Jason Wilcox

SuperSAINT

On 16/09/2023 at 00:30, Dark Munster said:

Of course RM may actually have been a Rasmus W. Ankersen choice (this is what I have suspected from the beginning), with Wilcox being used to publicly support the appointment for plausible deniability on Ankersen's part. I really hope that is the case, because if not, I have little confidence Wilcox will make the right choice after they sack RM.

If that is the case then we should all be congratulating Ankersen for his excellent choice of manager. Well done Rasmus. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, The Cat said:

If that is the case then we should all be congratulating Ankersen for his excellent choice of manager. Well done Rasmus. 

I haven’t missed seeing Rasmus W. Ankersen posted somewhere on every given thread on the forum..!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

As with Les Reed everything that goes wrong is down to Wankersen, everything that goes right in despite him

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

RM: "I hope it's people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. I'd like to think he'd have had a chat with us about it if there was anything in it. In a way it's good that the likes of Jason are being linked with big clubs (paraphrased)"

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

Doing it behind the clubs back would be very unlike him. When he left Man City he told them well in advance and set everything up there to make the move move to Saints as seamless as possible.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tdmickey3 said:

Wow, I would have thought the COT would have had this one, guess they know fuck all as we thought.

He`s as good as gone

If the club weren't aware, how do you expect anyone else to be? Not the brigest bulb are you, always. 

Just trying to get hold of my contact now.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, franniesTache said:

Out of interest what has he actually achieved? 

yeah, kinda how I feel. Failed to attracted Enzo, appointed Martin who's record is patchy at best (and will fail to get us promotion imo) & wasted £10m on someone who a busted flush. 

You could argue THB was more likley because of him, but other than that - not sure what he's done to be too worried. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, manji said:

Now it’s Newcastles Dan Ashworth . Now that would be amusing.

IMG_0868.jpeg

I'm guessing Dan Ashworth would be his boss. 

If Ornstein is reporting it, its gonna happen. 

• Like 1

On 16/01/2024 at 16:21, CSA96 said:

He gave it a good try when he appointed Mauricio Pellegrino, though.

“Mauricio believes with the quality we have we can play exciting, attacking football, taking the game to our opponents by playing a high-intensity game".

Easy to mock this forum sometimes but got to give credit, there was a lot of scepticism here when these words were said.

4 minutes ago, Dman said:

I'm guessing Dan Ashworth would be his boss. 

If Ornstein is reporting it, its gonna happen. 

According to Twitter yeah that’s to be the set up.For those saying what has Wilcox achieved that’s almost irrelevant it’s the potential disruption to the club at a vital time that could be the issue.

not going to argue about again but the big fuck up last season was Joe Shields quitting near the beginning  without our prior knowledge.

It's impossible to really judge Wilcox yet, as what he's doing is a long-term thing. But there are positives I've seen since he's been here, like our ability to get THB or Brooks etc - would have been heavily down to Wilcox due to his relationship with both.

It's ridiculous to put the Charles signing on him and say he's failed. Charles is a young kid in his first year of pro football, way too early to be saying he's a failure at all.

The biggest issue with all of this is that it would disrupt the chink of stability and continuity we're starting to build. A DoF, Scouts, Technical directors, managers etc all recruited for the same reason. I wouldn't go as far as saying replacing him will require us to reset, but it will be a disruptive bit of change.

'If' we don't get promoted and we lose him, dally on replacing him, whilst we're losing a good chunk of our team without a DOF in place, then next season could be rocky.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 7

Would be a huge blow as by all accounts very well respected. Has overseen a complete change ib the way we play and made significant change in the Academy.

Was also responsible for the RM hire which has been a massive success.

No other view to take than a negative one, not least because of the noise it generates at a key time of the season, plus impact on planning for next - which will be critical no matter what league we are in.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It's impossible to really judge Wilcox yet, as what he's doing is a long-term thing. But there are positives I've seen since he's been here, like our ability to get THB or Brooks etc - would have been heavily down to Wilcox due to his relationship with both.

It's ridiculous to put the Charles signing on him and say he's failed. Charles is a young kid in his first year of pro football, way too early to be saying he's a failure at all.

