Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

Is baking in the championship better than cooking in it? Is igniting the championship better than both or either or none? If someone is to rip up the championship, is that better than any kind of championship combustion? Does ripping it up, stop the available combustable material left to ignite/cook/bake, making it a bad thing?

I finding it difficult to rate our players or links, without having a scale to work with. 🙂

1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Against Bournemouth I imagine we will see what RM expects his starting 11 to look like against Wednesday.

For now at least I'm expecting this;

Baz;

Tino, Bednarek, Stephens, Manning;

Charles;

Alcaraz, JWP;

Tella, Adams, Arma.

That is what I predict currently. That will likely change with departures sure, But hopefully by the latter friendly we are playing close to our best 11 to give them some form of cohesiveness to 1 another.

Not far off what I would think, although would not expect Manning to start ahead of KWP if he’s still with us. But that line up is a scary prospect given that Tella is the only change in the forwards.

26 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Not far off what I would think, although would not expect Manning to start ahead of KWP if he’s still with us. But that line up is a scary prospect given that Tella is the only change in the forwards.

Ideally, we sell a striker and bring another CF in, personally if we had a Lambert in this team we'd win the league.

I may be a minority but for me, I'd like us to sign a creative 8/10 to sit next Charley.

• Like 1

Against Bournemouth I imagine we will see what RM expects his starting 11 to look like against Wednesday.

For now at least I'm expecting this;

Baz;

Tino, Bednarek, Stephens, Manning;

Charles;

Alcaraz, JWP;

Tella, Adams, Arma.

That is what I predict currently. That will likely change with departures sure, But hopefully by the latter friendly we are playing close to our best 11 to give them some form of cohesiveness to 1 another.

Basically stronger than our starting 11 for most of last season lets be honest. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Is baking in the championship better than cooking in it? Is igniting the championship better than both or either or none? If someone is to rip up the championship, is that better than any kind of championship combustion? Does ripping it up, stop the available combustable material left to ignite/cook/bake, making it a bad thing?

I finding it difficult to rate our players or links, without having a scale to work with. 🙂

We’re in the weatherspoons of football, apologies, “baller” leagues now. 

So essentially it’s neither cooking or baking. We’re at the just warming shit up stage. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

I think that Sulemana would be ahead of both Tella And A Armstrong. Not to say that he won't be off, but I haven't seen any concrete links with him being off, although didn't quite understand why he didn't feature in the friendlies ... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WALK DMC said:

I think that Sulemana would be ahead of both Tella And A Armstrong. Not to say that he won't be off, but I haven't seen any concrete links with him being off, although didn't quite understand why he didn't feature in the friendlies ... 

He's only just come back mate, the same reason Charles and Manning didn't play. Getting upto speed I reckon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

So essentially it’s neither cooking or baking. We’re at the just warming shit up stage. 

Excellent.

Our players are going to fry or microwave then. 

38 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

Since we just the same reheated tactic and outcome, last season, anything would be an improvement. 🙂

1 hour ago, Raging Bull said:

I’m old anywho uses the word cooking about Saints should get a stadium ban or forced to watch that shit down M27.

Edited by Give it to Ron
  • Like 3

Ideally, we sell a striker and bring another CF in, personally if we had a Lambert in this team we'd win the league.

I may be a minority but for me, I'd like us to sign a creative 8/10 to sit next Charley.

And if I had a golden throne I’d sh*t in it, but I don’t and we won’t get another Lambert…he’s not the type of player I suspect this crowd will look for. Thinking on it though, it makes you realise just how fortunate we were to get SRL when we did…the stars aligned and all that…and that kind of stuff probably only happens once in a lifetime and I for one feel very lucky to have witnessed it at first hand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

IN the Burnley bake off between my top G Redmond & our bro Tella Redmond blazed him coz he was less peas, you git me bumbaclot.

1 hour ago, the saint in winchester said:

Hard to say. I can see them rushing in with an £8m 'this is our final offer' bid at 10pm on deadline day.

Kinda depends if Tella's heart is with us for next season.

Not a chance in hell we will accept that offer for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the saint in winchester said:

Hard to say. I can see them rushing in with an £8m 'this is our final offer' bid at 10pm on deadline day.

Kinda depends if Tella's heart is with us for next season.

Why would we accept £8m on deadline day? We don't need to sell that badly and If I was Tella I'd be thinking that Burnley don't actually want me that much, then.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Agree about the scary part, those forwards would need to score 3-4 goals pr game, as the GK and CB's will be leaky. Unless Charles is AMAZING and able to fill all the gaps that the CB's presents our opponents. And we must hope that Tella will be as good for us as he was for Burnley, that is not for certain playing with Che and AA...

I really hope we do shift a lot more players/serial-losers, but that may end up happening in august after the season starts (fingers crossed)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Why would we accept £8m on deadline day? We don't need to sell that badly and If I was Tella I'd be thinking that Burnley don't actually want me that much, then.

The elephant in the room is that Tella is much more valuable in the championship than the Premier League as that's currently his level. Burnley aren't going to throw money at him and it's clearly hugely valuable to us to keep him. Reckon he stays.

• Like 2

Football was already dead but this inflicts it further into the red of moral bankruptcy. Remember the hero’s welcome Mitrovic got from Fulham fans at St Marys after he came back from injury? Now he’s swapped that for a good old fashioned oil money pay check 

Edited by SotonianWill
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

Football was already dead but this inflicts it further into the red of moral bankruptcy. Remember the hero’s welcome Mitrovic got from Fulham fans at St Marys after he came back from injury? Now he’s swapped that for a good old fashioned oil money pay check 

Wasn't it a long suspension rather than injury? 

Matt Le God mode deactivated 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

That's harsh. We all know it was a boyhood dream of his to play for al-hilal 

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

That’s the whole reason all these players came to the Premier League in the first place, they’re just swapping it for a little more money.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

That’s the whole reason all these players came to the Premier League in the first place, they’re just swapping it for a little more money.

Agreed but at least its sugarcoated in a way which keeps some dignity. “I love this league it’s the best in the world, i’ve joined such a big club”. In saudi they say “I love this money it’s so much money, such a big big club and money”.

I don’t blame them as i’d do the same thing, I just find it funny. 

Edited by SotonianWill

3 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

Agreed but at least its sugarcoated in a way which keeps some dignity. “I love this league it’s the best in the world, i’ve joined such a big club”. In saudi they say “I love this money it’s so much money, such a big big club and money”.

I don’t blame them as i’d do the same thing, I just find it funny. 

Nah you can easily make up, some bullshit about being attracted by the project and the vision of the team. 

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

I think some of these players are in for a shock when they find out how shit it is to live in Saudi. 

Is it really that bad? Whenever I watch Saudi “Vlogs” (for want of a better name)  the people who go there always say despite Saudi getting a bad media reputation it’s really not all too bad. Though they are tourists and only stay there for a bit. Especially can’t be bad on Mitros next wage.  

Just now, SotonianWill said:

Is it really that bad? Whenever I watch Saudi “Vlogs” (for want of a better name)  the people who go there always say despite Saudi getting a bad media reputation it’s really not all too bad. Though they are tourists and only stay there for a bit. Especially can’t be bad on Mitros next wage.  

Not been but both my brothers worked in Middle East and said would’ve never considered Saudi as too repressive and that was first had accounts of colleagues. Sure Saudis will go out of their way to normalise life for these footballers but the WAGs might be in for a shock. Obviously insane tax free salaries will offset that but it there is more to life

With Walcott, Elyounoussi, AMN, Orsic, N'Lundulu, Willy, Diallo and Lyanco (soon to be) out the door, this window is shaping up very nicely.

If we can add McCarthy, Salisu, Djenepo, Tall Paul and potentially Stu Armstrong and Che (depending on your views of them) to that list, then this could be an INSANE window of outgoings. 

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

With Walcott, Elyounoussi, AMN, Orsic, N'Lundulu, Willy, Diallo and Lyanco (soon to be) out the door, this window is shaping up very nicely.

If we can add McCarthy, Salisu, Djenepo, Tall Paul and potentially Stu Armstrong and Che (depending on your views of them) to that list, then this could be an INSANE window of outgoings. 

I'd like to add Aribo too please.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

I think we will almost certainly add Perraud, Salisu, ABK and probably DCC as well. Who knows about the rest. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I'd like to add Aribo too please.

Whos he lol?

Could cook in the championship.....but could also be a waste of space again. We do seem to have an overload of wide men at the moment - Tella, Sulemana, Edozie, Djenepo, Stu, Doyle, Amo-Ameyaw and AA, so something has to give.

Cant see any of the youngsters, AA (who is proven at this level) and at least one of Tella/Sulemana (maybe both) going anywhere, which means that at least two out of Aribo, Djenepo and Stu will be surplus to requirements.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Whos he lol?

Could cook in the championship.....but could also be a waste of space again. We do seem to have an overload of wide men at the moment - Tella, Sulemana, Edozie, Djenepo, Stu, Doyle, Amo-Ameyaw and AA, so something has to give.

Cant see any of the youngsters, AA (who is proven at this level) and at least one of Tella/Sulemana (maybe both) going anywhere, which means that at least two out of Aribo, Djenepo and Stu will be surplus to requirements.

Personally I would like to keep hold of Djenepo. I think he'd have something to offer at Championship level and is still only just turned 25 so still has good years ahead of him - and has 2 years left on his contract. Put it this way if I were to keep one of Aribo, Stu and Moussa, it would be Moussa. He's also the most versatile. Stu's best days may well be behind him and Aribo has been nothing but a massive disappointment. Yes Aribo could find his feet in the Championship but I wouldn't hold my breath and he'd be out of the door first.

As long as we keep Tella, Sulemana and Edozie (with Djenepo and the youth backing them up) I think we'll have a decent season. We do need a new striker though, if not 2.

• Like 6