Tyler Dibling

Dusic

30 minutes ago, HKsaint said:

No worry, we will be able to get them back for £10.5m fee or on loan later. 

And if we can't get Beech back, maybe one day in the future we can get the son of a Beech.

🤪

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Did we have a choice?

I thought there was a compensation process for youth players though? Everton wanted £5m for small, we offered £1.5m, and the final amount will be somewhere in between - although I don't know what was finally agreed?

So if we have sold beech for crica £250k it's dissapointing surely? This is the best youth batch we've had through the system since we've recovered from the administration and league 1 years, we need to be getting something meaningful for them, although if dibling is as good as rumoured it still won't be ebough. Also a danger of setting an accepted precident/trend if we have our best academy youngsters poached each year for limited compensation. 

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-everton-respond-to-seven-figure-southampton-bid-for-thierry-small/

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

I thought there was a compensation process for youth players though? Everton wanted £5m for small, we offered £1.5m, and the final amount will be somewhere in between - although I don't know what was finally agreed?

So if we have sold beech for crica £250k it's dissapointing surely? This is the best youth batch we've had through the system since we've recovered from the administration and league 1 years, we need to be getting something meaningful for them! 

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-everton-respond-to-seven-figure-southampton-bid-for-thierry-small/

I was under the impression Beach wasn’t all that tbh and we weren’t that bothered about him going. Could be wrong though

If he is really good enough for Chelsea he will maybe play a handful of games by the time he is 20/21 whereas here those handful of games could come this season or next then in the the squad every week by 18. I'd know what I'd rather choose if I was good enough 

10 hours ago, Saint IQ said:

If he is really good enough for Chelsea he will maybe play a handful of games by the time he is 20/21 whereas here those handful of games could come this season or next then in the the squad every week by 18. I'd know what I'd rather choose if I was good enough 

Are you sure? It's not like Ralph has shown much faith in our youth. Smallbone and Tella have both had a handful of games since they turned 20, but I think RH is more conservative than you might think. Not youth-related, but the decision to play Long ahead of Armstrong at the tail end of the season doesn't speak of a manager who gambles on the unknown all that much.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Saint IQ said:

For an outfield player maybe. Isn't Beech is a goalkeeper though? It's fairly unusual for a goalkeeper to get any topflight experience at that sort of age unless they're really exceptional. It seems a low compensation fee in the current climate, which is disappointing, and I'd assume any youngster that Chelsea are signing would be highly thought of but maybe they've signed him to make up numbers which can be the case for goalkeepers?

Although would assume he's not shite and can't remember us ever bringing a decent goalkeeper though your youth set up so seems a shame to have lost him if he has potential.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Seems cheap for someone i've seen described as our best prospect since Bale. Do we get any kind of sell on with these youth transfers? Pleased it isn't bloody money united though.

Edited by Saint86

24 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Swings and roundabouts. Tyler Dybling and £3.5m for Tino Livramento? Yes please. 

If he turns into a superstar we’ll buy him back in 2024/5 when he gets bored waiting for his chance behind Mason Mount and ten other midfielders. 

Good luck to the lad. 

31 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Seems cheap for someone i've seen described as our best prospect since Bale. Do we get any kind of sell on with these youth transfers? Pleased it isn't bloody money united though.

It’s quite a high fee in youth terms - probably helped by his first team bench experience.  It’s a shame but there’s not much you can do. We’ve done well to only lose one.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

It’s quite a high fee in youth terms - probably helped by his first team bench experience.  It’s a shame but there’s not much you can do. We’ve done well to only lose one.

Do you know how much we paid for Small in the end? Struggled to find a definitive answer, I thought the lowest it would be was around £1.5m, with Everton seeking £3m-£5m?

Perhaps it doesn’t work that way in reality, but you would think this deal may have been used as a sweetener for us to sign Broja on a permanent contract. Disappointing that we’ve not managed to leverage something with that unless all our eggs are in the Delap basket of course?

6 hours ago, Saint86 said:

IIRC Man City took Max Alleyne from us last summer for the same amount: £1.5m.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Firstly, I hope all is well for Tyler. I think his return is a great opportunity for us. I always got Jack Grealish vibes from him (not just because of the socks 😅). I'm hoping to see some first-team appearances for him this season.

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 8

53 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Really weird. Depending on the circumstances he might need to eat a bit of humble pie when coming back to his teammates.

Disagree - I would hope he is welcomed back with open arms as that seems to be the type of club we are.  Tough for a 16 year old lad to move with all the pressure of big bucks - particularly if he is shy.  Much better that he realized he had made a mistake and address it rather than being miserable and perhaps drifting out of football.

Hopefully SFC can protect him and gradually bring him in as sounds like he is a real talent.

I certainly hope that he, Ballard, Doyle and others get a chance at playing for the first team this season.

• Like 6

Fair play to the lad. I'm sure the appeal of Chelsea/City is become less so with how obvious it is becoming of the limited chances these lads receive. Tyler would've almost certainly featured against Cambridge for example, whilst he was bedding in at Chelsea and realising just how far down the pecking order he was likely to be.

Sounds like Chelsea worked with Saints as soon as it become apparent, so fair play to them on that. Hopefully he can be a good influence to our other youngsters, when they are having the lure dangled in front of them.

• Like 4

Maybe he was just happier being close to his family, home and his mates. Good to see the lad realised that some things are more important than money, I'd presume but I don't know, that Chelsea's academy set up is bigger than ours? Maybe a bit overwhelming for him. 

• Like 2

Given it was for personal reasons, i just hope everything is okay on the private side of his life.

If it reflects his own mental well being, then good for him. I know of plenty of people in life who've made a move, it wasn't what they've expected/wanted, and then they are welcomed back. Tends to build relationships well for both parties and instils trust and confidence going forward. Hopefully this is what has happened in this instance and we've got a very exciting player on our books for years to come.

• Like 2