Saints 0-1 Cherries - Match Thread

SotonianWill

it's pretty simple.. get 3 points and we gain on at least 2 (possibly 3) of our 4 relegation rivals. This matchweek results..

Leeds D

Forest W

Leicester D

Everton ?

If we win tonight, i think May 8th is going to be a momentous day - either lightness or darkness.

Fulham vs Leicester

Brighton vs Everton

Nottingham Forest vs. Southampton

• Like 2

So Bournemouth are poor aerially apparently so we threaten them with Adam armstrong

glad to see dcc starting, hopefully he can have an impact at set pieces

onachu not even on the bench for a game that seems most suited to him of the remaining ones.

Edited by Baird of the land
  • Confused 1

When an impotent Elyounoussi is apparently undroppable, it’s very easy to see why we’re going down. Can’t think of many worse front threes than Armstrong Walcott and Moi. 

Criminal with the money we’ve spent recently.

Well let's just hope McCarthy reprises his MOM performance against the same team at about the same time of the season when we were last in this depth of shit (not quite as deep tbf). It's a thoroughly uninspiring team - inclusion of Armstrong after his 1 star stand out performance against Arsenal particularly baffling - but whatever 11 he picks out is going to be that as a matter of course. 

*desperate praying emoji*

Just now, Mikey88 said:

When an impotent Elyounoussi is apparently undroppable, it’s very easy to see why we’re going down. Can’t think of many worse front threes than Armstrong Walcott and Moi. 

Moi's job in our team is not to score but to defend - its sickening that this is our approach to football now

1 minute ago, Mikey88 said:

It's actually really very embarrassing. 2 players who've never been up to this level and one who hasn't been for at least 3 seasons. A quarter of the team completely, demonstrably not up to this level starting in a game we absolutely have to win to stand any chance of staying up. No fucking wonder we are going down.

Bazuna should have been dropped weeks ago. Bit late now and expect McCarthy to suddenly turn it on 11 months after his last league start. 

Bournemouth shite in the air so Selles drops talk Paul completely from the squad lol. We all know he's a carthorse but at least this is the type of game he could actually do something useful. 

We need creativity and goals so he selected elynoussi and Armstrong 🤯

How do people read that formation?

4-2-2-2

With Lavia and JWP as the 6s, and Alcaraz and Ely as the 10s? Then AA and Theo up front?

Or 4-3-3

with Lavia, JWP and Carlos, then Ely and theo/AA as wingers and Theo/AA up front?

Edited by Saint86

4 minutes ago, tdmickey3 said:

Elyutterlyfuckinusless again 🤮

We’ve had a mental Welshman and now we have stupid Spaniard 

Don’t necessarily disagree with you but credit where it’s due he is prepared to go out there week after week, doesn’t hide away.

Where’s Salisu when he might be needed ?
Wasn’t motivated for it last I read. 

Happy to be proved wrong but this smacks of us playing how we did v Arsenal. Unfortunately v Arsenal they attacked leaving gaps. Here the onus is on us to create. That team will create f*** all. Wrong team for this type of game yet again.
Wrong bench too. Aribo?? no Paul??? We’ll need him when desperate for goals late on and need to lump it in the box. Oh, hang on, we don’t even do that when 2 down with seconds left. My bad, let Ely help us keep it tight …

So hope I’m wrong and get quoted later as a needless bedwetter before we’ve started but f*** me he’s a clueless moron.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

That’s not any sort of benchmark Ffs. He’s prepared to turn up and do his job? 

Not making him out to be a martyr, but I feel more let down by some fucker saying he doesn’t feel up to it as his contract winds down, and he considers his next move. 

On 23/04/2023 at 06:21, skintsaint said:

Bournemouth look poor in the air. Could be the game for the big lad up front.

On 23/04/2023 at 07:05, Badger said:

Adam Armstrong, lone striker then

Badger called this lineup days ago. I thought it was funny when he said it. Now I just find it sad.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

How do people read that formation?

4-2-2-2

With Lavia and JWP as the 6s, and Alcaraz and Ely as the 10s? Then AA and Theo up front?

Or 4-3-3

with Lavia, JWP and Carlos, then Ely and theo/AA as wingers and Theo/AA up front?

4222 with Theo and Alcaraz as the front 2, Alcaraz to drop in off the ball. AA and El behind them.

22 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

WTF is the Onuachu signing all about?

Obviously signed before we had this total retard in charge who is obviously not on the same page..

I know jones results was shit . But I completely and utterly prefer his team selections to selles this guy is as bizarre and negative as I can ever remember 

not only Paul ignored but sulemana on the bench also ? 
wtf is wrong with this dude how can you prefer Elly over Sula.. at least he’s ligjtnign fast and can scare the opposition 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal

Imagine the boardroom conversation this week:

”It’s been leaked that Alex is the second highest paid player”

”Shit”

”We better play him next game otherwise they’ll think we’re trying to be tight with money”

”But we are trying to be tight aren’t we?”

”Shut up, tell Ruben to play him next game, it won’t look suspicious at all”

”Why didn’t we play him sooner when Bazunu was struggling?”

”To try to save money”

”The fans will never suspect a thing”

”What about the Nathan Jones appointment…?”

Literally no point in tonight. Poor line up really. But then again it could be a completely different eleven and it would still be as equally crap.

Edited by FarehamSaintJames
  • Haha 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Cherries - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic