Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

1 minute ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Bednarek is literally the best defender in that back line though 😂

He’s a perfectly decent one at this level, as are the two fullbacks. I’d probably want better than Stephens if it comes to it but none of them are disastrous, nor is Bazunu for that matter.

Its in attack where we still have issues to sort out, especially regarding creativity.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Chez said:

I thought we'd lose both. I still do to be honest. 

Well as the selling club, if the prices are matched we sell, take the cash, and find the next KWP\Tino meanwhile we get to see if Bree can cut the mustard. He was highly rated in the championship if I recall correctly, is he a Russell ball player doesn't look like it from what I saw.

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

He’s a perfectly decent one at this level, as are the two fullbacks. I’d probably want better than Stephens if it comes to it but none of them are disastrous, nor is Bazunu for that matter.

Its in attack where we still have issues to sort out, especially regarding creativity.

100% agree amigo, i read this forum and think

trailer park boys bubbles GIF by hero0fwar

• Like 3

Sorry to say but if I were in Tino's position, I'd go and unlike Tino, I'm an actual Saints fan.

Did we look after him out of the goodness of our hearts? No, we looked after him because we were contractually obliged to do so. Football is a short career and he may not get another chance to play in the CL and given his injury, what's to say his knee isn't going to give way again and him have to retire? Those injuries can reoccur easily. He has to do what's best for his future.

Players are employees and just aren't going to have the same level of love for the club as fans (customers) do. Plus there's actually a chance that he's been asked to leave by the club - If the club have concluded that it makes more sense to keep KWP instead (let's be honest, at least one of them was always going) then the club may have suggested he go. It's not a likely scenario but it COULD have happened.

Tino owes us nothing and we owe him nothing. Provided he hasn't whinged like a baby and refused to train or something then I'll wish him all the best for the rest of his career.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, HnycS said:

Well as the selling club, if the prices are matched we sell, take the cash, and find the next KWP\Tino meanwhile we get to see if Bree can cut the mustard. He was highly rated in the championship if I recall correctly, is he a Russell ball player doesn't look like it from what I saw.

We don't get to find the next tino/kwp in the championship I'm afraid

13 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Sorry to say but if I were in Tino's position, I'd go and unlike Tino, I'm an actual Saints fan.

Did we look after him out of the goodness of our hearts? No, we looked after him because we were contractually obliged to do so. Football is a short career and he may not get another chance to play in the CL and given his injury, what's to say his knee isn't going to give way again and him have to retire? Those injuries can reoccur easily. He has to do what's best for his future.

Players are employees and just aren't going to have the same level of love for the club as fans (customers) do. Plus there's actually a chance that he's been asked to leave by the club - If the club have concluded that it makes more sense to keep KWP instead (let's be honest, at least one of them was always going) then the club may have suggested he go. It's not a likely scenario but it COULD have happened.

Tino owes us nothing and we owe him nothing. Provided he hasn't whinged like a baby and refused to train or something then I'll wish him all the best for the rest of his career.

Burn Him Adam Sandler GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

• Haha 3

Would obviously prefer to keep Tino but if he wants to leave and we get a decent offer then I won't be massively fussed about losing him. He's suffered two very bad injuries in the last 15 months and there's no guarantee he'll come back the same player.

Plus we've got 2 other right backs who are more than capable in this league. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We better be keeping hold of KWP if we're selling Tino.

30M for Tino, that's either a serious comedown or someone got it seriously wrong when they talked about us asking for 50M so we'd get 30m.

Not a fan of Bree as anything other than backup, looking OK in luton hoofball system doesn't for me translate to system we are signed up to.

• Like 2

All this talk about Tino and not being fussed about losing him, he might not be the same player etc. 

If he reaches anywhere near the heights he did before the injury, he will be a hell of a player. Bree is a journeyman. Will be a shame not to have Tino for this season, but reality will probably dictate otherwise.

However, I won't be one of those saying I'm not fussed about losing him.

A reality of relegation, but a shame all the same.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

From the fella that got Manning and Lyanco things correct.

Sad if true, he looks like a great prospect from the games he played. Given the injuries he has had, can only hope he kicks on and has a career like Luke Shaw's. Playing for a big club and England. Not exactly the same I know because Tino wasn't a product of Saints academy and his injuries were earlier in his career, but looks to have the same exciting raw talent, Tino is less physical but looks to be technically better then Luke Shaw was at the same age.

I thought tino looked happy enough to stay in the championship from his comments, if that was the case seems  a bit weird to let him go 

what I wonder is how forceful or the opposite are we trying to hold on to players that we want to keep ?

Is it just a case of if someone comes in atprice we are ok with we leave it up to the player ?

would be nice if we had some kind of players that are so in our plans we won’t let them go anywhere 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

I thought tino looked happy enough to stay in the championship from his comments, if that was the case seems  a bit weird to let him go 

what I wonder is how forceful or the opposite are we trying to hold on to players that we want to keep ?

Is it just a case of if someone comes in atprice we are ok with we leave it up to the player ?

would be nice if we had some kind of players that are so in our plans we won’t let them go anywhere 

Agreed and there really aren't that many are there?

56 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

At least we won't have to hear that dreadful Livramento song again next season. 

There is a god, makes it even more funny we had to put up with one year of ‘and we’ve got livramento’ shite without him even playing only for him leave 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul Chuckle said:

At least we won't have to hear that dreadful Livramento song again next season. 

They're changing the last line to

"AND WE LIKE TO EAT MENTOOOOS"

Following on from the success of that Mars bar on that dicks head. 

• Haha 1

Lets be honest from KWP/Livramento to Bree is a massive drop off.

Not saying its unavoidable because it probably isn't but no point dressing it up.

KWP or Livramento would have been the best RB in the league without question.

Bree isn't.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Lets be honest from KWP/Livramento to Bree is a massive drop off.

Not saying its unavoidable because it probably isn't but no point dressing it up.

KWP or Livramento would have been the best RB in the league without question.

Bree isn't.

Wasn't he one of the best rbs in the division last year? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Wasn't he one of the best rbs in the division last year? 

He was decent in a very direct team (totally different to our style). I don't think he was some kind of huge standout and wasn't really linked to any other PL sides.

He is not on Tino/KWP level, probably a few levels below so its a big downgrade versus having kept TL, without question.

7 minutes ago, Dusic said:

He was decent in a very direct team (totally different to our style). I don't think he was some kind of huge standout and wasn't really linked to any other PL sides.

He is not on Tino/KWP level, probably a few levels below so its a big downgrade versus having kept TL, without question.

You said "Bree isn't the best RB in the league". I think many people were of the opinion that he was the best RB in the league last year. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

You said "Bree isn't the best RB in the league". I think many people were of the opinion that he was the best RB in the league last year. 

Not sure if that’s true? Did he get in the championship team of the year? Can’t be bothered to look it up…

Either way, he is clearly not Tino or kwp quality

2 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Not sure if that’s true? Did he get in the championship team of the year? Can’t be bothered to look it up…

I believe he did, yes. 

9 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I wasn't disputing that bit. 

The bit I am disputing is that many people considered him the best RB in the league last year…

14 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Nobody is disputing this. Fact is the level has dropped now we’re in the championship and Bree who was a standout in that league will be decent enough for us. Everyone has a price and fair play to the club for holding out for the fee they deemed fair. Don’t get me wrong, wanted to keep Tino but not the most important player we keep. Someone such as Alcarez is much more important 

• Like 4

I have to admit I was / am expecting both Tino and KWP to leave for the Premier League.  Money talks.

I would even be surprised if Bree ends up back at Luton before the transfer window closes.

I was half expecting us to sign Joël Latibeaudiere on a free to replace Tino and KWP at right back as he played there for Martin at Swansea.

The fact we signed Derrick Abu on a free from Chelski was a big hint Tino and KWP are both leaving.

So it looks like Abu and Lewis Payne are going to provide the cover for Bree and Meghoma and Larios the cover for Manning - with Perraud, Small and Vokins all leaving or going out on loan again.

A back 4 of Bree, Bednarek, Stephens, Manning is pretty good for the Championship. But I am not sure it’s good enough for promotion from the Championship.

I am guessing Salisu, ABK and Caleta-Car will all be off to greener pastures and Simeu will be going out on loan again.

With the signings of Charles and Abu it doesn’t look like we have learned our lessons when it comes to signing youth team prospects from the top 6.  

None of the Broja, Tino, Bazunu, Edozie and Larios signings have exactly worked out well for us.  The buy back and sell on clauses for Lavia and Tino have come back to haunt us. And the failure to sign Broja permanently in the first place proved a mistake whilst none of Bazunu, Edozie or Larios have proved they are good enough yet. Larios is too small to play as a full back in English football and Edozie has no end product like far too many of the wingers we’ve seen play for Saints in recent years.