The biggest issue with all of this is that it would disrupt the chink of stability and continuity we're starting to build. A DoF, Scouts, Technical directors, managers etc all recruited for the same reason. I wouldn't go as far as saying replacing him will require us to reset, but it will be a disruptive bit of change.

'If' we don't get promoted and we lose him, dally on replacing him, whilst we're losing a good chunk of our team without a DOF in place, then next season could be rocky.

Stewart and Charles cost a lot of money and have put us no closer to promotion - which was apparently the goal - that's why I'm saying they are failures.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Stewart and Charles cost a lot of money and have put us no closer to promotion - which was apparently the goal - that's why I'm saying they are failures.

Be quiet you clearly don’t get the implications if this happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, manji said:

Now it’s Newcastles Dan Ashworth . Now that would be amusing.

IMG_0868.jpeg

The Athletic is reporting that Wilcox would report to the Sporting Director, which would be Ashworth.

Although it would be very tempting for Wilcox, he wouldnt be in control of everything as he is here

• Like 1

Does anyone else see teams interested in our players or staff and think "Just fuck off!?"

Sick of getting raided everytime we become even moderately better than abjectly shite.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, kitch said:

Does anyone else see teams interested in our players or staff and think "Just fuck off!?"

Sick of getting raided everytime we become even moderately better than abjectly shite.

It is a bit like that isn't it! Struggle for years, recruit a load of shit you can't get rid of.

The moment we become 'OK' again, the vultures circle almost immediately and nab all the good stuff and force us to reset again.

I know it's always going to be the case for clubs like us, but it's the frequency it happens which is somewhat concerning. It's hard to get behind a group when you know they're just passing through if they're any good. It's not even a couple of seasons anymore, 6 months to a year tops if we're lucky.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, trousers said:

"Told he would be keen..."

These kind of media rumours always amuse me. Told by who, exactly? There's nobody who could possibly know that who is likely to be talking to the media about it at this stage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

"Told he would be keen..."

These kind of media rumours always amuse me. Told by who, exactly? There's nobody who could possibly know that who is likely to be talking to the media about it at this stage.

Of course there are, must likely his agent.

I get people want to work for the biggest clubs but it'd be doubly disappointing if after losing Shields so quickly the same happens with Wilcox.  You'd hope they'd be prepared to stay for a couple of years at least.  We can hold a player to that, but sadly not the staff.

• Like 1

Obviously don't know if it's true or not but The Athletic is normally pretty good so if it's true then:

Pretty stupid move by Man Utd - what's he done to justify it?  Getting a parachute payment club promoted isn't a fantastic achievement - most relegated clubs bounce back within a couple of years and it's not even nailed on this year.  Success in these types of roles needs to be judged over a longer period of time than JW has been here.

If I were a player who had been asked or persuaded to stay by JW then I'd be f*cked off.  Sheer hypocrisy.  JW is the one talking about long term vision, he's been given an opportunity in a role he had no experience of and can't even stay a year?  Fuck off.

3 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Obviously don't know if it's true or not but The Athletic is normally pretty good so if it's true then:

Pretty stupid move by Man Utd - what's he done to justify it?  Getting a parachute payment club promoted isn't a fantastic achievement - most relegated clubs bounce back within a couple of years and it's not even nailed on this year.  Success in these types of roles needs to be judged over a longer period of time than JW has been here.

If I were a player who had been asked or persuaded to stay by JW then I'd be f*cked off.  Sheer hypocrisy.  JW is the one talking about long term vision, he's been given an opportunity in a role he had no experience of and can't even stay a year?  Fuck off.

worth saying there is absolutely no guarentee that we will get promoted. In all liklihood, we wont. Defo in leeds hands. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

worth saying there is absolutely no guarentee that we will get promoted. In all liklihood, we wont. Defo in leeds hands. 

Yeah, I did say it wasn't nailed on although I'll take issue with it being in Leeds hands - it's not, it's in ours.  Win all our games (or exactly the same number as Leeds and or Ipswich) and we're promoted.

• Like 3