Saints 2-1 Lincoln City - Match Thread

CB Fry

20 hours ago, DT said:

We beat Bournemouth 2-0 in a closed friendly apparently. Good. We may now win the premier league. 

Is that the only friendly we've played? 

I've not really been following along but noticed on Reddit that many clubs had a few games. Would be strange if having just got a new manager we didn't try out his preferred formation/tactics/lineup etc.

40 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Is that the only friendly we've played? 

I've not really been following along but noticed on Reddit that many clubs had a few games. Would be strange if having just got a new manager we didn't try out his preferred formation/tactics/lineup etc.

I believe were were rumoured to have lost to Bristol City and beat a barca youth side.

12 hours ago, Saint86 said:

I believe were were rumoured to have lost to Bristol City and beat a barca youth side.

Yes, but consider the Bristol City Match timing. it was Bristol City's Last game before the Championship restarted. it was days after Southampton had got back to training, before the Spain trip and without Salisu and Bella-Kotchap.

So what we thinking re team then…struggling to remember who plays for us…! See no real reason to rotate or play players that aren’t first choice, so strongest XI please. Poss DCC starts instead of one of the WC boys. 4-3-3/3-5-2? 

Bazunu; KWP ABK Salisu Perraud; Lavia; JWP AMN; Armstrong Adams Armstrong

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JRM said:

Looks like there's no trains after the game back to Winchester/ London or going West, there definitely were when I looked a couple of weeks ago, SWR must have sneakily changed the timetable 

The only train after the match west bound is direct to Bournemouth at 22.45 and like you say no Waterloo direction trains.

20 minutes ago, M271 said:

The only train after the match west bound is direct to Bournemouth at 22.45 and like you say no Waterloo direction trains.

Not sure when that changed, there were trains scheduled for tonight when I looked a week or so ago 

3 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

Starting 11:

Macca, Kwp, CC, Gorilla, Chim chimmeny chim chimmeny chim chim cheroo who needs ryan bertrand when we’ve got Perraud, shithouse (c), Lavia, Hairs fine, AA battery, Gold, Che 

Subs:

Walcott

Ballard

Willy

Mara

Elyouseless

Diallo

Can’t remember any more

Who is Gorilla and how did they earn that nickname?

57 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Think it's being shown on US TV so there may be a stream

I've read elsewhere it's on 'down-under' - beIN in Aus, Sky in NZ, so should be a stream.

They're 2 places below those plucky-little-portsea-island-promotion-fucker-uppers in the third division - on another day, c'mon Lincoln.

6 hours ago, Nolan said:

Yes, but consider the Bristol City Match timing. it was Bristol City's Last game before the Championship restarted. it was days after Southampton had got back to training, before the Spain trip and without Salisu and Bella-Kotchap.

Its just a friendly! No need to get defensive about it... not unless its really bad. The Robins' result is understandable imo. Important one is beating Bournemouth - hopefully a good marker against a good strength side.

4 hours ago, Nolan said:

Remember Evening Parking charges are back in force in Council Car Parks.

I'm intending on parking in the West Quay Retail Park (Britannia Parking) - charges to 8pm and then free but you can also get 60min free parking from 7pm. Would just need to buy a ticket up to 8 if parking up before 7.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs Lincoln City - Match Thread

After the World Cup break, I'd like to think we will go near enough full strength for this game. A big opportunity for us to get to the Quarter Finals in Nathan Jones's first home game. Getting vital minutes under the players belts as well as getting some good momentum ahead of the game on Boxing day. 3-0 to us Adam Armstrong, Prowsey and Aribo to score - COYR :)

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-1 Lincoln City - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic