Fulham 2-1 Saints - Match Thread

Edmonton Saint

8 minutes ago, saints-cris said:

If we have a really good weeks training, Jones is able to get more time to get his ideas across, actually picks the right team, we may only lose 2-0.

COYR

Jones has had 8 weeks to get his ideas across leading to that shitshow yesterday. I doubt a few more days will make much difference.

• Sad 1

After yesterdays wake up call JWP will have the boys firing on the pitch and Nathan will be working tirelessly to get the tactics spot on. Lots of positive shouting on the training ground will lead to much improved performance where we will end our run of 3-1 losses

fulham 2 Saints 0

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Edmonton Saint said:

Seeming nobody has started one yet. Not expecting much , Jones comments on Lavia seem a little bit vague.. So don’t think we will be seeing him either. 

Another nail in the Premier League Southampton Fc Coffin?

I thought the comment on not seeing lavia since Liverpool was mightily odd.

macca / bazanu

maitland-niles dcc lyanco salisu kwp

armstrong jwp aribo

adams edozie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edmonton Saint said:

Seeming nobody has started one yet. Not expecting much , Jones comments on Lavia seem a little bit vague.. So don’t think we will be seeing him either. 

Another nail in the Premier League Southampton Fc Coffin?

Speculation on twitter and the ugly inside about lavia isn’t injured and has played his last game for saints as Chelsea transfer is a done deal and potter obviously doesn’t want an injured purchase ! 

• Sad 2

https://ibb.co/2kWBH2M

I would take it back to basics and go with a 4-4-2 

I couldn't find Edozie in the database so swap Ely with him.

I'd play Stuart Armstrong and Aribo from get go with Aribo instructed to run and support the strikers. 

Prowse on the right wing, Edozie on the left whip the balls into the box.

I would also start Mara up top with Adams why? Because Armstrong is useless and I think Mara technically has something about him. 

Conclusions Jesus our squad is weak how the hell did we end up in this predicament? Desperately crying out for a tough tackling ho nonsense def mid.... oh that's right we had one 🤣🤣🤣

Shows just how bad its got, deep in the mire, in desperate need of points, yet most can't see us getting anything at newly promoted Fulham.  Surely, at some point, one of our strikers has to score a goal, surely at some point we have to 'play well', surely at some point we have to win a game.  Nope, I can't see it either,  Fulham 2 Saints 0.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

After yesterdays wake up call JWP will have the boys firing on the pitch and Nathan will be working tirelessly to get the tactics spot on. Lots of positive shouting on the training ground will lead to much improved performance where we will end our run of 3-1 losses

fulham 2 Saints 0

Think you're right mate, the players will be fired up for this one after the wake up call. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris cooper said:

Speculation on twitter and the ugly inside about lavia isn’t injured and has played his last game for saints as Chelsea transfer is a done deal and potter obviously doesn’t want an injured purchase ! 

Makes sense, Shields would have told Chelsea that he’s the only player worth signing from Saints. 

1 hour ago, Chris cooper said:

the speculation on the ugly inside is from a known WUM, it's a bit like saying there is speculation on here because Glasgow Saint started a thread saying he's off

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Would actually rather have Reed in our side rather than JWP.  More tenacious and more forward thinking.

He has definitely upped his game since Fulhams last PL stint where he looked lost. In fact quite a few of Fulhams players have been revitalised. Silva doing a fantastic job there

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

The thing with that, whilst not unheard of, is why would Saints agree to that and put ourselves at a disadvantage? Unless there’s an agreement that somebody is coming the other way as part of the deal.

Can’t imagine City would willingly forego their buy back clause after such a short amount of time so that we could sell to a rival of theirs.

Edited by bpsaint

We will probably lose. I don’t have a clue who is best to play as most of them are shit. Midfield is a big problem for us, Diallo is shit, and AMN is also shit and doesn’t want to be here. We will be over run. Do we have any options in the youth team in midfield ? 

Macca/Caballero

KWP ABK Salisu Perraud

JWP AMN Elyounoussi 

SArmstrong Adams Edozie

Not sure why I’m bothering going tbh, lose this one and the fans are going to turn if they haven’t already. I want to see some effort, some sprinting, some kind of Tactical nous from Jones, and some actual football rather than “boot it to Adams”. Maybe even a few passes to each other. Happy new year ! 

2 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

That would be my guess.

1 hour ago, Micky said:

Shows just how bad its got, deep in the mire, in desperate need of points, yet most can't see us getting anything at newly promoted Fulham.  Surely, at some point, one of our strikers has to score a goal, surely at some point we have to 'play well', surely at some point we have to win a game.  Nope, I can't see it either,  Fulham 2 Saints 0.

Newly promoted Fulham are a very competent, organised side.

17 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

We will probably lose. I don’t have a clue who is best to play as most of them are shit

Exactly this, I was happy seeing the team sheet yesterday due to Armstrong and AMN being dropped but when you realise the players replacing them it makes no difference. 

54 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

The thing with that, whilst not unheard of, is why would Saints agree to that abud put ourselves at a disadvantage? Unless there’s an agreement that somebody is coming the other way as part of the deal.

Can’t imagine City would willingly forego their buy back clause after such a short amount of time so that we could sell to a rival of theirs.

Double loan deal with Mendy or Bettinelli in goal and a striker or DM coming the other way? 

47 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

We will probably lose. I don’t have a clue who is best to play as most of them are shit. Midfield is a big problem for us, Diallo is shit, and AMN is also shit and doesn’t want to be here. We will be over run. Do we have any options in the youth team in midfield ? 

Macca/Caballero

KWP ABK Salisu Perraud

JWP AMN Elyounoussi 

SArmstrong Adams Edozie

Not sure why I’m bothering going tbh, lose this one and the fans are going to turn if they haven’t already. I want to see some effort, some sprinting, some kind of Tactical nous from Jones, and some actual football rather than “boot it to Adams”. Maybe even a few passes to each other. Happy new year ! 

Got to agree. We need someone in midfield who can do what Lavia was doing at the start of the season. Atmosphere at Leicester was fantastic. Then Chelsea. Instil that positive collect from defence idea and move forward through midfield and we've a chance, but like Saint Garrett said, who can do the job in midfield? Lyanco? Stating the obvious but we need to avoid relegation. Forget the nostalgia about going down and playing in the Championship/League 1. It was fun walking on the hallowed St Mary's turf after beating Walsall to get promoted but if we get relegated this time, I sense could be playing in the lower leagues for many many years.

• Like 1

Got to take what positives we can from the last 2 games.

Mccarthy should play but if injured Bazuma will get another chance.

AMN looks way better at RB so a defence of AMN ABK Salisu KWP is probably the best we have at the moment.

Midfield is desperate. JWP, S Armstrong, and hopefully Lavia in the middle, with Edozie and Mara playing behind Adams. Keep it narrow and hope our players have learnt how to run again.

If Lavia isn't available then Lyanco has to play a defensive midfielder role. He has the skills just needs to control his recklessness. JWP and S Armstrong simply cannot influence a game without somebody doing the grunt work.

Not sure about Aribo, hopefully there's a role for him.

Sp looking forward to this one.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Macca/Caballero

KWP ABK Salisu Perraud

JWP AMN Elyounoussi 

SArmstrong Adams Edozie

Yeah don't really want to go either tbh. Luckily it's local for me and I'll be back home within an hour or so.

1 hour ago, macca155 said:

Got to take what positives we can from the last 2 games.

Mccarthy should play but if injured Bazuma will get another chance.

AMN looks way better at RB so a defence of AMN ABK Salisu KWP is probably the best we have at the moment.

Midfield is desperate. JWP, S Armstrong, and hopefully Lavia in the middle, with Edozie and Mara playing behind Adams. Keep it narrow and hope our players have learnt how to run again.

If Lavia isn't available then Lyanco has to play a defensive midfielder role. He has the skills just needs to control his recklessness. JWP and S Armstrong simply cannot influence a game without somebody doing the grunt work.

Not sure about Aribo, hopefully there's a role for him.

Sp looking forward to this one.

Lyanco as a defensive midfielder would see red before half time. He'd be steaming into anything that moved

• Haha 1

Injuries permitting....

McCarthy

KWP         ABK          DCC      Perraud

Lavia        JWP

Aribo           Armstrong         Edozie

Adams

On paper that is a decent side, but obviously void of confidence. We need as much creativity on the pitch as possible and to me thats the best front 4 we've got. Also need to deal with the threat posed by Mitrovic. Perhaps Lyanco wouldnt be so bad in this game, could end up with both being sent off 😂. ABK and DCC for me. 

We badly need to start grinding out results, even if its ugly, and obviously stop making defensive mistakes. Going with 1-1, but will likely be another 3-1 loss.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Fulham 2-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic