Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

54 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Or alternatively they'll press and we'll pass through them and create a load of chances. Maybe we'll make and error, maybe we won't.

I wish we'd stop pissing around with it at the back because I'm really fed up that playing like that has contributed to our longest unbeaten run in a 100 years or something.

I know, right? We need to just lump it forward and play on the front foot - look for knock-downs from Adams and get it in the mixer.

What good did playing short passes and keeping possession ever do?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

Or alternatively they'll press and we'll pass through them and create a load of chances. Maybe we'll make and error, maybe we won't.

I wish we'd stop pissing around with it at the back because I'm really fed up that playing like that has contributed to our longest unbeaten run in a 100 years or something.

Our unbeaten run would have been longer if we hadn’t concentrated so much on pissing around at the back and actually tried to score a few more goals.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Our unbeaten run would have been longer if we hadn’t concentrated so much on pissing around at the back and actually tried to score a few more goals.

No one knows for certain. We could have let goals in other ways or scored fewer.

One thing I do know is that we have  created enough chances to win every game during that run. Is there a game since the start of it where we have had less shots than the opposition?

9 minutes ago, The Cat said:

No one knows for certain. We could have let goals in other ways or scored fewer.

One thing I do know is that we have  created enough chances to win every game during that run. Is there a game since the start of it where we have had less shots than the opposition?

We drew Preston, Huddersfield, Watford, Norwich, Coventry, Rotherham. It’s only really the Preston game you could say we were fortunate as it was an injury time equaliser but we were the better team for 80 minutes in that one too. We should have won all the others. 

• Like 4

Arsenal v Liverpool great start. Good atmosphere too, "The Library" can produce when it wants, they do the "Arsenal, Arsenal., Arsenal.." reining down from the terraces well (as do Everton and Liverpool) our lot should do it (Southampton actually fits for once - we used to do it with the clapping in the 70s))

“Trent” has been getting rinsed by Martinella all second half now they’re kidding arse because his “wand of a right foot” put in an okay corner which led to an own goal. Fuck me

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Thing is the way we play isn’t much different.

There is quite a few occasions where we have an opportunity to shoot and we chose to make an extra pass, it wouldn’t hurt to have someone smash it from the edge of the area once in a while.

Our average shot distance is 16.9 yards which suggests we take plenty of shots from outside the box.

Also we have more shots on target per game than any other team in the Championship.

All stats available at the link below

https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/Championship-Stats

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Thing is the way we play isn’t much different.

There is quite a few occasions where we have an opportunity to shoot and we chose to make an extra pass, it wouldn’t hurt to have someone smash it from the edge of the area once in a while.

Like Alcaraz and Walker Peters two quite recent examples? 

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Wanting to see your team win a CL trophy makes you an entitled little shitbag, does it?

OK then.

Yes, but on the same sort of spectrum you get this fawning, arselicking type of shit starting up already:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool

Talk of "quadruples' . Easy to forget how dislikeable the EPL is when you're not part of it week by week. Yet Klopp is bemoaning fixture congestion according to the press.

Wanting to see your team win a CL trophy makes you an entitled little shitbag, does it?

OK then.

feck me, fans get called entitled shitbags (on here) for expecting to beat Rotherham at home.

OK then.

‘Sh*tbag’ is probably a bit much but I did start rosining the bow on my world’s smallest violin when he said, "I’ve seen us win a few FA Cups AND THATS IT!"

39 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Bruno Fernandes dive tonight cementing his place as one of the biggest bellends to ever be classed as a footballer.

What a tosser he is. I really hope a feather doesn't land on him on his way home. Based on the "agony" he was in when he went over, it'll fucking kill him. Yes there was some contact, but about the same as flicking a cocktail stick at an oak tree. He really is a grade one wankstain.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

What a tosser he is. I really hope a feather doesn't land on him on his way home. Based on the "agony" he was in when he went over, it'll fucking kill him. Yes there was some contact, but about the same as flicking a cocktail stick at an oak tree. He really is a grade one wankstain.

He was lightly touched on his toe so he goes down clutching his shin and writhing in agony. A Class One prize cheat.

There was a lot of talk between the commentators about ‘contact’. There is nothing in the Laws of the Game about contact, only “trip or attempt to trip”.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

I agree,and said to a Man U supporting mate that it was shameful. I then considered and thought had he been an England player in the WC final id be happy to accept it

55 minutes ago, Challenger said:

There needs to be a serious reset in football regarding driving ( and other modern  interpretations regarding offside) otherwise the " sport " will become a complete farce.

“Will become”?

It already has. It seems to me that these sort of practices have arrived into our sport along with the ‘continental’ players.

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

“Will become”?

It already has. It seems to me that these sort of practices have arrived into our sport along with the ‘continental’ players.

Indeed. I used to seeth at the antics of " Latin " national sides when playing against England years ago, now it's well ingrained in the domestic leagues. That said there was one or two home grown "actors" back then also.

• Like 1

Another benefit of no VAR in our league is that people don't spend ages rolling around on the floor in "agony" while trying to alert everyone in the ground to the fact an opposition player brushed past them.

11th January is historically a very good day for Saints results shame we don’t have a game today 

last year we beat Man City 2-0 in the cup

in 2015 a Dusan Tadic strike saw us get our first win at old Trafford since 1988

In 2011 we beat promotion rivals  Huddersfield  5-0 at home in league 1.