New Manager

Bakovnetski

7 minutes ago, JCBSaint said:

Just put Tessem and Benali in charge till the end of the season!! Cd do worse! If we stay up then a more attractive job for someone next season. 

Ha!! Very good... although either would probably do better than Jones, I'm not convinced that Tessem's management spell for Totton in 2008, and Benali's under 12 and Romsey Town experience is quite what we need. 

1 minute ago, SaintsLoyal said:

A big NO to Marsch... this is the mess we find ourselves in becuase of the failure of the club board in not sacking Hastogo and then employing a pub manager.

Go and ask Leeds fans what they think of Marsch ffs

Well you could go and ask Everton anf Fulham fans what they think of Marco Silva and I'm sure you'd get two sets of completely opposing views.

• Like 4

I see DT has kindly made another dig on a previous page about me (I thought we were done with these childish antics); purely because I said recently “don’t take every rumour you see on Twitter as gospel”. 🤣

Anyway, with Marsch, not ideal, not my overall preference; but all that said - I’d rather him over the likes of Gerrard, Lampard etc.

In the end unless we pay out stupid, stupid money on a higher calibre manager, then this is the kind of level people should be expecting.

Beggars can’t be choosers right now.

Edited by FarehamSaintJames
(Thought we were done with this)
  • Like 1

To Whom It May Concern (at Leeds United). I understand you may have spoken to a Welsh chappy by the name of Nathan Jones, in connection with your current vacancy for manager. I would like to offer this reference for him. Nathan was a breath of fresh air when he came into Southampton. He immediately unified the players (or village if you prefer). Being the fittest man in the world. the best coach in Europe and able to swim faster than a shark, he immediately set about improving Southampton's recent results with his front footed and aggressive style of play. He is open to compromise and manipulation yet takes full responsibility and lives or dies by his results.  He immediately unified the supporters. In fact we've never known the fan base to be so unified.  Under his stewardship we were soon demolishing teams like the mighty Blackpool and Lincoln. We were (apparently) brilliant against Nottingham Forest. We were extremely unlucky against Wolves who blatantly cheated by only having 10 players on the pitch. The league points he gained at St. Mary's were countless.....literally. Unfortunately after only three months he decided to move on as our players were not up to his high standards. His family, who used to support Southampton, incredibly now support Leeds United. 

In fact he was so brilliant, after only one week at Southampton, he even managed to get the team into Europe, during the World Cup break.

So, look, with all due respect, I feel he would be an ideal appointment at your club and our loss will  be your gain. If you are still in any doubt, similar references may be obtained......mainly from Stoke City. In the meantime, you would be well advised to sign as many Croations as possible. In fact we have one you can have, from quite near Croatia, his name is Janic (Janny to his mates) Bednaric.   

Edited by Saint Keef
addition
  • Haha 9

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

I see DT has kindly made another dig on a previous page about me, purely because I said recently “don’t take every rumour you see on Twitter as gospel”. 🤣

Anyway, with Marsch, not ideal, not my overall preference; but all that said - I’d rather him over the likes of Gerrard, Lampard etc.

In the end unless we pay out stupid, stupid money on a higher calibre manager, then this is the kind of level people should be expecting.

Beggars can’t be choosers right now.

let it go GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

The people who are turning their nose up at Marsch are then suggesting Poch and Tuchel. Let's be real for just one second.

Fan expectations seem absolutely skewed, not sure what's caused it.

A guy on Blackmore's phone in said no to Marsch and then said we should get in Nigel Adkins 🙂

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

A big NO to Marsch... this is the mess we find ourselves in becuase of the failure of the club board in not sacking Hastogo and then employing a pub manager.

Go and ask Leeds fans what they think of Marsch ffs

What, all of them? Could take a while, I’ll come back to you.