Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

3 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Just watched the last half hour at Portman Road and, quite frankly, QPR had much the better of it. Neither keeper did much at all but it was mostly the R’s from what I saw. Also QPR should’ve just been given a penalty in the last minute, blatant handball in the area, 100% given in the PL.

Finished 0-0.

Tbf to QPR, they're a tidy side under the new mananger. The game we played them at Portman road was a tough one - defensively solid, but they've got some good / dangerous players (chair / paal for example). Was a good win for us and I'd expect them to move up the table! 

Edited by Saint86

1 minute ago, RedArmy said:

I thought they stopped going? Their stuff was hosted in Russia and that was the last I ever heard of them. 

apart from a few weeks of patchy service early 2022, it has been fine since, 99.9% of the time

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Looking at the Championship results tonight, Norwich losing, Leeds losing, Ipswich drawing, Sunderland drawing, Preston losing, Watford drawing etc.

Superb results for us these past few weeks, we just have to keep it going and not become inconsistent. 👏🏻

So what you're saying, is that we absolutely do not want Martin to get mananger of the month? 😂

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

8 points behind Ipswich start of December 3 at the end of it. Good work 

What's more, just the week before last, we fell 12 points behind them after drawing against Coventry.

Long way to go yet, but I think we are doing alright now...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/spieltagtabelle/wettbewerb/GB2?saison_id=2023&spieltag=21

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

What's more, just the week before last, we fell 12 points behind them after drawing against Coventry.

Long way to go yet, but I think we are doing alright now...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/spieltagtabelle/wettbewerb/GB2?saison_id=2023&spieltag=21

Yep, in just 4 games we've gone from being 12 points behind to 3, and also caught them up on goal difference.

Still plenty of twists to come but it's a long season and some on here were writing off our chances far too early.

2 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Ipswich have to go to Leicester in a few weeks. We’ll be top 2 by the end of the month  at the latest. 

I watched most of the second half. They really looked crap, and QPR were unlucky not to win. Hopefully they've shot their wad. They're definitely looking nervously over their shoulders.

6 hours ago, SaintBobby said:

I think we have cut the gap by 9 points in under a fortnight. Is that right? (not that it contradicts your point)

In the last four Ipswich have dropped nine points (3 draws and a defeat) while we won all four. So yes, an excellent two weeks.

Surely Ipswich's traditional rivals will just let us win on Monday, for the East Anglian giggles.

Edited by CB Fry

33 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

just some beauties from the leeds forum 

"Playing Piroe is like starting with 10 men."

"I reckon DF is DOF material rather than manager."

'My god, I feel so disillusioned & drained after what was a horrific display."

They did the "difficult" bit by beating Ipswich (which also helped us) and then proceed to lose two on the spin, so they are basically worse off now then they were before they played them. Pretty tough fixtures though.

I think an important lesson for us - say when we hit second next month, we need to work even harder to stay there.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

I watched most of the second half. They really looked crap, and QPR were unlucky not to win. Hopefully they've shot their wad. They're definitely looking nervously over their shoulders.

To be fair they have a big injury list apparently and made a load of changes so it was definitely not their first team last night. Still good though. 

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

To be fair they have a big injury list apparently and made a load of changes so it was definitely not their first team last night. Still good though. 

Injuries can happen to anyone obviously but haven’t they just played pretty much the same side all season so likely to take its toll?

Edited by whelk

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

They did the "difficult" bit by beating Ipswich (which also helped us) and then proceed to lose two on the spin, so they are basically worse off now then they were before they played them. Pretty tough fixtures though.

I think an important lesson for us - say when we hit second next month, we need to work even harder to stay there.

They have lost their last 3 away games. Sunderland, Preston and WBA 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

We have a further run of decent games. We are away to WBA 2nd half of Feb....

Commentator mentioned that WBA players may get picked off in January as they don’t have any cash now parachute payments have ended, might be weaker when we play them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

3 tough away games to be fair.

Preston’s two previous home games were defeats to QPR (0-2) and Watford (1-5), and since lost at home to Sheff We’d (0-1). So a funny old league. If Preston said woudl get 3 points from those 4 home games woudl neevr have thought would have been by beating Leeds. Although of course Leeds were playing with 10men after keeper sent off.

Edited by whelk

31 minutes ago, whelk said:

So he isn’t the Rickie Lambert we missed out on?

Doesn't quite seem like it but doesn't forget that Sports Republic and/or Russell Martin are culpable in allowing another team to sign him and should be taken out back and shot or something.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

‘The Kenny’ must be a tough place to go to. According to the bird “analyst” it’s the last place you want to visit with Chelsea’s poor away record 😂

When did they start calling it the Kenny? Absolute cringy bollocks. It’s true though when you’re struggling away from home you don’t want to go to The Etihad, Anfield or the emirates these days, you want to avoid the Kenny