Morgan too.

I think Morgan is staying. 

16 minutes ago, Katalinic said:

I'm still hearing he is off too.

If all he cares about is money then fair enough. But looks a mistake from a footballing perspective. If he's as good as rumoured, then he'd likely play for saints this season - after that anything can happen, including a much bigger move that includes game time. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Saint86 said:

If all he cares about is money then fair enough. But looks a mistake from a footballing perspective. If he's as good as rumoured, then he'd likely play for saints this season - after that anything can happen, including a much bigger move that includes game time. 

The thing is, if he goes to Newcastle on 7k a week for 3 years + sign of fee’s etc., then he’s pretty much set for life, regardless of what happens (providing he doesn’t spunk it all)

He could easily stay here on presumably half or less than half of that, and pick up a career ending injury and/or never make the first team. 

I don’t think you can blame him, to be honest. 

• Like 1

On 03/07/2022 at 20:12, Dman said:

The thing is, if he goes to Newcastle on 7k a week for 3 years + sign of fee’s etc., then he’s pretty much set for life, regardless of what happens (providing he doesn’t spunk it all)

He could easily stay here on presumably half or less than half of that, and pick up a career ending injury and/or never make the first team. 

I don’t think you can blame him, to be honest. 

Hate to disappoint but 1m gross is hardly "set for life" these days, though it might seem to some.

23 hours ago, suewhistle said:

Better than leaving uni owing 40 grand or so.

Agree totally, but a million (gross) over 3 years is not all that it is cracked up to be. Imagine how much of that would actually be left after 3 years as a teenager, can't live the rest of your life on the interest of diddly squat. Bear in mind also that he would earn a fair proportion of that if he stayed put, it's not a million extra. To be honest he would be badly advised to move to Newcastle at this stage in his career, it's not like he will be guaranteed first team football or anything, and no European possibilities at least for a year, so he will just be kicking about in the u21 league division 2. If he is as good as it seems surely Man  City or Chelsea would hoover him up and he would at least get to play in UEFA.

Edited by VectisSaint

On 06/07/2022 at 14:38, VectisSaint said:

Agree totally, but a million (gross) over 3 years is not all that it is cracked up to be. Imagine how much of that would actually be left after 3 years as a teenager, can't live the rest of your life on the interest of diddly squat. Bear in mind also that he would earn a fair proportion of that if he stayed put, it's not a million extra. To be honest he would be badly advised to move to Newcastle at this stage in his career, it's not like he will be guaranteed first team football or anything, and no European possibilities at least for a year, so he will just be kicking about in the u21 league division 2. If he is as good as it seems surely Man  City or Chelsea would hoover him up and he would at least get to play in UEFA.

Jeez, how much pocket money did you spend as a teenager?? 

On 06/07/2022 at 17:38, VectisSaint said:

But assuming they aren't interested, then all those things that you say make Newcastle a bad option apply to us too. It's not like he's going to start 20 games for us next season, so he might as well earn more money, and maybe they will loan him to a Champ team.

It's a shame if some if our best young players move on but it's not worth worrying about too much. There are plenty of top rated players at u18 level that end up not being anywhere near as good as expected and if we were confident of his ability already he probably would have started a few matches.

Not in the list of scholars so seems clear he is leaving.

No point dressing it up, its a big blow for the academy seeing as he is a massive talent and has already been on the bench for the first team aged 16.

Any compensation will be minimal vs his potential.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dusic said:

Not in the list of scholars so seems clear he is leaving.

No point dressing it up, its a big blow for the academy seeing as he is a massive talent and has already been on the bench for the first team aged 16.

Any compensation will be minimal vs his potential.

This is very true, but on the plus side, we've done well to hold onto others.

Brexit has played a part in making elite, young, domestic talents an even more precious commodity than they already were.  I think there's no doubt that 14/15 year olds are now being picked off by larger sides now (even less compo is due then).

It's more expensive, but I quite like our policy of getting them in once they've seen they can't play, post-academy. (assuming they are brave enough to jump).

Edited by SuperSAINT

A question for anyone that watches/follows the academy closely is Dibbling really as good as everyone is making out. I only ask as I loosely follow the academy & women's team and before the hatrick against Newcastle I'd not heard of him. Clearly talented by the looks of the hatrick but wondering if people/press have jumped on the bandwagon somewhat. 

3 minutes ago, westmidlandsaint said:

A question for anyone that watches/follows the academy closely is Dibbling really as good as everyone is making out. I only ask as I loosely follow the academy & women's team and before the hatrick against Newcastle I'd not heard of him. Clearly talented by the looks of the hatrick but wondering if people/press have jumped on the bandwagon somewhat. 

As a general rule, look for kids playing above their age groups. He was playing for the 18’s at 15 before he had a scholarship.  Then banged 3 at U23 level. Then made the first team bench.

Very good.

Chelsea have been very active in the youth market again this summer and just signed a top talent who was at Brighton.

Wouldn't be surpised to see Dibling there.

Easily the best recent record of bringing through top players from their academy, and wouldnt have to relocate hundreds of miles away.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Chelsea have been very active in the youth market again this summer and just signed a top talent who was at Brighton.

Wouldn't be surpised to see Dibling there.

Easily the best recent record of bringing through top players from their academy, and wouldnt have to relocate hundreds of miles away.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, westmidlandsaint said:

Do you know if he is going somewhere else? 

If he was staying he would have been announced with the other scholars a few days ago so it's safe to say the answer to your question is yes.

If he goes to Chelsea it’s a purely money motivated move with little to do with footballing prospects for both sides of the deal. 

Chelsea have a great business model in developing and selling young players without ever playing them consistently. We’ve benefited from it! So if it’s true and he goes there, he’ll know this and know his chances of a Prem start for them are slim-to-none, and they’ll know they’ll make a decent profit in a few years. 

Edited by RobM

On 03/07/2022 at 18:12, Saint86 said:

Isn't that the reason anyone goes to work?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobM said:

If he goes to Chelsea it’s a purely money motivated move with little to do with footballing prospects for both sides of the deal. 

Chelsea have a great business model in developing and selling young players without ever playing them consistently. We’ve benefited from it! So if it’s true and he goes there, he’ll know this and know his chances of a Prem start for them are slim-to-none, and they’ll know they’ll make a decent profit in a few years. 

Your post contradicts itself… you say it’s just for money, then say Chelsea are great at developing young talent!  

I think any young player should be aiming to join Chelsea or Man City.  They’ve got the best coaches at that level and the volume of top level players they produce is much higher than average clubs.  Throw in the greater wage packet and it’s a no brainier.  And when they’re 18-21 clubs like Saints will buy them so they get 1st team football

We still haven’t produced a first teamer from the academy since Shaw…. 

Edited by Barsiem
  • Like 1