Part of me hopes Shea Charles just ends up being the cover for Grimes and Downes - but I don’t think they paid that much money for him for that.

At 24 Latibeaudiere at least had some of the experience we need. Manning was a step in the right direction though. I’ll give them that.

3 minutes ago, SaintLondon said:

Nobody is disputing this. Fact is the level has dropped now we’re in the championship and Bree who was a standout in that league will be decent enough for us. Everyone has a price and fair play to the club for holding out for the fee they deemed fair. Don’t get me wrong, wanted to keep Tino but not the most important player we keep. Someone such as Alcarez is much more important 

Indeed. Bree is a decent championship RB, and we are now a championship club. Tino is a class act and will want PL football, and money. I reckon we'd have preferred to sell KWP, but he's not as saleable as Tino. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rebel said:

I have to admit I was / am expecting both Tino and KWP to leave for the Premier League.  Money talks.

I would even be surprised if Bree ends up back at Luton before the transfer window closes.

I was half expecting us to sign Joël Latibeaudiere on a free to replace Tino and KWP at right back as he played there for Martin at Swansea.

The fact we signed Derrick Abu on a free from Chelski was a big hint Tino and KWP are both leaving.

So it looks like Abu and Lewis Payne are going to provide the cover for Bree and Meghoma and Larios the cover for Manning - with Perraud, Small and Vokins all leaving or going out on loan again.

A back 4 of Bree, Bednarek, Stephens, Manning is pretty good for the Championship. But I am not sure it’s good enough for promotion from the Championship.

I am guessing Salisu, ABK and Caleta-Car will all be off to greener pastures and Simeu will be going out on loan again.

With the signings of Charles and Abu it doesn’t look like we have learned our lessons when it comes to signing youth team prospects from the top 6.  

None of the Broja, Tino, Bazunu, Edozie and Larios signings have exactly worked out well for us.  The buy back and sell on clauses for Lavia and Tino have come back to haunt us. And the failure to sign Broja permanently in the first place proved a mistake whilst none of Bazunu, Edozie or Larios have proved they are good enough yet. Larios is too small to play as a full back in English football and Edozie has no end product like far too many of the wingers we’ve seen play for Saints in recent years.

Part of me hopes Shea Charles just ends up being the cover for Grimes and Downes - but I don’t think they paid that much money for him for that.

At 24 Latibeaudiere at least had some of the experience we need. Manning was a step in the right direction though. I’ll give them that.

Abu is a U21 squad signing, as the club made clear at the time.

So far they've signed a 27 YO left back and spent £10.5m (£15m poss) on a Lavia replacement with similar pedigree and age profile.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Frazer Richardson, Jos Hooiveld and Danny Fox were 75% of a top 2 back four.

But yeah, top six Championship defender of the year Bree is the stuff of nightmares.

I've learnt to take anything Charlie says with a pinch of salt.

43 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I've learnt to take anything Charlie says with a pinch of salt.

Indeed. As previously highlighted, 'Charlie Wayman' is an account used on here by more than one person...

Edited by trousers
  • Confused 1

Not Saints related but maybe of interest to some. I have it on pretty good authority (someone with some serious inside knowledge at Tottenham) that Harry Kane to Borussia Monchengladbach is as good as done. Daniel Levy apparently even willing to accept a lesser fee from the German side, to prevent him going to a Premiership rival club. Just passing on what I was told.  

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Not Saints related but maybe of interest to some. I have it on pretty good authority (someone with some serious inside knowledge at Tottenham) that Harry Kane to Borussia Monchengladbach is as good as done. Daniel Levy apparently even willing to accept a lesser fee from the German side, to prevent him going to a Premiership rival club. Just passing on what I was told.  

Dont you mean Bayern Munich

30 minutes ago, trousers said:

Indeed. As previously highlighted, 'Charlie Wayman' is an account used on here by more than one person...

That's a bit sad, I can't be bothered to remember who everyone is anyway so don't make much difference to me.  I get you confused with rallyboy and whoever has a bicycle in their avatar.  Don't really know why.  I'd be rubbish at an internet feud. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mixedkebab said:

I’m happy for Saints to sell anyone who puts pictures of themselves on social media wandering round in big sunglasses and bling, and saying “Bro” a lot. I think the spirit of the squad would be improved by this .

Wholeheartedly agree 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

If he ends up there he will begladtobeback to the PL in a season