Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

2 minutes ago, saints-til-i-die said:

The manager has chosen to make Jack Stephens a key member of the group due to his leadership attributes. It’ll be so awkward if he has to backtrack on that…

If we're playing 2 centre backs we should play the best 2. If Harwood-Bellis and ABK are better then Stephens then I'd rather have awkward....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harry_SFC said:

Yep, they announced him as the club captain. Could easily have another on field captain. No way should he play just because he's the club captain. 

Martin made it clear that JS would continue to have a presence / role in the dressing room, so he’s hardly going to be cut out the picture by removing his Captaincy even temporarily.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Odd if the reporting is true abd we've opted not to strengthen in the wide areas, given that Martin said in his presser that replacing Tella was the priority. 

Hopefully with Sulemana staying, we've got plenty of options in the attacking wide areas in my opinion.

Edited by davefizzy14

Just now, davefizzy14 said:

Hopefully with Sulemana staying, we've got plenty of options in the attacking wide area in my opinion.

It just seems unusual to decide not to go ahead. The only reason would be due to Sulemana staying, but if he goes as well then it doesn't make an awful lot of sense. 

Just now, davefizzy14 said:

Hopefully with Sulemana staying, we've got plenty of options in the attacking wide area in my opinion.

Yep. I suspect the club had written off Sully staying so were looking for a wide man to essentially replace him and Tella. With Sully staying, and assuming he's committed, I'd imagine that he's the Tella "replacement". 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

It just seems unusual to decide not to go ahead. The only reason would be due to Sulemana staying, but if he goes as well then it doesn't make an awful lot of sense. 

Yep. If Sully now goes and we don't get another wide man in, I guess that brings Djenepo back into the fold. Not ideal. 

Just now, Badger said:

What time does the window slam shut in France ?

If it's the same as Germany then has Mara missed his move?

No slamming of windows in France, more the gentle closing of little wooden shutters. 

No idea what time that happens though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sunderland have signed another striker, or at least are about to. Think Stewart is ours bar the shouting.

Sunderland agree Rusyn transfer with Zorya Luhansk

Sunderland have agreed a transfer with Zorya Luhansk for the transfer of Nazariy Rusyn for an undisclosed fee.

The striker has completed a medical in Paris and agreed a four-year contract at the Stadium of Light, with a club option of a further year.

The move will be finalised subject to international clearance.

3 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

If we manage to keep KWP, Sully, ABK, Che and add THB and Stewart then I think we can all agree this has been an excellent window so far

Definitely. The ominous 'so far' at the end of your sentence shouldn't fucking need to be there either, it's a disgrace that the Saudi window is open for a week longer than ours.

Edited by stknowle
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

This is the famous twitter technique of "predicting" something everyone already knows is happening, just slightly early so you can make out you have inside knowledge.

Whoever this person is don't know shit. It's obvious that Stewart is signing.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

If we manage to keep KWP, Sully, ABK, Che and add THB and Stewart then I think we can all agree this has been an excellent window so far

Yep, absolutely.

And having Sully and ABK stay will be like getting two new signings.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Saint_Ash said:

ABK and THB would be the best CB pairing in the league. 

You do wonder whether the prospect of playing a season alongside the England U21 captain has helped convince the German U21 international that the 'Southampton Project' might just be one worth sticking with, for a bit at least!

• Haha 1

So to summarise so far today:

Ins:
- THB has signed on a years loan, read somewhere there is an obligation to buy if we get promoted.
- Ross Stewart is all but confirmed.

Outs:
- Nothing as of yet.

Patrick Roberts deal in appears off.
ABK leaving appears off.
Kamaldeen Sulemana leaving appears off.
No news as to Che Adams.
Not even a whiff of a rumour regarding KWP or Bednarek leaving.

The SaintsExtra Twitter timeline is quite amusing reading back through, “It’s on!” One hour later “It’s off!”.
Not having a pop at that account, just funny how things change😁

9 minutes ago, Polaroid Saint said:

You do wonder whether the prospect of playing a season alongside the England U21 captain has helped convince the German U21 international that the 'Southampton Project' might just be one worth sticking with, for a bit at least!

Hmmmm maybe but ,tbh, of the numerous reasons the ABK to Bayern Munich transfer has apparently fallen through this  probably wouldn't be in my top 1000.

Edited by stknowle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

This is the famous twitter technique of "predicting" something everyone already knows is happening, just slightly early so you can make out you have inside knowledge.

Whoever this person is don't know shit. It's obvious that Stewart is signing.

Where is Alanis when we need her?