January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

4 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Gotta say he looks amazing from the videos .. absolutely superb dribbling with pace and glides past players.. quite a rare skill set for a central mid riquelme with pace ;)

Absolutely this. Looks like Alcaraz has got everything, lethal in the air too 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Absolutely this. Looks like Alcaraz has got everything, lethal in the air too 

the quality of that league looks absolute shit, so hard to tell along with that Moffi guy if he’s any good. also at 5ft 9 I think he’ll be lethal in the air only when unmarked. 

Just now, pimpin4rizeal said:

This put me off 

Maeda has been a key man for Ange Postecoglou this season despite some criticism of his finishing and decision-making and he was the only Celtic player named in the Japan squad,”

if he’s getting criticism on finishing and decision making in Scotland it’s a no from me :)

Unlike Adams who gets criticism for his decision making and finishing all the time but plays every game?

3 hours ago, Harry_SFC said:

Racing fans seem to think he is massively overrated and would snap our hands off for €10 million. They don't like him at all.

Reminds me of the Torino fans when Lyanco joined us...

don't like the sound of that. 

Do you know what position he plays for them. If we are going to play someone in the hole, like we did yesterday, I'd like it to be someone that is lot more dynamic than Aribo was.

52 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

This put me off 

Maeda has been a key man for Ange Postecoglou this season despite some criticism of his finishing and decision-making and he was the only Celtic player named in the Japan squad,”

if he’s getting criticism on finishing and decision making in Scotland it’s a no from me :)

Sorry I’ve got to disagree. We need players who will fit in……….any player that has poor decision making and finishing should be right at home with our lot!!

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, goodymatt said:

18 hours ago, davefizzy14 said:

30m is too much for me. I still think Beto is our primary target.

Don't think Moffi looks worth that sort of money from the youtube clips, however reliable that can be. He looks a bit of a 'bulldozer' though. Beto on the other hand looked impressive, the film shown reminded me of Cyrille Regis when he first burst onto the scene. Trouble being I suspect Udinese are difficult to deal with.

Edited by Badger
  • Like 2

Joel Piroe seems to be in decent form, scoring four in the last five games. Scored a lot of very good goals last season for Swansea. Looked accomplished. Not seen any links to him yet in this window, which is slightly surprising, although not scored as many goals this time round.

3 hours ago, Dman said:

Fair enough, happy to hold my hands up and appologise. 

From where I was, it seemed like nothing, but sometimes they can be the worst. 

Let’s hope it’s not too serious 

From where I was I heard him scream in agony. I’m not entirely sure what happened but he got a big shove in the back and his leg(s) seemed to jar as he was trying to resist be shoved into touch.

On 06/01/2023 at 17:25, Convict Colony said:

Just been looking through the Argentinan papers https://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-primera/racing-carlosalcaraz-benfica_0_mhUpSpAGmc.html

And they say with Alcazar that Benfica/Wolves and Us are interested and have contacted his agent to understand his conditions etc. Apparently though nothing further has come from Benfica yet (depends on Enzo Fernandes i guess) but Racing are demanding 15m euro's or 13.2m GBP for the player.

Seems doable but the only question i have is if we buy this player is as its the off season down there how fit is he or are we going to have another 6 weeks before he's EPL fit.

Come on saints let's not fuck about.

This was from the journo with good links at Racing.

If they want 15m euros just offer 13m and 2 in bonuses, why do we always go in with a piss take offer, has it ever worked.

We're still trying to shop in the sub-£15m bracket which won't get us a quality striker. If they're actually capable of playing in the Premier League, we'll need to fork out another £10m on top especially in January.

Edited by Disco Stu

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

We're still trying to shop in the sub-£15m bracket which won't get us a quality striker. €15m or £13.2m for a clubs key striker halfway through the season? If they're actually capable of playing in the Premier League, we'll need to fork out another €10m on top.

That Japanese lad for Brighton cost them about £3m and he completely tore us apart the other day. There’s still value out there, and there’s plenty of shite that have cost a lot of money. I just want good players, I don’t care how much they cost. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

From where I was I heard him scream in agony. I’m not entirely sure what happened but he got a big shove in the back and his leg(s) seemed to jar as he was trying to resist be shoved into touch.

This is what I thought I saw. He had an opportunity to be `strong' (to protect the ball as it was near the touchline) and withstand the shoulder barge that was obviously coming, but for some reason he didn't `set' himself and `brace for that impact', he was thus kind of surprised at the shoulder barge and it knocked him off his balance. Where it occurred, the grass becomes astroturf (where the managers reside) almost immediately and perhaps because he was wearing studs, he slipped on it slightly, which caused his knee to lock/twist. It was pretty innocuous, but you could see it was a nasty one. He grimaced and immediately held his knee. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. I said at the time `he might have done his cruciate there'.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/armel-bella-kotchap-injury-update-7995627

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

That Japanese lad for Brighton cost them about £3m and he completely tore us apart the other day. There’s still value out there, and there’s plenty of shite that have cost a lot of money. I just want good players, I don’t care how much they cost. 

That Japanese lad was signed in the summer window and given a season long loan in the Bundesliga before he was deemed ready. He was a gamble they could afford to take.

A player with a good track record in a strong league will come at a premium in January and that's what we require.

Edited by Disco Stu

13 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Come on saints let's not fuck about.

If they want 15m euros just offer 13m and 2 in bonuses, why do we always go in with a piss take offer, has it ever worked.

let's not go through this `how to negotiate a football transfer' thing again. Whoever handles the transfers at the club was able to come to agreement on terms with PSV for Gakpo. They seem to know what they are doing in that regard. If you have evidence that their `tightfistedness or amateur negotiations' have cost us a transfer, let me know, otherwise maybe give this `how to it' line a rest?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chez said:

let's not go through this `how to negotiate a football transfer' thing again. Whoever handles the transfers at the club was able to come to agreement on terms with PSV for Gakpo. They seem to know what they are doing in that regard. If you have evidence that their `tightfistedness or amateur negotiations' have cost us a transfer, let me know, otherwise maybe give this `how to it' line a rest?

Time being wasted Chez for players we need asap, its not a money critique, let's cut out our normal foreplay and get stuck in.

14 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Bournemouth in for Weston Mckenie, we were after him before he went to Juventus. Would certainly solve a few midfield issues we have. €18m is the fee Juventus want 

We should be all over this.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Time being wasted Chez for players we need asap, its not a money critique, let's cut out our normal foreplay and get stuck in.

we all know the buyer doesn't control the speed of these things, yet on here its our management that are useless if things don't happen yesterday.

I just can't get worked up about the speed of a deal for a player I don't know and don't know will work out. I care more about the quality of player than the speed they arrive.

27 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Bournemouth in for Weston Mckenie, we were after him before he went to Juventus. Would certainly solve a few midfield issues we have. €18m is the fee Juventus want 

I recall the talk about him, but is he actually any good?

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Don’t know much about him other than he’s about 5 foot tall and ran around a lot in the World Cup. 

From memory he was ok but nothing special. Would be a good squad filler for a mid to lower table team (i.e. Bournemoutn) but not someone who will set the league on fire. 

31 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Juve have had issues with him in the past re his attitude and behaviour. He's also has weight problems due to his snacking 😂. Sounds like an american Lemina, no thanks

1 minute ago, Chez said:

was shit at the world cup imo but 9 times out of 10, like someone said on on the forum before, if you get these players from top clubs currently on low form for a cheap price (around 15 mil for him) they are the players that will do us good having been playing previously with higher quality. id definitely sign him up, where’s Jones in laws/ wife on here so we can recommend? 

• Confused 1