Sheffield Weds 1-2 Saints - Match Thread

Yorkshire Saint

7 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Means they have to do no work/research, just ask a bunch of moronic questions. 

I turned off at “would you fight a duck sized horse, or a horse sized duck”. What a bunch  of fucking twats, imagine asked Bestie or chopper Harris that. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

They’re predicting VAR is coming to the championship, an announcement to be made on it before Xmas. So it’s coming, potentially from next season.  Maybe we’ll have to get relegated again to avoid it.

‘They’ being the kid on Sky? Of course it will come at some point but it is shit and should go IMO. I know some get a hard on rewinding to an armpit though as that is what offside is all about

9 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I turned off at “would you fight a duck sized horse, or a horse sized duck”. What a bunch  of fucking twats, imagine asked Bestie or chopper Harris that. 

User name does not check out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Cripes…just remembered…no VAR. hated it…will I be rueing not having it anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️

But there are new rules regarding how added time is calculated, and injured players must leave the pitch for at least 30 seconds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66397352

Edited by badgerx16

Just had a short promo about our last season at this level on Sky.

That last season in the Championship was so much fun to be a part of. Completely exceeded expectations having just come out of League One, and watching Lambert step up and dominate a higher league was phenomenal to watch.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, whelk said:

‘They’ being the kid on Sky? Of course it will come at some point but it is shit and should go IMO. I know some get a hard on rewinding to an armpit though as that is what offside is all about

I know he mentioned it, but the football league have been looking at it for a while. Cost is the major drawback so they’re looking at something they’re terming VAR-light; fewer cameras, and doesn’t include offside. FIFA seem to be on Baird with it so I can’t see it not happening at sometime soon.

Edited by The Kraken

Just now, The Kraken said:

I know he mentioned it, but the football league have been looking at it for a while. Cost is the major drawback so they’re looking at something they’re terming VAR-light; fewer cameras, and doesn’t include offside.

That might actually be a better VAR

Just now, sibster said:

Where do they get the fans for soundbites from? Surely they could find a few that are slightly less geeky?! 🤣

Had to start with the fucking idiot who says "we're the big fish in the small pond". 

That was true in league one, not here. 

• Like 1

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Sheffield Weds 1-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic