Fulham 2-1 Saints - Match Thread

Edmonton Saint

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

Perraud dropped completely (or is he injured), looks like 5 at the back, midfield looks like a student at a freshers fair, lightweight.

Perraud is on the bench.

Can't work out what the formation is from that. No Diallo, which can only be a good thing, but surely we're not playing with just JWP in CM?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Not sure I believe it's three at the back with one CM. I know Moi plays CM for Norway (and looks good there) but would we suddenly be using him there out of the blue? More likely that AMN is CM.

yeah lyanco has covered the right back before, not really sure who's playing where - i just assumed AMN was playing right back to make it easier for him to reduce his passing options to the left only so hopefully his % completion goes up.

4 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Hoping it's not a back five. We will see. Good to see ABK and Aribo starting and Lavia back on the bench. Why is Stuart Armstrong not starting and Caleta-Car also?

Indeed. Personally I think DCC is our best CB, and Armstrong far and away our most creative player. Strange line up - it can only be a back 3 with a weak midfield; or a back 4 with a CB at full back and AMN in the middle, or a back 4 with AMN at full back and a CB in midfield. I'm not confident! 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, gammon cheeks said:

5 at the back ...midfield 2 and 3 up top .....me thinks a lot of long balls to day !  Saints 1 0 win

four at back AMN playing RB , Lynco playing DM in front of the back four and told not to push forward .....JWP + ELY midfield edozie and aribo wide adams in middle

Im guessing but that might work maybe 

4 1 4 1

4 minutes ago, egg said:

Indeed. Personally I think DCC is our best CB, and Armstrong far and away our most creative player. Strange line up - it can only be a back 3 with a weak midfield; or a back 4 with a CB at full back and AMN in the middle, or a back 4 with AMN at full back and a CB in midfield. I'm not confident! 

Be confident. This is the team god helped Nathan pick 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, gammon cheeks said:

5 at the back ...midfield 2 and 3 up top .....me thinks a lot of long balls to day !  Saints 1 0 win

I think that's most likely. Hit the channels quickly, get the wing backs supporting and hope for the best. Pub football in the premier league. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, saintant said:

Wet and windy conditions just what our warriors enjoy and thrive in 🙂

Ha ha, I was wondering this earlier.  The weather could be a bit of a leveller.  If we can't be competent, well drilled and organised, perhaps we can at least pounce on some mistakes.  

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I don't understand how Lyanco starts in that team. Bizarre. 

If its not 3 at the back i agree with you.

But if it is a 3 maybe i saw something different but last week he played the QB role out of defence ok and did quite a few penetrating passes out of defence (as well as some shit ones) and i think he also played the pass to Edozie who then won the pen.

Think Lyanco is a easy target but i try to judge players contribution per game and the bloke gives 100% at least and is a shit house to match Mitrovic, I expect Sali and ABK are there to pick up the fast runners behind Mitrovic.

We have bigger problems than defence especially since we can either replace him with DCC or go 4 at the back.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Fulham 2-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic