January 2023 Transfer Window

mcbendy

Orr the manager picked the right team to nullify Zaha, so did a good job with team selection?

Hasn’t KWP recently come back from a long injury. Same with Lavia - liklely why they aren’t playing every minute of every match.

I mean, KWP may be off, but credit to Jones he got it right on Saturday.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, a1ex2001 said:

The manager seems to prefer Lyanco at right back!

I read somewhere that the medical team didn't want KWP involved on Saturday. If so, it seems that Lyanco was covering, and he did ok.

On KWP going to spurs. I'd have a deal with them if it meant Doherty and a chunk of cash coming this way. He'd add some experience at the back, and his height would help. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Or perhaps he’s utilising his squad to protect key players for critical EPL matches? Makes sense really.

You'd like to think this is the case, but not sure many would credit Jones with that level of nous at the moment 😅

• Haha 2

Regarding the KWP rumours, they even said on the stream I watched at the weekend that he’s not signed a new contract yet.

I suppose some are putting one and one together.

I personally think he will go in the summer as he’s too valuable at the moment and we need cover at right back plus I personally think we are more solid with KWP at left back.

JWP hasn’t signed a new contract for just over a year. He must be on his way out as well. 🤦🏻‍♂️

As the above poster said; I think some are putting two and two together and getting five.

I would be surprised if KWP was still here next season but I don’t see us losing any of our stronger players until then.

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

JWP hasn’t signed a new contract for just over a year. He must be on his way out as well. 🤦🏻‍♂️

As the above poster said; I think some are putting two and two together and getting five.

I would be surprised if KWP was still here next season but I don’t see us losing any of our stronger players until then.

If salisu doesn't want to sign a new contract then i could still see him being sold. Once we hit the summer he is in his final year and his value will plummet.

Edited by Saint86

On 04/10/2022 at 13:20, SambaMaverick said:

Danny Ings, six-month loan, pay his wages, bosh, done.

Providing Gerrard hasn't been sacked by then and his replacement doesn't wise up to the fact that he's a much better player than Watkins.

Any other striker and we'd be paying through the nose and risking a Carrillo-lite situation.

Ings doesn’t want to come. Next. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, revolution saint said:

I remember when Mckennie was first linked to us a couple of years ago. The Athletic reporter, Carl Anka said he wasn’t worth it and that Harrison Reed was better. Always watched out for him since then and hasn’t struck me as anything special. Very workmanlike and that’s about it. Been linked with premier league clubs every window but telling that it’s never happened. 

I thought McKennie was probably the best player on the pitch in USA vs Netherlands, looked great at winning the ball and driving forward with it and nearly every time he did it started a decent usa attack..he is powerfull and gets you up the pitch which is something we lack 

actually think he would be the perfect solution to our midfield . A powerfull mobile physical mf who can drive forward with ball is something we could really do with 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

On McKennie he seems to be one of those players that moves to or gets linked with big clubs but isn’t that successful or sticks around long for some reason, similar to Rabiot or Morata. 

Or Lemina...

Screams to me that there is a decent player in there, but no-one has been able to consistently get it out of him, no idea if thats due to attitude/application or coaching. 

He could be a great signing for someone, and a decent option on loan, but I certainly wouldn't want Saints spunking €40m on him.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Or Lemina...

Screams to me that there is a decent player in there, but no-one has been able to consistently get it out of him, no idea if thats due to attitude/application or coaching. 

He could be a great signing for someone, and a decent option on loan, but I certainly wouldn't want Saints spunking €40m on him.

Yeh there must be reasons why clubs keep buying these players but it’s hard to see it most of the time 

Morata has had clubs pay a total of 189 million Euros for him but has only managed to hit a 20 goal season twice in his career and he’s 30, and both times it was only just 20 goals in all comps. Yet he’s played for Real, Chelsea, Athletico, and Juve 

Edited by tajjuk

17 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Welcome to 2023! Ralph has been sacked - but unfortunately we are rock bottom of the league... I'd advise against watching the games you've missed xx

Just bringing you up to speed on quashed rumours from a week or so back

1 minute ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Thought I read somewhere Jackson was out injured for 3 weeks...

certainly missed the game against Madrid, perhaps due to injury, perhaps due to the transfer. If it's not either of those things, I wonder if this relates to the fall out with the manager. I hope he hasn't chosen a tactical injury and we sign a player that causes us an issue down the line. If its a loan then maybe those type of fears are irrelevant. I'm hoping he can provides some similar threat as Broja did, with the ability to turn and show pace and power.

1 hour ago, DT said:

Keane and Akpom, reckons someone on Twitter. '100%'

I hope not, both would be very poor. 

Why do we even need more centre-backs when we have Salisu, ABK, Lyanco and Djuleta-Car? Plus we shoved Bednerak and Stephens out on loan? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I've heard there is a medical booked for tomorrow morning, but no idea who it is. I really hope it isn't Akpom or Keane.

Jackson possibly? Would’ve thought a loan signing when he’s not wanted at his club is the easiest deal to get done.

4 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I've heard there is a medical booked for tomorrow morning, but no idea who it is. I really hope it isn't Akpom or Keane.

the Keane deal will perhaps be the most straightforward. Everton don't want him, we obviously do. I suspect Everton want to sell, but are not daft and know that isn't going to happen, so will be happy to lose the wages, which wont be small. 

Villarreal are maybe happy to get rid of Jackson, due to a fall out with the manager (mentioned on here), so I'd of thought that might be next, with Alcaraz perhaps the trickiest. Jackson didn't play against Madrid, so maybe that deal is done and he's across for medical?

The Argentinian season finished a while back, so perhaps we have been negotiating that deal since then, fingers crossed, as don't imagine that will be quick to conclude - they never seem to be.I have zero knowledge about the current UK work permit rules. Jackson has a couple of Senegal caps (hopefully Mane put a good word in for us) which will help. Alcaraz is uncapped. Anyone able to provide insight as to what is required these days?

2 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Jackson possibly? Would’ve thought a loan signing when he’s not wanted at his club is the easiest deal to get done.

Typical Saints, sign a wide player who is out injured.

Linked with a 20yr old Argentinian when apparently we need experience not youth.

Sign another championship striker when you thought we would of learnt our lesson based on the last 2.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, northam soul said:

Typical Saints, sign a wide player who is out injured.

Linked with a 20yr old Argentinian when apparently we need experience not youth.

Sign another championship striker when you thought we would of learnt our lesson based on the last 2.

Is it too early to prepare for championship?

Tanswell on TSP said Jackon's injury wouldn't be an issue and seemed to think it was very close, loan with an option.

Keane would surely wait til after we have played Everton.

Obviously when it first came out about Akpom being of interest it seemed odd, but watching some of his recent goals and assists for Boro he does actually look like a good player (not just a goalscorer). Imagine he is seen as probably a more realistic option to Moffi price wise. Obviously not a signing that screams staying up ambition but wonder if anyone who is slagging him has ever seen anything of him?

Edited by Dusic